NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Oct 10, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #436 of 2,079
Is interesting you mentioning the fitting problem of the new ear cups for you with the h95 because for me I'm having problems with the round ear cups of the 3 h9 models and the h7 in the past. I'm always thinking when will b&o changing the shape of earcups like majority of manufacturers, because is more ergonomic and with natural shape of the human ears. They doing this with h95 (and I wearing glasses) and I don't having this problem anymore. so your situation is a surprise for me.

Edit: Oh, I see now you're mentioning the h8 (on ears) not h9 (over ears).

(By the way, I adding link of your impressions to post # 2 already)
Thank you! I think the shape is better than H9 (which I compared today). However when I wear it my ear seems to be a little longer and part of earlobe is under the cup (not inside). I didn’t manage to measure the size, can you help with the internal size of the cup? Just need to confirm if it’s because of wrong wearing or it just doesn’t fit me. HD660S is slightly larger but I can still feel the cup around.

Oct 10, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #437 of 2,079
I didn’t manage to measure the size, can you help with the internal size of the cup? Just need to confirm if it’s because of wrong wearing or it just doesn’t fit me. HD660S is slightly larger but I can still feel the cup around.

Here:

Screenshot_2020-09-05_at_13.36.34.png

Oct 10, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #440 of 2,079
Another thing: I have got the grey mist version, while I like the colour very much but I’m not sure if it will last. Has anybody also got the silver version? Does it still look good? :)
I have a grey one! But I bought it just a few days ago. :) I like the color much more than black. And I don't like anodized aluminium — my previous experience with silver H6 showed that raw metal much more scratch-resistant than black-anodized surface. I also mentioned that volume control ring rolls twice harder than transparency control ring. Is it normal?

Oct 10, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #441 of 2,079
I have a grey one! But I bought it just a few days ago. :) I like the color much more than black. And I don't like anodized aluminium — my previous experience with silver H6 showed that raw metal much more scratch-resistant than black-anodized surface. I also mentioned that volume control ring rolls twice harder than transparency control ring. Is it normal?
Hi I also like the raw aluminium better, but I'm more worried about the fabric turns into other colour after months usage, it's nearly white!! Ear pads are replaceable so not a big deal.

Oct 11, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #444 of 2,079
I've had the grey one for a week and the headband is already showing signs of wear. Probably sweat marks or something and I doubt I will be able to clean it.
Geese! That was _precisely_ my only concern about the grey H95 set I promised I'd pick up tomorrow at the store?!
Mane! Don't chop me down just like that! There's gotta be a way to keep it clean and tidy! :triportsad:

Edit: As a second thought... Wear would be devastating: the premium build didn't ring that deadly bell when I tried them. Cleaning the grey fabric in the headband might be achievable, but _WEAR_ after two weeks?!
Really? With a Norwegian holy care for those precious cans??? That'd turn Mist(ic) Black - with a missing quarter panel - in two days down right here!
:mumble:

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #445 of 2,079
Hi Guys, quick question about charging : I charge it for the first time yesterday (battery really last very long) and in the manual it's stated that the headphone is charged when light is solid green. Mine when it went green it didn't stay solid green; it's like solid green for 4 seconds then flashing orange for 4 seconds; solid green, flashing orange and so on... tried with 2 different chargers. Does yours stay solid green ?
Thanks

Oct 12, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #446 of 2,079
Hi Guys, quick question about charging : I charge it for the first time yesterday (battery really last very long) and in the manual it's stated that the headphone is charged when light is solid green. Mine when it went green it didn't stay solid green; it's like solid green for 4 seconds then flashing orange for 4 seconds; solid green, flashing orange and so on... tried with 2 different chargers. Does yours stay solid green ?
Thanks

Is the same situation with my pair. You will noticing that if you charging little more time, maybe 10-15 minutes, the green light is solid more time than orange.

Oct 14, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #447 of 2,079
I tried the H95 on a flight within Europe. While in the air I compared the ANC with my daughter’s old Bose QC35 and I must say, that the H95’s ANC is noticeable worse than the QC35’s. So there’s room for improvement for B&O.

What drives me nuts are the detachable ear pads. They fell off way too often. It seems I’m not able to get the H95 out of its case without at least one pad coming off. I’m now thinking it was a really stupid design decision on B&O’s behalf.

For travelling on a plane I will use my Sony XM4 in the future. Also because the case is smaller and lighter.

Sound-wise and design-wise the H95 are in a league of their own and I really, really enjoy them at home. But not so on the go.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #448 of 2,079
Ok I decided to sell my h95 for two reasons 1) I have very big ears and the ear pads are too small for me 2) I’d invest in a easy to drive audiophile headphone, and today I heard HiFiman Ananda connected to my iPad which blew me out of space. I still think H95 is probably best sounding anc by headphone, but it is not comparable to HD660s or Sundara/Ananda in terms of sq. so if you’re seeking the best sq look elsewhere. But if to want combination of good sq with great convenience h95 won’t let you down.

Oct 14, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #449 of 2,079
I tried the H95 on a flight within Europe. While in the air I compared the ANC with my daughter’s old Bose QC35 and I must say, that the H95’s ANC is noticeable worse than the QC35’s. So there’s room for improvement for B&O.

What drives me nuts are the detachable ear pads. They fell off way too often. It seems I’m not able to get the H95 out of its case without at least one pad coming off. I’m now thinking it was a really stupid design decision on B&O’s behalf.

For travelling on a plane I will use my Sony XM4 in the future. Also because the case is smaller and lighter.

Sound-wise and design-wise the H95 are in a league of their own and I really, really enjoy them at home. But not so on the go.

Hello tonitorpedo.

Can you please editing your original post (that I linking to post #2 in this thread), and in the bottom of the post maybe write "Edit after one month" and then copy your new post? This way the people that looking for impressions / reviews in this thread can reading your negative experience too.

Oct 14, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #450 of 2,079
Hello tonitorpedo.

Can you please editing your original post (that I linking to post #2 in this thread), and in the bottom of the post maybe write "Edit after one month" and then copy your new post? This way the people that looking for impressions / reviews in this thread can reading your negative experience too.

Done and done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back