NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Sep 6, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #122 of 2,078
OK, I understand that it would be nice to have BT 5.2 but I think that

1) H95 development stage has started long time ago and that at this time 5.2 chips were not available - and are still not
2) They want it to make it widely compatible to work with nearly 100% of the devices out there
3) BT 5.2 does not seem to bring any audio quality enhancement (but optimization like better battery life, speedier connection ...)

1) Probably correct, releasing it now for this price just seems weird.

2) Doesn't make any sense, Bluetooth 5.2 would still be backwards compatible, whereas APTX adaptive is barely used (even tho it can use ATPX/APTX HD), but the low latency high quality audio of APTX Adaptive is not widly used thanks to Qualcomm, yet they market it like it is.

3) It brings loads of improvements, bluetooth audio is more than just pure quality, even tho it looks like improvements will be made there as well.

But if you got loads of cash to spend on the most expensive Bluetooth ANC headphone ever (I think), then go ahead.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #123 of 2,078
I thought people were better informed about Bluetooth Audio on HeadFi :floatsmile: If you go into an A/V forum most people are very much in tune with the next stanadards of video technology.

It's an audiophile forum not a geek forum :dt880smile: I'm sure that people will know what they need to know on the subject when BT 5.2 will be widely available

Sep 6, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #125 of 2,078
But if you got loads of cash to spend on the most expensive Bluetooth ANC headphone ever (I think), then go ahead.

I do not have loads of cash, unfortunately :disappointed_relieved:
But a BT ANC headphone is not only appealing because of its BT chipset, the H95 has a nice design, quality build, and what no other BT ANC have is the rings for volume and transparency adjustment which I love. And sound quality of course - but for the moment it seems that only two members have the H95 (angelom and audiophile PT) and one like it very much and the other hates it, so let's wait a little bit for more reviews ...

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #126 of 2,078
I do not have loads of cash, unfortunately :disappointed_relieved:
But a BT ANC headphone is not only appealing because of its BT chipset, the H95 has a nice design, quality build, and what no other BT ANC have is the rings for volume and transparency adjustment which I love. And sound quality of course - but for the moment it seems that only two members have the H95 (angelom and audiophile PT) and one like it very much and the other hates it, so let's wait a little bit for more reviews ...

Actually Microsoft Surface Headphone got that design :)

But the price, I guess something like the THX Panda got as good SQ, you're basically paying double the money for the build.

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #127 of 2,078
LDAC is a Sony proprietary codec and as I said earlier, I thank that they want to have the H95 compatible with standards codec (plus perhaps they should pay Sony to implement the codec?)
While it is true that Sony is the inventor of LDAC, both Shure and HiFiman Bluetooth headphones support LDAC and any of the recent Android phones support LDAC as well. It is reasonable to believe that B&O could pay licensing fees to Sony especially considering the $$$ price they are selling H95 for.

Sep 6, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #128 of 2,078
.... but for the moment it seems that only two members have the H95 (angelom and audiophile PT) and one like it very much and the other hates it, so let's wait a little bit for more reviews ...

Yes, waiting for more reviews is good always. In this thread is two people owning this product like you saying, but I putting 2 links before of youtube of 2 other people owing the h95 too and the 2 people liking very much this headphone. One person knowing b&o h6 that many people considering the best b&o headphone in the sound and the measurements showing is having good sound. The 2 people of YouTube aren't working for audio / tech publications (so no sponsoring from b&o) and having no affiliation with b&o, only ordinary consumers like me.

Actually Microsoft Surface Headphone got that design :)

But the price, I guess something like the THX Panda got as good SQ, you're basically paying double the money for the build.

You having more than only good construction:
-- You having 50 hours of battery life with only BT and 38 hours with anc. Right now with only BT I having 21h 15m and showing 65% battery in the app, this is only one third of 100%, so maybe obtaining more than 50 hrs (or more than 60) and maybe more 38 hrs with anc.
-- You having excellent call quality and your voice isn't in vacuum, and this microphones are very good for recording memos or audio messages.
-- Very good anc that many anc headphones not having.
-- The quality of the case is exceptional and with perfect design AND size.
-- The implementation of the volume wheel is so important for me that I very happy pay extra 50,00 euros or more for this design. I never trying the Surface (first with this feature), but for this feature, in this headphone, quality of materials and implementation is very important. The way the ambient mode and anc is working with very quick adjustments quickly is also big positive, and I have small steps in volume or very quick BIG jumps super quickly if I wanting.
-- The design is very important with excellent comfort and removable ear pads. And this design making this headphone looking beautiful, maybe not important aspect for you but for me aesthetic part is important. For the weight of this headphone, the comfort is very, very good achievement.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #129 of 2,078
...and 4 more aspects:
-- Leather earpads. Only b&o and sennheiser offering this. Many people complaining, like me, with other headphones with artificial leather that they causing very hot ears and sweating soon.
-- Excellent passive isolation (isolation without anc on)
-- Minimal sound leaking outside, so that you don't bothering other people when you playing music more loud and they can hearing this.
-- Is having very good folding mechanism and quick storaging. Sennheiser, for example having this, but the headphone is still bulky and needing bulky case (momentum 3 case is disaster). SA50 can't folding and having big case, etc.

I know some headphones having this or that aspect I mention above, and some better than h95 (xm3's anc, for example), but the complete package of h95 for me is excellent. Expensive, yes, but isn't only better construction that for ME is making me paying 800,00 euros.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #130 of 2,078
Yes, waiting for more reviews is good always. In this thread is two people owning this product like you saying, but I putting 2 links before of youtube of 2 other people owing the h95 too and the 2 people liking very much this headphone. One person knowing b&o h6 that many people considering the best b&o headphone in the sound and the measurements showing is having good sound. The 2 people of YouTube aren't working for audio / tech publications (so no sponsoring from b&o) and having no affiliation with b&o, only ordinary consumers like me...

Those 2 people on those 2 videos seems to pay much more attention to the design and aesthetic of the H95.
On those videos I just dont see any detailed review of the sound...!

Sep 6, 2020 at 7:20 PM Post #131 of 2,078
Those 2 people on those 2 videos seems to pay much more attention to the design and aesthetic of the H95.
On those videos I just dont see any detailed review of the sound...!

And so, in your opinion they are wrong and the comments not valid.

You don't giving detailed review, either. One says important comment of h6 and saying he thinking h95 sounding better. The other making some comments comparing h95 with AirPods Pro. AirPods Pro is very good anc earphone that sounding better than some expensive anc headphones and having better anc than many anc headphones too.

My point before is that we knowing 4 people not only 2: you that hating the h95, and 3 that liking this headphone, and in my case liking very much.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #133 of 2,078
Let's just wait for more detailed and unbiased reviews...

I saying before that waiting for more opinions and reviews is good always. In your case waiting isn't necessary, in my opinion. You hating this headphone very much so maybe you can selling now quickly for good price and this way you don't regretting so, so much buying this headphone.

Sep 6, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #135 of 2,078
Perhaps you should let me be the judge of that..!

I saying "in my opinion", thinking is good advice in your situation. I never saying you must selling h95 because I insisting you doing this now. Perhaps you can reading my post more correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back