NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Sep 8, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #168 of 2,077
The sound is impressive. Sub-bass is punchy, robust and defined. Mids are crystal clear and nothing to be sniffed at. The treble is lacking a little bit, but I will forgive that given that there is absolutely no sibilance. They play a range of genres well, which should be important in portables. Further to this, although it’s not perfect, you can adjust the tonality of the H95 with the app, where I have a mild preference for warmth.

Do they sound as good as a pair of high end Grado’s or the Focal Stella, hell no, but in this field, they prevail. Yes they only have Aptx, but when you are walking around or on a train are you going to notice the difference between 44.1 and 96? Doubtful.

I want commenting 2 aspects you mentioning (I putting in bold letters in your post):

I think we having almost identical opinion of the sound of h95, including your comment of "no sibilance" which I sharing with you 100%. But I want adding that even if treble is maybe "lacking a little bit", and I agree that is only a little bit, the tonality, or the timbre for me is excellent. The quality of sound of cymbals I finding so good with exquisite realistic delay, a sound that is very, very natural.

The other aspect is I want speaking about is your comment about "44.1 and 96". When the recording/master of the music is exactly the same, 44.1 is covering more than the human ears can hearing. Even with files that are compressed vs files of WAV/ CD quality, in blind tests the very big majority of the people can't hearing difference, and this is even with more low compression than 320 kbps files. I think this h95 isn't only good for portable occasions but is very good too for using at home. Like you saying, better headphones with dac and amp and more exact/correct/flat frequency response? Yes, of course is possible. But in my opinion the h95 isn't only a expensive or luxury headphone for the airplane, bus, train, street, office noise, etc.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #170 of 2,077
I have the Dali iO6, how do these compare?... are they worth getting if I already own the Dali?

I owning the io-6 before and but I must saying that I don't liking this headphone: is having peaky treble and bass isn't sufficient good performance, is lacking in parts, specially in low region very much. The shure sa50 is having similar sound than io-6 but is more correct in my opinion and I liking it very much. But I liking h95 more than io-6, sa50 and all other (anc) wireless headphones and earphones I hearing before.

If you really love very much the io-6, then maybe the h95 isn't good for you. You hearing more bass in h95, going low and deep and the treble isn't having the big peak I hearing in io-6 so maybe for you is sounding very warm/dark in comparison in that part of the spectrum.

Sep 9, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #171 of 2,077
I want commenting 2 aspects you mentioning (I putting in bold letters in your post):

I think we having almost identical opinion of the sound of h95, including your comment of "no sibilance" which I sharing with you 100%. But I want adding that even if treble is maybe "lacking a little bit", and I agree that is only a little bit, the tonality, or the timbre for me is excellent. The quality of sound of cymbals I finding so good with exquisite realistic delay, a sound that is very, very natural.

The other aspect is I want speaking about is your comment about "44.1 and 96". When the recording/master of the music is exactly the same, 44.1 is covering more than the human ears can hearing. Even with files that are compressed vs files of WAV/ CD quality, in blind tests the very big majority of the people can't hearing difference, and this is even with more low compression than 320 kbps files. I think this h95 isn't only good for portable occasions but is very good too for using at home. Like you saying, better headphones with dac and amp and more exact/correct/flat frequency response? Yes, of course is possible. But in my opinion the h95 isn't only a expensive or luxury headphone for the airplane, bus, train, street, office noise, etc.
I find that the way it is mastered is much more important than 44.1 vs 96.
Tidal masters (mqa 48 or 96) sound much better since less loudness wars type of sound.
If you convert them to 44.1 they still retain this quality.

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #172 of 2,077
I find that the way it is mastered is much more important than 44.1 vs 96.
Tidal masters (mqa 48 or 96) sound much better since less loudness wars type of sound.
If you convert them to 44.1 they still retain this quality.

This is why I saying specifically in my post "when the recording/master of the music is exactly the same". Tidal masters mqa will sounding better ONLY if they working with the original master so they can making a better master with better DR (dynamic range) and this isn't common. The better sound isn't because of hi-res format. A lot of Tidal mqa masters are same like not good DR album, or bad remasters, and only making high resolution but this is NOT producing better sound.

I saying in different thread that is better having "Mastered for iTunes" albums in 256kbps aac files than many hi-res Tidal/Amazon, etc albums. Mastered for iTunes albums working with original master tapes for removing the elements of "loudness wars", so this 256 aac files having better DR.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #173 of 2,077
This is why I saying specifically in my post "when the recording/master of the music is exactly the same". Tidal masters mqa will sounding better ONLY if they working with the original master so they can making a better master with better DR (dynamic range) and this isn't common. The better sound isn't because of hi-res format. A lot of Tidal mqa masters are same like not good DR album, or bad remasters, and only making high resolution but this is NOT producing better sound.

