NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Sep 5, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #91 of 2,077
Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #92 of 2,077
As far as I know the EU regulation do not apply to earphones and headphones (for now) but only to PMP (personal music players).
So not sure that the H95 has a volume cap;

Yes, I explaining the same before in post #60.

If you listening with h95 in max volume you causing hearing damage soon, specially with pop and rock albums from 1990s until today. But this is true too with many, many, many albums from 60s 70s and 80s.

Sep 5, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #94 of 2,077
Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 (my opinion):

Positive aspects:
Yes, I explaining the same before in post #60.

If you listening with h95 in max volume you causing hearing damage soon, specially with pop and rock albums from 1990s until today. But this is true too with many, many, many albums from 60s 70s and 80s.

On my H95 unit (bought in Europe) the sound from Bluetooth is indeed very low. When using wired mode the volume is quite different.
This same situation applies to other headphones that I tested: Dali iO6, B&W Px7 and Master & Dynamic MW07+
Differently my unit of Master & Dynamic MW60 has a decent volume (both via Bluetooth and wired).

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #96 of 2,077
On my H95 unit (bought in Europe) the sound from Bluetooth is indeed very low. When using wired mode the volume is quite different.
This same situation applies to other headphones that I tested: Dali iO6, B&W Px7 and Master & Dynamic MW07+
Differently my unit of Master & Dynamic MW60 has a decent volume (both via Bluetooth and wired).

In post #2 you can looking at list of 35 (anc) wireless headphones and earphones I owning now and in the past. I buying all in Europe but the volume limiter law is NOT for headphones or earphones, only for DAPs.

I only having volume problems with mw65 and with one or 2 models of h9.
I have with me mw07 plus and isn’t problem at all with volume.

Sep 6, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #97 of 2,077
In post #2 you can looking at list of 35 (anc) wireless headphones and earphones I owning now and in the past. I buying all in Europe but the volume limiter law is NOT for headphones or earphones, only for DAPs.

I only having volume problems with mw65 and with one or 2 models of h9.
I have with me mw07 plus and isn’t problem at all with volume.

My statement is to reaffirm that both the new B&O H95 and the ones I have listed have a very low volume when compared to the M&D MW60 (in Bluetooth pairing).
Probably the understanding of low volume has different levels according to people and their musical tastes.
In any case, there is a significant number of people in various forums who report this problem, either with DAPs or with Headphones (via Bluetooth).
I reported the low volume to Dali (because of the iO6 headphones) and they admitted that they were following EU regulations (and were investigating an alternative solution that would allow the user to choose).

Sep 6, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #98 of 2,077
My statement is to reaffirm that both the new B&O H95 and the ones I have listed have a very low volume when compared to the M&D MW60 (in Bluetooth pairing).
Probably the understanding of low volume has different levels according to people and their musical tastes.
In any case, there is a significant number of people in various forums who report this problem, either with DAPs or with Headphones (via Bluetooth).
I reported the low volume to Dali (because of the iO6 headphones) and they admitted that they were following EU regulations (and were investigating an alternative solution that would allow the user to choose).

I repeating what I saying only 5 posts above (post #92):

If you listening with h95 in max volume you causing hearing damage soon, specially with pop and rock albums from 1990s until today. But this is true too with many, many, many albums from 60s 70s and 80s

Sep 6, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #99 of 2,077
I repeating what I saying only 5 posts above (post #92):

If you listening with h95 in max volume you causing hearing damage soon, specially with pop and rock albums from 1990s until today. But this is true too with many, many, many albums from 60s 70s and 80s

And I must repeat what I said before (post #97); the new Beoplay H95 has a very low volume in Bluetooth pairing mode (my experience with Jazz music)

Sep 6, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #100 of 2,077
And I must repeat what I said before (post #97); the new Beoplay H95 has a very low volume in Bluetooth pairing mode (my experience with Jazz music)

I don’t having volume problem with jazz or classical music with h95. With many jazz albums in max volume you having hearing damage soon.

Sep 6, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #102 of 2,077
It seems that your unit of H95 is way different from mine (regarding sound volume). Perhaps B&O quality control is not what would be expected...

This is very improbable.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #103 of 2,077
It seems that your unit of H95 is way different from mine (regarding sound volume). Perhaps B&O quality control is not what would be expected...
This is very improbable.

What if both of you install a decibel meter app on your Smartphone play same song on Spotify etc. at 50% volume and test it again at full volume while holding the phone close to the earcup? I understand this test may not provide exact results due to variations in tests such as smartphone make/model etc. but should see SOME difference imo.

Sep 6, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #105 of 2,077
My recommendation: DO NOT buy B&O H95 if you intend to use with Bluetooth (APTX implementation very weak...)

You seem very critical of the H95 :k701smile:

What to you mean by "APTX implementation very weak"?

The H95 has aptX Adaptive implemented.
I would think that Bang & Olufsen would have followed the codec specification when implementing it so I would say it's white or black, it works or it does not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back