NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Oct 9, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #422 of 2,079
Another option DSC_1068.JPG

Oct 9, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #423 of 2,079
I'm using my ears instead😉
No...still can't imagine

Well, your ears making you writing in the px7 thread repeatedly than the px7 is having the best sound in the world. When I buying px7 and I'm not agreeing with you, you insisting you're correct. Later the graphs proving px7 isn't very good sound.

Similar thing happening later with dali io-6 thread, a headphone I don't liking either and you saying is better than everything. Later the graphs showing...

Maybe imagining is better for you than is using your ears.

Oct 9, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #424 of 2,079
Well, your ears making you writing in the px7 thread repeatedly than the px7 is having the best sound in the world. When I buying px7 and I'm not agreeing with you, you insisting you're correct. Later the graphs proving px7 isn't very good sound.

Similar thing happening later with dali io-6 thread, a headphone I don't liking either and you saying is better than everything. Later the graphs showing...

Maybe imagining is better for you than is using your ears.
Still doesn't justify 700 for these tho.
None of the anc are great purely as headphones and that's my point, other factors are into play here like usability comfort call quality.
Price is a major factor therefore as the other cans mentioned are way cheaper and sound good for the money, the H95 are better, but not that much better to me

Oct 9, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #425 of 2,079
Still doesn't justify 700 for these tho.

Is not good justification for YOU, and maybe others, but obviously not for everybody. You making generalisations that are wrong and subtly insulting people that paying this price too.

None of the anc are great purely as headphones and that's my point, other factors are into play here like usability comfort call quality.

I'm not agree about your comment of "None of the anc are great purely as headphones and that's my point" -- this is other typical generalisation, but I will not discussing this now because I making many comments before about hi-res / bit rates, burn-in, amps, DACs, cables, wired earphones / headphones.

Price is a major factor therefore as the other cans mentioned are way cheaper and sound good for the money, the H95 are better, but not that much better to me

"sound good for the money" is again a generalisation. Yes, sound good for average consumer maybe, in that case even 400 euros is crazy! 20 - 50 euros headphones or earphones are great in that case.

"the H95 are better, but not that much better to me" --- Well, this time you saying "to me" at least. For me, and I explaining this before in this thread, the h95 is expensive, yes, obviously, but for someone like me (independently of if I'm rich or not), the price is acceptable, for several reasons that adding each one making me not regretting this expensive purchase.

Oct 9, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #426 of 2,079
Regarding price just want to point out that B&O’s suggested retail price will go down over time. Take H9 3rd generation for example, you can get it for 60% of original retail price (at least here in Denmark). I got my H95 also with a good price but in colour silver, so I’m still thinking if I should keep them.

Oct 9, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #428 of 2,079
Hello,

sorry for my bad English, I'm Rael from Germany. First of all I am very glad to have found this thread, because I have talked about my experience with the H95 in the German Hifi-Forum, but there were no replies at all. So I have read all the 29 pages here to get some information and I will share my information about the H95 with you.

My first ANC headphone was the KEF Space One Wireless. I was very pleased with this headphone, very good material quality and great sound. But if you have one headphone, you want to check others for comparing with yours. So I first tried the Bose QC 35ii, but the ANC was to much for me, like a little pressure on the ears. The material quality was ok, but not as good as the Space One Wireless. Same with the Sony 1000 XM3, material ok, but I didn't like the sound very much, too much bass. I have also tried the Amiron Wireless, also great sound, but they didn't fit with my head, too loosely. After that I tried the B&O H9i and bought them. In my opinion they sounded better than the KEF.

So everything was fine until a few weeks ago, when I saw a commercial about the Beoplay H95. Nearly 800 Euro was a very high price, but I ordered them two weeks ago. And I was not disappointed. The material quality is fantastic, even better as the H9i, for example the headband is much softer. For me the H95 fits perfect with my head and my ears. I like the oval ear cups much more than the round ones. The H95 is like a tailored suit. No wiggling, when I shake my head. Feels very good also after hours of listening.

I like the operation with two wheels for volume and ANC very much. With the H9i I often had the problem that I paused the music when trying to adjust the volume by the touch pad. But there are two things where the H9i is much more user-friendly than the H95. First the H9i stops the music when you put them off. For me not a necessary but a very nice feature.

The other thing is that when you swipe on the touchpad from the bottom to the top than the music stops and the H9i went into transparency mode so I could hear what my wife said to me. Swiping again music plays further. I liked this feature very much, because I could fast react, when my wife starts talking with me. The H95 did not have this feature, you can use the left wheel for transparency mode, but the music did not stop.