I saying in different thread that is better having "Mastered for iTunes" albums in 256kbps aac files than many hi-res Tidal/Amazon, etc albums. Mastered for iTunes albums working with original master tapes for removing the elements of "loudness wars", so this 256 aac files having better DR.
We totally agree 👍 (my words was to complement your view in your post.)
I don't have iTunes (or iphone) since I think ldac is the best wireless transfer (except for wifi transfer, but no hp support this as I know of).
I also noticed bigger difference between aptx and Ldac than 96 vs 44.1
At home I use Ldac codex on Mobius for my wireless hp listening (and lcd3f for cabled)
So I can't comment on mastered for itunes vs others.
Ldac support is the only thing I'm missing on the h95 specs. But the h95 would be used in office and on the go. So I could manage.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #174 of 2,077
I'm going to hate myself for this 😀.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200909-103424.jpg
    Screenshot_20200909-103424.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 0
Sep 9, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #177 of 2,077
Hello

I’m new to this place and actually found this forum for one reason: to get any info on BO H95 actual user experience reviews.
There is no way to try out the headphones my self as I’m an expat in Qatar and local BO store have no clue when they will receive testing sample or even product it self…

From reading the thread I do understand that generally the sound is good but I’m looking for the product that I can use for music and calls in the office as major… good ANC is very important to block surrounding noise …. I work in a noisy open space with a lot of conference calls though a day and listen music in between + much airplane travel (well the will be a lot again ones the world is recovered from COVID)

I would like to ask real users about they experience with calls indoor and outdoor, how do mics perform for the person on the other end of the line (both telephone and MS Teams/Skype calls)
And perhaps someone has experience and can compare BOH95 to Bose 700… only ask about Bose because of they microphone characteristics…

Any advice will be highly appreciated

Thank you
P.S. price is something I’m prepared for, just to have a well build item

Sep 9, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #178 of 2,077
Hello

I’m new to this place and actually found this forum for one reason: to get any info on BO H95 actual user experience reviews.
There is no way to try out the headphones my self as I’m an expat in Qatar and local BO store have no clue when they will receive testing sample or even product it self…

From reading the thread I do understand that generally the sound is good but I’m looking for the product that I can use for music and calls in the office as major… good ANC is very important to block surrounding noise …. I work in a noisy open space with a lot of conference calls though a day and listen music in between + much airplane travel (well the will be a lot again ones the world is recovered from COVID)

I would like to ask real users about they experience with calls indoor and outdoor, how do mics perform for the person on the other end of the line (both telephone and MS Teams/Skype calls)
And perhaps someone has experience and can compare BOH95 to Bose 700… only ask about Bose because of they microphone characteristics…

Any advice will be highly appreciated

Thank you
P.S. price is something I’m prepared for, just to have a well build item

Hello AlexKoss.

The short answer is I think in YOUR situation bose nc700 is better. I owning before and remember this headphone very well.

The more long answer is this. The h95 is excellent for telephone calls, but I only trying indoors, I using with normal mobile line and with WhatsApp and Skype calls. And I know that if ambient mode is on (this is always automatic on what you making a call) and is wind around you, you will hearing the wind and maybe the other person too. NC700, in contrast, is blocking background noise in fantastic way. Your own voice, when using the call feature, is sounding more natural with nc700 too than with h95.

Anc is very good in both headphones. I can't remember exactly nc700 in comparison with h95, but bose is always excellent in this area. H95 I can telling you that is very. very good too with anc, maybe similar good with nc700 but I can't comparing directly now. But I comparing with sony xm3 that is maybe king of anc and h95 isn't so good but isn't far from xm3.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #179 of 2,077
I want speaking about drivers (the speaker of the headphones):

Is interesting that b&o don't using a more big driver for h95. The normal size for a long time in wireless headphones is 40mm, but sennheiser going from 40mm to 43mm with momentum 3 and recent shure sa50 is using 50mm.

All the companies using fancy terminology for marketing principally, in my opinion, including b&o. B&O saying the h95 having "Electro-dynamic Titanium Driver w/ Neodymium magnets". Is this driver better quality than the drivers they using before? I don't know, but I know sufficiently that the tonal balance, the quality of reproduction, and how clean is the sound, is clearly better. Is this because of new driver type or because b&o tuning better the h95 this time? I don't know, maybe one of the two options, or both.

No frequency response graphs available now for h95, but I trusting my ears that saying this headphone is sounding really very, very good. Like I saying before, maybe a dip here and little peak here in a graph, but this peaks and dippings aren't severe, and the elevation in the bass is, for me, very, very correct in a way that isn't affecting the mids but is helping transmit more realistic low end reproduction. Is mayne little more close with harman target curve or in the middle of harman and diffuse field target curves. For me isn't important now where exactly is this curve, because I recognising very good sound what I hearing this.

I saying before when comparing the dali io-6 and h95 that someone loving very much io-6 maybe hearing h95 very warm or dark. BUT this is more because in my opinion the io-6 is having big, or strong, peak in treble region that resulting in exaggeration of details in high frequency, and this is sounding unnatural.

For me the h95 is very resolving headphone. this is very clear. Is common in headphones enhancing the treble for making people believing is more detail, more hi-fi sound, and even b&o with h9 and h8 models having this problem (I always needing putting treble down!). The h95 isn't having this problem. This is a headphone that is reproducing sound in very natural way, and in my opinion this is very mature correct sound, isn't sounding dark or warm, or at least isn't warm or dark in a way that is masking the details necessary for sufficient good audio reproduction. H95 isn't perfect, no, but is so good, really so good headphone in the way is reproducing music that my big surprise with this product continuing today. Beautiful sound really, for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back