NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Sep 4, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #61 of 2,077
I forgetting one thing. I remember perfectly the first model of h9 is having this volume problem. I can't remember perfectly for the h9i and h9 3g but I think b&o improving this problem with the 2 models or at least the h9 3g.

Sep 4, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #62 of 2,077
This isn't true. The b&o h8 is more loud than h9 and is similar in the volume with h95. I having problems with low volume with h9, not with h8 or h95.

B&W, a UK company (part of the European Union (EU)) making the p7 wireless and this headphone is going EXTREMELY loud. And recent px7 is very loud too. Momentum 3 is very, very loud but less than p7 wirelsss and px7.

The information I knowing for the EU law is that volume limiter is only for DAPs (digital audio players) and not for headphones and earphones. iPods and sony players in EU are terrible low volume. The iPhone isn't because is a mobile phone not DAP.

Master & Dynamic, American company making mw65 headphone. The volume is even more bad than h9 or similar, and American customers complaining of this aspect too.

With "quieter and more dynamic" recordings the h8 and h95 is going loud or VERY loud. And with majority of this recordings in full volume you going deaf quickly.
Awesome, I am happy to learn of this. It was such a shame when I kept reading impressions from people who owned the various B&O wireless headphones all complaining about the low output level. Now when you say loud that might mean a very different thing to you than it does to me. I had the P7W on almost full volume as well to give you an idea.

Sep 4, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #63 of 2,077
I had the P7W on almost full volume as well to give you an idea.

I don't knowing how much time you owning p7w but b&w doing firmware update some months after releasing for fixing problem with volume (the more low setting you can hearing music). I don't thinking is update after that.

I really don't wanting sounding disrespectful but if you listening to p7w (with early firmware update) and you listening still full volume, then I thinking you have problem with your hearing (medical). I insisting this isn't disrespectful. I can listening NEVER to p7w close with full volume even if I'm 'rocking out' very happy.

So, for you, if you're thinking about buying the h95, I really telling to you that you making sure you can returning this headphone because maybe the volume for YOU is a problem still.

I don't think I hearing a more loud (anc) wireless headphone or earphone than p7w and I hearing more than 35 (look post #2 for the list).

I mentioning the m&d mw65 headphone with volume problems. I forgetting saying that the mw07 Plus (earphones) by the same company is many more loud.

Sep 4, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #64 of 2,077
I don't charging the h95 when I receiving because I'm very excited and can't waiting (first time I doing this!). The headphone is coming with 54% battery from the factory. I listening 2-3 hrs of music and comparing with p7w, doing testing with anc, ambient mode and telephone calls too.

After that I charging fully and this time I only using without anc or ambient mode on, but I having 2 calls maybe of 20 minutes total today too. I'm writing the exact times I'm using with the first full charge. Right now is 11h 30m and the battery in the app is saying I having still 79%. So maybe the 50 hours with only BT is real. If this is true, this is very impressive. The volume is average of 60-65%

I will reporting when the first full charge is finish completely. After that I planning new full charge and then charging again when I having 30-40% because isn't good draining battery always.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #65 of 2,077
Not sure if it has been mentioned before.. But can the H95 be used with the 3.5mm cable in full passive mode? With everything switched off / with empty battery?

And can the H95 be connected to a PC using the H95's internal DAC?

Sep 4, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #66 of 2,077
Not sure if it has been mentioned before.. But can the H95 be used with the 3.5mm cable in full passive mode? With everything switched off / with empty battery?

And can the H95 be connected to a PC using the H95's internal DAC?

No. Is necessary having the headphone on with the 3.5mm cable and with the USB cable too. The volume in my MacBook Pro is different when using BT only or 3.5mm cable. With 3.5mm cable you can only controlling volume from headphone (not next/previous track on ear pad). With USB cable you having same volume as with BT only and can controlling the volume and next/previous track from headphone.

Sep 4, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #67 of 2,077
After 19 hours with only BT I having 71% battery showing in the app.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #69 of 2,077
You must have the headphone on to use it with the 3.5 mm cable but you do not need to have the USB cable too I suppose.
That's what I understand from p. 13 of the quick start guide that can be downloaded here (and the user guide here )

You need having the headphone on with the 3.5mm cable or with the USB cable.The USB cable isn't necessary if only using the 3.5 mm cable. Or I don't understanding your question/clarification?

Sep 4, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #70 of 2,077
You need having the headphone on with the 3.5mm cable or with the USB cable.The USB cable isn't necessary if only using the 3.5 mm cable. Or I don't understanding your question/clarification?

You mean that you could for example connect the H95 to the USB out of a DAP instead of using BT or 3.5 mm ?

Sep 4, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #71 of 2,077
You mean that you could for example connect the H95 to the USB out of a DAP instead of using BT or 3.5 mm ?

Ok, only testing with my MacBook pro. You needing BT connection with USB cable AND headphone on, if not isn't working at all. With 3.5mm cable isn't necessary BT connection, but headphone must be on, if not isn't working.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #73 of 2,077
And apparently no way to completely passively drive the H95 from a DAP bypassing all internal electronics in the H95..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back