NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Sep 7, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #151 of 2,077
Something important: The sound with anc on isn't changing or is changing so, so little that is difficult hearing the difference with h95.

With my b&o h8 when I putting anc on the sound is changing very clearly and is worse than with anc off, so I needing always eq. I think this is similar with the 3 models of h9 I owning before, maybe not so bad with h9 3 gen but still a problem.

The eq is not necessary for me with h95 with anc or ambient mode on.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #152 of 2,077
I've had the H9i and H9 3rd gen and they have a noticiable hiss to the ANC that annoyed me while listening to podcasts or audio books. How are the H95 in this regard? I know that the ANC probably won't be as good as the XM4 but it would be a lot more comfortable if they didn't have a noticable hiss when active. The XM4 hisses also but not enough to bother you.

I’ve received my H 95 on Saturday and I really like them.

First, I want to answer the quoted question. Indeed there is some hiss when transparency or noice cancelling is on its maximum. I can only hear the hissing, when no music is playing, so this is no issue for me. But the good thing about transparency and noice cancelling on the H 95 is, that you can adjust the intensity of it in approx. 5 steps in each direction. Having it on step 3, I can not recognise any disturbing noises, even if no music is playing. So far I can not judge under which circumstances you will need the highest levels of transparency or noice cancelling.

Besides this, I think that sound quality has been dramatically improved in comparison to the H 9i. For me the sound is clear, brilliant and impressive, while the bass is well-defined and punchy. One thing, which bugged me a bit was the sound quality when transparency/noice cancelling is off, there bass was too weak in my opinion. But as soon as you dial in some transparency or noice cancelling, the H 95 sounds great. I had no problems with volume being too low, but perhaps I just don’t crank it up that much.

I don’t regret my purchase, for me the H 95 have a fantastic sound and they are the most comfortable headphones I‘ve owned so far.

Sep 7, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #153 of 2,077
One thing, which bugged me a bit was the sound quality when transparency/noice cancelling is off, there bass was too weak in my opinion. But as soon as you dial in some transparency or noice cancelling, the H 95 sounds great.

So essentially the ANC also applies some EQ? Besides not being able to use them without juice, this bothers me... somehow this sounds like they were tuned for ANC, with everything else just an afterthought. Again not what I expect at 800,-

Have to admit that my initial interest fades more and more. Give how much I like my Aonic 50 I'm under no pressure to upgrade. there may be just too many of my requirements not fulfilled: partial touch interface (dislike that very much), no passive mode, implicit EQ / sound changes with ANC on/off... price would not bother me much if it were not for these points. Oh well...

Sep 7, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #154 of 2,077
So essentially the ANC also applies some EQ?

I don’t knowing why you saying that. I explaining only 3 posts above (#151) that exactly the opposite is my experience.

Is ok if you don’t buying h95 for other reasons, but anc and ambient mode are NOT affecting the sound, or almost nothing, specially NOT affecting the sound in a good way so that you must having one of the two on.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #155 of 2,077
I've had the H9i and H9 3rd gen and they have a noticiable hiss to the ANC that annoyed me while listening to podcasts or audio books. How are the H95 in this regard? I know that the ANC probably won't be as good as the XM4 but it would be a lot more comfortable if they didn't have a noticable hiss when active. The XM4 hisses also but not enough to bother you.

The hiss with anc of h95 isn't like the hiss of anc with h9i or h9 3g. Yes, you can hearing little hiss but the volume of hiss for me isn't problematic like in h9 models. I listening to podcasts too and I can using full anc and having no problem with strong background noise.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #156 of 2,077
So essentially the ANC also applies some EQ? Besides not being able to use them without juice, this bothers me... somehow this sounds like they were tuned for ANC, with everything else just an afterthought. Again not what I expect at 800,-

Have to admit that my initial interest fades more and more. Give how much I like my Aonic 50 I'm under no pressure to upgrade. there may be just too many of my requirements not fulfilled: partial touch interface (dislike that very much), no passive mode, implicit EQ / sound changes with ANC on/off... price would not bother me much if it were not for these points. Oh well...

I agree with you.
Not being possible to use H95 with cable and power off is really annoying !
(and also leads to some reasonable doubts about the use of internal electronics...)

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #157 of 2,077
I agree with you.
Not being possible to use H95 with cable and power off is really annoying !
(and also leads to some reasonable doubts about the use of internal electronics...)

