NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Jan 7, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #1,996 of 2,079
Tough call. Overall, I think the PX8 is the slightly better headphone. I personally enjoy the H95 a little more. H95 is a little closer to neutral in sound quality, has a better battery life, better call quality, and are a little more portable in their ability to fold and with their case having a slightly smaller footprint (The case is unique and I love it). It's just the more creatively designed headphone and is more fun to use in my opinion. The PX8 is a little more comfortable, has a little better passive isolation which helps it cancel noise better overall, and remains connected to your phone while using a wire which can be big if you game with your headphones. The PX8 is the warmer, punchier sounding headphone.
Agree with this. The H95 really do sound great and hold their own against the competition. Tbh I might prefer their sound to the PX8 too - they beat them for separation and layering, also sound more airy and precise. Definitely prefer the PX8’s more subtle design though and PX8 is much more comfortable.

Jan 9, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #1,997 of 2,079
Hi all,
Bought a pair of these and love them, but I think I got a defective pair. JUST want to confirm, in case there is any weirdness I am not aware of.

In summary, the right earcup sounds like a screw is loose inside of it. It doesn't always bounce around, but sometimes it does. It's not the dial or switch as I've held them still and it sounds like something is still sliding around loose inside the earcup (can only hear while wearing it). Needs repair, right? Also, how good is B&O repair? The place I bought it from might not allow replacement (only full refund) and i got it for 25% off. Thanks.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #1,998 of 2,079
Welp, ended up getting these again...!

Gotta say, these have one of the most fun bass response I've heard in any cans, wireless or otherwise. Tbh I prefer the sound of these to the Bathys even. They sort of remind me of the D9200 tuning wise actually (obviously not as technically accomplished though).

Jan 11, 2024 at 3:06 AM Post #1,999 of 2,079

Gotta say, these have one of the most fun bass response I've heard in any cans, wireless or otherwise. Tbh I prefer the sound of these to the Bathys even. They sort of remind me of the D9200 tuning wise actually (obviously not as technically accomplished though).
Hi, can you or anyone else who has owned these previously address the experience in my above post? This issue is not normal right?

Jan 11, 2024 at 7:53 AM Post #2,001 of 2,079
the right earcup sounds like a screw is loose inside of it.
Not normal, I had the same issue on my 2nd or 3rd replaced pair. Also the right earcup.

I had a history of replacements with H95, they were okay. If you're in the EU they'll be sent to Arvato in Germany and they'll send you a new pair. Color might not match, if they don't have it in stock.

Jan 11, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #2,002 of 2,079
Thanks for input.
Damn I just got RMA info and local repair center is backed up a full month. I guess I'll return them to the retailer, but there is a good chance I won't be able to get a replacement unfortunately. A month is IMO unacceptable for a repair.

Jan 11, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #2,003 of 2,079
Hi all,
Bought a pair of these and love them, but I think I got a defective pair. JUST want to confirm, in case there is any weirdness I am not aware of.

In summary, the right earcup sounds like a screw is loose inside of it. It doesn't always bounce around, but sometimes it does. It's not the dial or switch as I've held them still and it sounds like something is still sliding around loose inside the earcup (can only hear while wearing it). Needs repair, right? Also, how good is B&O repair? The place I bought it from might not allow replacement (only full refund) and i got it for 25% off. Thanks.
My pair are only a few months old and I’ve never experienced anything like this. You should take them back asap

Jan 11, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #2,004 of 2,079

Agreed, I tested the Bathys briefly and I still like the H95 sound a bit more. There are a few reference tracks I use for testing headphones, the Bathys are crisp but the bass is a bit lacking.

Jan 13, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #2,005 of 2,079
Hi,
I am not angry nor annoyed.
Just amused by blind faith claims.
We obviously have different views on how to choose our devices.

And that is ok, as long as no one tries to force their views of sound upon anyone.
Not sure you're doing that but I don't care.
I'm not wasting my time in such a sterile debate...

Have a cracking day/afternoon/evening/night...

Regards
I had/have both.... is just comparing apples with oranges.

When I had the Sony, I tried to gloss over every weakness, but in the end I accepted the facts and sold it.
These were my last wired over-ear headphones by the way - ever. I used them with the NW-WMA1 and WMZ1 - apparently the perfect match - unfortunately not.
I still haven't forgiven Sony for this disappointment. My journey began with Sony Walkman, Discman & Minidisc and ended with the Z1R .... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jan 13, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #2,006 of 2,079
The H95s are damn good. I've owned multi thousand dollar headphone setups and the H95s compete to be honest

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #2,007 of 2,079
The H95s are damn good. I've owned multi thousand dollar headphone setups and the H95s compete to be honest
Agree they are bloody impressive for a wireless set. Surprisingly resolving, tonnes of speed, actual layering capability and very musical!

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #2,008 of 2,079
Agree they are bloody impressive for a wireless set. Surprisingly resolving, tonnes of speed, actual layering capability and very musical!
I was so impressed I've started to explore the rest of B&Os catalog and wow some great stuff . I had written this company off but their current product line is outstanding

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #2,009 of 2,079
I was so impressed I've started to explore the rest of B&Os catalog and wow some great stuff . I had written this company off but their current product line is outstanding
off topic - but anyway - try their in ears: Beoplay EX - they are terrific (to my ears :))

Jan 14, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #2,010 of 2,079
off topic - but anyway - try their in ears: Beoplay EX - they are terrific (to my ears :))
Already done! I have them and think they are awesome also, incredible for an in-ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back