New Beats pro to be released in March 2012?
Jan 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

aldeirm2

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Before I start I just want to say please don't post replies attacking Beats by Dre, I know they are over priced, not the best etc etc but I like the way they look and sound, personal preference. 

My question is as follows:

I want to buy the Beats Pro but when I went in to a store I was told by the clerk that the Pro's version 2 will be expected in mid March.

Did any one hear about this or any related news? Are there any new Beats planned for 2012? 

any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #2 of 30
I haven't heard anything about a new release.
BTW, don't expect any others to not attack you about beats or even comment on this thread, honestly they probably won't even click on it. I'm not a fan of beats. This is not a beats friendly zone.

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #3 of 30
I really don't understand all the hate tbh. Why does anyone buy headphones or any other item? because it in some way gives them enjoyment, Now who is anyone to say that me or some other Beats fan doesn't get the same amount of joy and enjoyment from owning a pair than what ever other better similarly priced headphones?

I personally would spend on them because A) I really like the way they look. B) they are more than I need for the type of music i listen to. so yes, I am willing to spend an extra 100-200 dollars to look good wearing headphones (personal taste).

on a side note, What would be the beats competitor in that price range that look just as good or better? I would like to have a look and possibly give them a try.

Thanks

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #5 of 30

Quote:
I really don't understand all the hate tbh. Why does anyone buy headphones or any other item? because it in some way gives them enjoyment, Now who is anyone to say that me or some other Beats fan doesn't get the same amount of joy and enjoyment from owning a pair than what ever other better similarly priced headphones?

I personally would spend on them because A) I really like the way they look. B) they are more than I need for the type of music i listen to. so yes, I am willing to spend an extra 100-200 dollars to look good wearing headphones (personal taste).

on a side note, What would be the beats competitor in that price range that look just as good or better? I would like to have a look and possibly give them a try.

Thanks

Well, the problem is the users. Misinformed they may be, zero research they may have done, and yet some of them claim that Beats are "greatest sounding headphones in existence" (direct quote there). I personally like the sound of the Pro, and hell I would buy it if it wasn't so ridiculously priced.

Side note, V-Moda M80 or the Ultrasone Pro900. Choice between raw swag (Beats), smooth swag (V-Moda) or class (Ultrasone).

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #6 of 30
I'm not hating on beats. I fully understand what you're saying with how you like the way they look and sound, for your personal taste. As for other styles that are in the same price range and look just as good if not better, it all comes to personal preference. I think some of the AKG's look pretty cool but idk how their sound quality compares with other top brands. I would suggest looking at some the the Grado headphones as they look very sharp in my eyes, almost retro.

Like I said, not hating on beats. Also, have you ever sat down and listened to some other headphones? Such as sennheiser, ultrasone, audio technica?

If you like your beats, I'm not really going to be able to change your mind but at least be open at looking at and trying some other headphones. You might realize you can get the same quality, and in most cases, better quality for a lot less cash.

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #7 of 30
Oh, and look at some of the V-Moda's if you're up to it

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #8 of 30
There's nothing wrong with the Beats Pro. They really don't sound that bad. The problem is that they don't sound that good for $400.

Here's my advice to the OP: Buy a pair of Denon D2000s. They will A) Be cheaper ($250-350) B) Sound a good bit better overall while keeping a similar sound signature (plenty of bass!) C) Still look really nice (they look like a luxury item). They are easily powered by portable sources, so you won't need to worry about buying additional equipment with them (though it does help).

But, yeah, the main problem with the Beats headphones is that they either sound horrible (like the Solos, which are just horrible all around no matter the price) or they cost WAY more than they should for the sound you're getting. I suppose it's fine if you're oblivious to this fact, but you're on Head-fi. It's painful for us to see someone get less than they could have for what they paid, ultimately. :wink:

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #9 of 30

Quote:

Thanks

I would suggest the V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for $100-$200 less than Beats Pro. They sound good, look great and are built like a tank.

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #12 of 30

Quote:
The Beats Executive is a hoax: http://www.head-fi.org/t/589181/new-beats-scam/15#post_8045948

While I'm very impressed by your detective work, I found the executives on the Monster cable website: http://store.monstercable.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=135&idproduct=9234

They look really cool I think but seem to rely on batteries which is a huge no no for me.

Jan 12, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #13 of 30

Quote:
I'm not hating on beats. I fully understand what you're saying with how you like the way they look and sound, for your personal taste. As for other styles that are in the same price range and look just as good if not better, it all comes to personal preference. I think some of the AKG's look pretty cool but idk how their sound quality compares with other top brands. I would suggest looking at some the the Grado headphones as they look very sharp in my eyes, almost retro.

Like I said, not hating on beats. Also, have you ever sat down and listened to some other headphones? Such as sennheiser, ultrasone, audio technica?

If you like your beats, I'm not really going to be able to change your mind but at least be open at looking at and trying some other headphones. You might realize you can get the same quality, and in most cases, better quality for a lot less cash.

Quote:
Oh, and look at some of the V-Moda's if you're up to it

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with the Beats Pro. They really don't sound that bad. The problem is that they don't sound that good for $400.

Here's my advice to the OP: Buy a pair of Denon D2000s. They will A) Be cheaper ($250-350) B) Sound a good bit better overall while keeping a similar sound signature (plenty of bass!) C) Still look really nice (they look like a luxury item). They are easily powered by portable sources, so you won't need to worry about buying additional equipment with them (though it does help).

But, yeah, the main problem with the Beats headphones is that they either sound horrible (like the Solos, which are just horrible all around no matter the price) or they cost WAY more than they should for the sound you're getting. I suppose it's fine if you're oblivious to this fact, but you're on Head-fi. It's painful for us to see someone get less than they could have for what they paid, ultimately. :wink:

Quote:

I would suggest the V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for $100-$200 less than Beats Pro. They sound good, look great and are built like a tank.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will most certinaly give them a go!

Feb 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #14 of 30
No matter how much information is on this thing, the beatphiles find that the mixrs are the same quality of pros, so this may be the 250 dollars that all of us in headfi can finally try out.

Feb 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #15 of 30
Long time lurker here. Ill add my 2 cents for the Beats Mixr. 

Compared to other portables...these are actually quite astounding for the beats brand. Imagine a beats pro with more midrange. A better example would be the B&W P5, more top end detail, the same warmish midrange, and quite a bit better bass extension. 

These DO NOT have the huge mid bass hump of most other models. I received a pair of in ear beats for christmas. DIdnt even open the box, took them to Best Buy and exchanged for the Beats Mixr last week since I already owned the P5. 

Build quality is amazing, and these are fairly lightweight (maybe aluminum ear cups). redesigned control talk cable is the best of any portable headphone out. These still have a typical beats sound. This is not in a bad way though. These sound great with acoustic, jazz, rap, electronic, etc. 

Neil Young sounds as good as Al Green, Damien Rice (softer acoustic) even sounds amazing through these.

Say what you will about the Beats brand. The studio and solo models have deserved the reputation. Before you balk at the Beats Mixr....at $250 these headphones are priced accurately for their sound quality. 

I own turbines, turbine pro copper, B&W c5, B&W P5, and Grado 225i...The beats Mixr is better than any across the board as a whole. Good sound isolation, virtually no leak, decently comfortable, built like a tank, priced reasonably. 

I have nothing bad to say. Take them for what they are - a bass emphasized sound profile (though more in the sub bass than mid bass this time). The quality of the mids and highs blow all other beats products out of the water. Somebody put some research into these, or Monster decided to lets the beats brand go out with a bang because these are way to good for typical Beats. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back