NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Oct 14, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #451 of 2,079
Done and done!

Thank you.

One thing that is strange for me from your post is the problem with the earpads detaching from the headphone when you taking the h95 out of the case. Maybe is because you're doing this quickly and often when travelling. My experience (at home only) is that when I putting the h95 in the case and taking out is perfect, meaning I don't having problems at all with earpads detaching. I hope you knowing already that is important extending the arms of the headphone to maximum position when you putting in the case for correct storing.

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #452 of 2,079
Thank you.

One thing that is strange for me from your post is the problem with the earpads detaching from the headphone when you taking the h95 out of the case. Maybe is because you're doing this quickly and often when travelling. My experience (at home only) is that when I putting the h95 in the case and taking out is perfect, meaning I don't having problems at all with earpads detaching. I hope you knowing already that is important extending the arms of the headphone to maximum position when you putting in the case for correct storing.
Seconded. Never once had an issue with the ear pads detaching. In fact it requires some force to remove them on mine, so no idea how they’d easily come off when removing from the case. Bizarre!

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #453 of 2,079
I have a couple questions on H95. Do these have APTX? I know these have APTX adaptive and support APTX HD, but wanted to be sure they support regular APTX as well.

Also, does the ANC remain ON when you are answering phone calls?

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #454 of 2,079
Seconded. Never once had an issue with the ear pads detaching. In fact it requires some force to remove them on mine, so no idea how they’d easily come off when removing from the case. Bizarre!

Same here. Only time my ear cups have come off, is when I consciously took them off myself, to see how easy they are to remove. You’ll need considerable force for them to be falling off, I reckon?

Oct 14, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #455 of 2,079
I have a couple questions on H95. Do these have APTX? I know these have APTX adaptive and support APTX HD, but wanted to be sure they support regular APTX as well.

Also, does the ANC remain ON when you are answering phone calls?

Question 1. Aptx adaptive will giving you the benefits of normal apt-x and apt-x hd. So, the answer is yes.
Question 2. No. When you're calling or receiving a telephone call the h95 automatically going in ambient mode so you can hearing your own voice more naturally and not in vacuum. You don't having the option of turning anc on while you're using the phone, is always ambient mode on.

Oct 14, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #456 of 2,079
Thank you.

You are absolutely right. I put them in contracted. That was my mistake. It’s better now, thank you.
But still I think that I don’t need to apply much force to detach them. After all it’s just two small magnets holding them in place. Or so it seems since these are visible.

Oct 14, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #457 of 2,079
Question 1. Aptx adaptive will giving you the benefits of normal apt-x and apt-x hd. So, the answer is yes.
Question 2. No. When you're calling or receiving a telephone call the h95 automatically going in ambient mode so you can hearing your own voice more naturally and not in vacuum. You don't having the option of turning anc on while you're using the phone, is always ambient mode on.

Thanks! The headphone looks great, was ready to buy but seems the black color is out of stock on their site.

I wish they had allowed a "Sidetone" toggle to turn ANC ON/OFF during calls which they can implement in a future firmware upgrade I guess. And also I wish they implement a "Mute" function in a firmware update and map it to the voice assistant key. I will send them this feedback as I think those changes will make this headphone perfect for me at least!!

Oct 15, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #458 of 2,079
You are absolutely right. I put them in contracted. That was my mistake. It’s better now, thank you.
But still I think that I don’t need to apply much force to detach them. After all it’s just two small magnets holding them in place. Or so it seems since these are visible.

I think you must editing your post again and take out the part about the earpads problem.

Yes, I'm agree little more resistance is preferable (like p7 wireless), but at the same time I don't think this is a problem with the present design, with the correct positioning of the h9 in the case.

Thanks! The headphone looks great, was ready to buy but seems the black color is out of stock on their site.

I can see the black model is in stock now.

Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 09.12.24.png

Oct 15, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #459 of 2,079
In love with the H95.