I can understanding that some people maybe don't wanting buying h95 because they can't using with cable and with the unit off completely. You saying this "is really annoying!" but, if this is important for you, why you never mentioning this in your initial comments until now?

And saying "also leads to some reasonable doubts about the use of internal electronics" isn't making sense. What is basis for this comment? What is your experience for categorical comment like this?

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #159 of 2,077
Did you mentioned everything in your initial comments ?!
Apparently not, considering the number of your posts about the H95...

No, I don't mentioning everything, but I mentioning many things. If the cable aspect is so "annoying!" for you, I imagine is important mentioning this very soon.

But you don't answering the second and more important part of my reply to your post. I have impression that you're looking for more and more negative things of the h95, and this is your intention for 'contribution' in this thread in this moment.

Sep 7, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #160 of 2,077
After the first full charge I now using 30h 01m with BT only and the battery in the app saying I having 51% more. Like I saying before, maybe I obtaining more than 50 hours than is saying in the h95 specs, and maybe near or little more than 60 hours.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #161 of 2,077

After the first full charge I now using 30h 01m with BT only and the battery in the app saying I having 51% more. Like I saying before, maybe I obtaining more than 50 hours than is saying in the h95 specs, and maybe near or little more than 60 hours.
That is incredible!! This battery must be nuclear-based :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I am dying for this to arrive into NZ

Sep 8, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #162 of 2,077
I’ve received my H 95 on Saturday and I really like them.

First, I want to answer the quoted question. Indeed there is some hiss when transparency or noice cancelling is on its maximum. I can only hear the hissing, when no music is playing, so this is no issue for me. But the good thing about transparency and noice cancelling on the H 95 is, that you can adjust the intensity of it in approx. 5 steps in each direction. Having it on step 3, I can not recognise any disturbing noises, even if no music is playing. So far I can not judge under which circumstances you will need the highest levels of transparency or noice cancelling.

The hiss with anc of h95 isn't like the hiss of anc with h9i or h9 3g. Yes, you can hearing little hiss but the volume of hiss for me isn't problematic like in h9 models. I listening to podcasts too and I can using full anc and having no problem with strong background noise.

Thank you both for the answers, I just ordered a pair from my local dealer and looking forward to recieving them. :)

Sep 8, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #163 of 2,077
Looking forward to more impressions, I'm tempted to upgrade my h9 v1.
I'm happy with the sound sig., but the v1 pressure behind my ears on my glases making it tiresome to wear for long periods.
I think (hope) the new oval form factor would be better for me.
Also the improved headband would be good.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #164 of 2,077
I purchased them around 4 days ago and these are my feelings:

Sound quality is the most important thing. Yes we can have higher cost headphones with a portable DAC/AMP etc but we buy these portable headphones for none of that.

The sound is impressive. Sub-bass is punchy, robust and defined. Mids are crystal clear and nothing to be sniffed at. The treble is lacking a little bit, but I will forgive that given that there is absolutely no sibilance. They play a range of genres well, which should be important in portables. Further to this, although it’s not perfect, you can adjust the tonality of the H95 with the app, where I have a mild preference for warmth.

Do they sound as good as a pair of high end Grado’s or the Focal Stella, hell no, but in this field, they prevail. Yes they only have Aptx, but when you are walking around or on a train are you going to notice the difference between 44.1 and 96? Doubtful.

I’m yet to hear the Sony WMX4 but I have the 3. I also have Master & Dynamic MW65. But sound quality is a few notches higher at least with the H95.

The battery life is incredible. I’m astounded. So I won’t say any more.

They look amazing and they are build completely solidly. They are comfortable and I have worn them for long periods with no issue. No issue with glasses either.

The dials on the side, especially for volume, is just brilliant in terms of convenience and ease.

My only gripe with them is that you can hear the wind more markedly than some of the competition.

If money is the problem, get the PANDA’s and see if they do what the USP on DROP states. I’m in the UK so didn’t fancy the import fees (and they are ugly).

Right now these are the best all round ANC Headphones on the market. They are in between good and excellent in every area other than not having LDAC and the wind being heard a little too much.

If you’ve got the money, I think they’re a buy and I think you will keep them. I thought about keeping mine wrapped and selling at a profit. But I’m glad I opened the box. The MW65 and Sony’s will be sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back