NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Dec 22, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #1,981 of 2,079
Hi,

As you noticed, I did not compare the MDR-Z1R to the H95.
I just stated that the MDR-Z1R is a headphone (by the way it is a closed one) that gives a lot of bass... A little too much so I need to slightly EQ it in that area.
And I just said that the H95 was giving even more "bassy" (somewhat "boomy" feeling).

That was just a reply to the previous post saying that, if I find there is too much bass, then that is because the bass is on the recording.
I was just saying that, if that bass was indeed on the recording, I probably would have noticed it with the MDR-Z1R.
Noticing it to a certain degree with the H95 and not with the MDR-Z1R entitles me to think that the H95 is too "bassy" for my tastes.
It was nothing more than that...

Thanks for clarifying the specs on the MDR-Z1R! I'll hang a stocking up on December 24th but have a feeling that Santa doesn't read this Forum! Good luck in finding the right Bluetooth headphones - very interested to know what you think of the Focal Bathys, especially as they are designed and partly made in France.

Dec 23, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #1,983 of 2,079
I am sure that the Sony MDR-Z1R have incredibly sound quality, especially if paired with a top quality source and DAC. However, with the headphones alone costing £1650, they are twice the price of the H95 so not comparable. They were beyond my budget so I didn't audition them plus I needed a closed back headphone for personal listening in a shared home office.

All audio auditioning is about finding a product that gives you the sound that you want in a format that suits your needs. I'm hoping my H95s give me many more years of listening pleasure but have a feeling that B&O are going to launch an even better H100 product next year to mark their centennial year.
Sony MDR-Z1R have poor midrange and genres they seem to do best are jazz, classical, and non-bass-heavy electronic.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #1,986 of 2,079
Hi,

So just from seeing the curve and without actually having listened to the headphone you can claim it sounds poorly in the midrange ?
And that it is best fitted for different kinds of music but not for others...

I did not knew that was possible...
That's amazing !
I assume the curve for the h95 is much better ?

I think this confirms that you have not heard the headphone yourself. But I might be wrong...

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #1,987 of 2,079
Precisely. There is no need for you to be angry or annoyed. If i want i can take that Sony headphones and test them but I don't have the will to do such thing as i find it waste of time. There is so much reviews on internet ,but the one i follow for more than 10 years is stereophile which i consider to be more than relevant ,at least for me , has done that. https://www.stereophile.com/content/sony-mdr-z1r-sealed-over-ear-headphones

Dec 23, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #1,988 of 2,079
Hi,
I am not angry nor annoyed.
Just amused by blind faith claims.
We obviously have different views on how to choose our devices.

And that is ok, as long as no one tries to force their views of sound upon anyone.
Not sure you're doing that but I don't care.
I'm not wasting my time in such a sterile debate...

Have a cracking day/afternoon/evening/night...

Regards

Dec 23, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #1,989 of 2,079
Hi,

As you noticed, I did not compare the MDR-Z1R to the H95.
I just stated that the MDR-Z1R is a headphone (by the way it is a closed one) that gives a lot of bass... A little too much so I need to slightly EQ it in that area.
And I just said that the H95 was giving even more "bassy" (somewhat "boomy" feeling).

That was just a reply to the previous post saying that, if I find there is too much bass, then that is because the bass is on the recording.
I was just saying that, if that bass was indeed on the recording, I probably would have noticed it with the MDR-Z1R.
Noticing it to a certain degree with the H95 and not with the MDR-Z1R entitles me to think that the H95 is too "bassy" for my tastes.
It was nothing more than that...
So good and relevant to realize how different our ears work - I wish you a succesful journey :)

Jan 6, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #1,991 of 2,079
These have been out for a while. Are they still worth getting in 2024? I have to choose my 25 year service gift from work from a catalog of items and the h95 is one of the items that's available for me to pick. I currently use a set of B&W PX for my closed back noise canceling bluetooth headphones. They serve my needs fine I'm no audiophile when it comes to headphones but my one complaint is the PX does not have multi-point pairing. I mainly use them for air travel and when listening to music in bed at night and occasionally going around the house doing chores. I might use them 1-2 times a week. Most of my headphone use is with some Jabra 75t's as I use them for conference calls and listening to music while working as I can have it simultanously pairs to my phone and computer. With multi point on my over the hears I would use them a lot more than I do my PX as they would turn into my work headphones and get use pretty much every day. It's come down between the H95's and a Breville Creatista espresso machine. I've been going back and forth between the two all week and still haven't pulled the trigger. Talk me into or out of the H95's.

Jan 6, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #1,992 of 2,079
These have been out for a while. Are they still worth getting in 2024? I have to choose my 25 year service gift from work from a catalog of items and the h95 is one of the items that's available for me to pick. I currently use a set of B&W PX for my closed back noise canceling bluetooth headphones. They serve my needs fine I'm no audiophile when it comes to headphones but my one complaint is the PX does not have multi-point pairing. I mainly use them for air travel and when listening to music in bed at night and occasionally going around the house doing chores. I might use them 1-2 times a week. Most of my headphone use is with some Jabra 75t's as I use them for conference calls and listening to music while working as I can have it simultanously pairs to my phone and computer. With multi point on my over the hears I would use them a lot more than I do my PX as they would turn into my work headphones and get use pretty much every day. It's come down between the H95's and a Breville Creatista espresso machine. I've been going back and forth between the two all week and still haven't pulled the trigger. Talk me into or out of the H95's.
If you’re over 55, you can get a good cup of coffee with refills for 70 cents at McDonald’s!! Get the headphones👍

Jan 6, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #1,993 of 2,079
If you’re over 55, you can get a good cup of coffee with refills for 70 cents at McDonald’s!! Get the headphones👍
+1 I haven't any experience with the PX, but I still love my H95. Have had them for 3 years. I really like the sound signature, while the ANC is so so.
Ideally you should try before buy - maybe over a cup of coffee :dt880smile:

Jan 6, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #1,995 of 2,079
PX8 and H95 are like two sons. Which one to choose ?
Tough call. Overall, I think the PX8 is the slightly better headphone. I personally enjoy the H95 a little more. H95 is a little closer to neutral in sound quality, has a better battery life, better call quality, and are a little more portable in their ability to fold and with their case having a slightly smaller footprint (The case is unique and I love it). It's just the more creatively designed headphone and is more fun to use in my opinion. The PX8 is a little more comfortable, has a little better passive isolation which helps it cancel noise better overall, and remains connected to your phone while using a wire which can be big if you game with your headphones. The PX8 is the warmer, punchier sounding headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back