ANC not as strong as in other sets: fact. < Better this way, I hate strong ANC pressure.
Pads should require more strenght to detach: fact. < Never had them coming off while (carefully) handling them. Means something.
Mids are slightly "boxy" being used to pinna-gain "V-shaped" high-end IEMs: fact. < A balanced yet consistent, relaxed yet precise signature I enjoy, with soundstage and fullness to spare for a closed-back set.

My heart fills with joy when I look at these 'phones while folded in their box before picking them, and the joy endures when I wear them - a comfort which is rare in its own - and keeps up when I turn 'em on and play music.

Worth 800€? Probably not... Worth 800€? Yes, absolutely!
If you get what I mean... Just look at them!

BOshop05-smll.jpg
BOH95-smll.jpg

At the shop before pickup and at home :heart_eyes: Sexiest cans around.

Oct 15, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #460 of 2,079
A lot of comments re the strength of the magnets holding the earpads. I have two sets of phones with this feature, the Master & Dynamic MH40 and the B&W PX. The MH40's pads will come off fairly easily but they're not a problem as long as you don't handle them by the earpads. The PX's pads on the other hand need a significant pull to detach them. How do the H95s compare?

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #461 of 2,079
The MH40's pads will come off fairly easily but they're not a problem as long as you don't handle them by the earpads. The PX's pads on the other hand need a significant pull to detach them. How do the H95s compare?
Hello, Mikki!
Whoa there! The MW65 are a pair I've been truly tempted to buy every now and then in recent times. A beautiful set!
Nowhere to try a pair around here, so I've never pulled the trigger on it, also because I had a little doubt or two about both sound and comfort.
Can't compare the MW65 with the H95 then, sorry.

Yet, it looks like we share a taste for beautiful wireless headphones, mane! I also own the B&W PX, which I still regard as a wonderful set.
I think the H95 are in a different league _throughout_ though. Maybe not in the "double the price" league, but still up there when compared to the PX.
As for the H95 earpads, it sounds like the force one needs to apply to detach them is similar to the one in the MW65, according to your description.
I have no mechanical testing gear with me, but I'm a sensitive Libra and we're good at empirical physics. =) I'd say you need half the force than with the "Pixies".

Now all in all, my idea after a week of (admittedly light) use is that the _only_ concern one should have before boarding on the H95 luxury train is the one about whether you need an absolute noise slasher, or a beautiful, comfy and good-sounding commuter...
Oh, and the price of course. Almost forgot while wearing them right now.

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #462 of 2,079
Oct 15, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #463 of 2,079
Hello, Mikki!
Whoa there! The MW65 are a pair I've been truly tempted to buy every now and then in recent times. A beautiful set!
Nowhere to try a pair around here, so I've never pulled the trigger on it, also because I had a little doubt or two about both sound and comfort.

Yet, it looks like we share a taste for beautiful wireless headphones, mane! I also own the B&W PX, which I still regard as a wonderful set.
I think the H95 are in a different league _throughout_ though. Maybe not in the "double the price" league, but still up there when compared to the PX.
As for the H95 earpads, it sounds like the force one needs to apply to detach them is similar to the one in the MW65, according to your description.
I have no mechanical testing gear with me, but I'm a sensitive Libra and we're good at empirical physics. =) I'd say you need half the force than with the "Pixies".

Now all in all, my idea after a week of (admittedly light) use is that the _only_ concern one should have before boarding on the H95 luxury train is the one about whether you need an absolute noise slasher, or a beautiful, comfy and good-sounding commuter...

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #464 of 2,079
Hello, Mikki!

I actually don't have the mw65, I have the wired MH40, but very similar in construction. Got them from eBay for £60 (!!!!) in brand new condition. Don't think the seller knew their true value.

Oct 15, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #465 of 2,079
I actually don't have the mw65, I have the wired MH40
Uh. My bad, sorry... The MW65 don't even have detachable earpads now that I think of it and if I'm not mistaken!
See? That's what happens when you still have a clear picture of a beautiful pair of headphones in your brain: a "40" turns into a "65". =)

I don't see the H95's pads coming off without me wanting them to, at any time. They don't pop off if you only apply a downward/upward or side pressure with a single hand. This explains a lot. Most specifically that this is not an issue at all with these gems!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back