Now the for me most important thing: the sound. First I can't figure out any difference in sound when using ANC or transparency mode with the H95, very good job. The H9i sounds different with ANC on respectively off. The Sound at all: It is always a subjective thing, but for me the H95 is more sovereign and more precise, although a bit more voluminous. I have the feeling that I hear the single instruments more exactly. Its very difficult for me to subscribe these things in a for me foreign language. The whole package is more consistent for me. I heard different music genres and they all sound very good on the H95.

just edited "threat" to "thread".:)

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #429 of 2,079
Hello,

sorry for my bad English, I'm Rael from Germany. First of all I am very glad to have found this thread, because I have talked about my experience with the H95 in the German Hifi-Forum, but there were no replies at all. So I have read all the 29 pages here to get some information and I will share my information about the H95 with you. My first ANC headphone was the KEF Space One Wireless. I was very pleased with this headphone, very good material quality and great sound. But if you have one headphone, you want to check others for comparing with yours. So I first tried the Bose QC 35ii, but the ANC was to much for me, like a little pressure on the ears. The material quality was ok, but not as good as the Space One Wireless. Same with the Sony 1000 XM3, material ok, but I didn't like the sound very much, too much bass. I have also tried the Amiron Wireless, also great sound, but they didn't fit with my head, too loosely. After that I tried the B&O H9i and bought them. In my opinion they sounded better than the KEF. So everything was fine until a few weeks ago, when I saw a commercial about the Beoplay H95. Nearly 800 Euro was a very high price, but I ordered them two weeks ago. And I was not disappointed. The material quality is fantastic, even better as the H9i, for example the headband is much softer. For me the H95 fits perfect with my head and my ears. I like the oval ear cups much more than the round ones. The H95 is like a tailored suit. No wiggling, when I shake my head. Feels very good also after hours of listening. I like the operation with two wheels for volume and ANC very much. With the H9i I often had the problem that I paused the music when trying to adjust the volume by the touch pad. But there are two things where the H9i is much more user-friendly than the H95. First the H9i stops the music when you put them off. For me not a necessary but a very nice feature. The other thing is that when you swipe on the touchpad from the bottom to the top than the music stops and the H9i went into transparency mode so I could hear what my wife said to me. Swiping again music plays further. I liked this feature very much, because I could fast react, when my wife starts talking with me. The H95 did not have this feature, you can use the left wheel for transparency mode, but the music did not stop. Now the for me most important thing: the sound. First I can't figure out any difference in sound when using ANC or transparency mode with the H95, very good job. The H9i sounds different with ANC on respectively off. The Sound at all: It is always a subjective thing, but for me the H95 is more sovereign and more precise, although a bit more voluminous. I have the feeling that I hear the single instruments more exactly. Its very difficult for me to subscribe these things in a for me foreign language. The whole package is more consistent for me. I heard different music genres and they all sound very good on the H95.

Hello rael67.

Thank you for your impressions. PLEASE edit your post because is only one paragraph and is difficult for reading. Maybe you wanting copying and pasting this so I can adding a link of your impressions to post # 2:

Hello,

sorry for my bad English, I'm Rael from Germany. First of all I am very glad to have found this thread, because I have talked about my experience with the H95 in the German Hifi-Forum, but there were no replies at all. So I have read all the 29 pages here to get some information and I will share my information about the H95 with you.

My first ANC headphone was the KEF Space One Wireless. I was very pleased with this headphone, very good material quality and great sound. But if you have one headphone, you want to check others for comparing with yours. So I first tried the Bose QC 35ii, but the ANC was to much for me, like a little pressure on the ears. The material quality was ok, but not as good as the Space One Wireless. Same with the Sony 1000 XM3, material ok, but I didn't like the sound very much, too much bass. I have also tried the Amiron Wireless, also great sound, but they didn't fit with my head, too loosely. After that I tried the B&O H9i and bought them. In my opinion they sounded better than the KEF.

So everything was fine until a few weeks ago, when I saw a commercial about the Beoplay H95. Nearly 800 Euro was a very high price, but I ordered them two weeks ago. And I was not disappointed. The material quality is fantastic, even better as the H9i, for example the headband is much softer. For me the H95 fits perfect with my head and my ears. I like the oval ear cups much more than the round ones. The H95 is like a tailored suit. No wiggling, when I shake my head. Feels very good also after hours of listening.

I like the operation with two wheels for volume and ANC very much. With the H9i I often had the problem that I paused the music when trying to adjust the volume by the touch pad. But there are two things where the H9i is much more user-friendly than the H95. First the H9i stops the music when you put them off. For me not a necessary but a very nice feature.

The other thing is that when you swipe on the touchpad from the bottom to the top than the music stops and the H9i went into transparency mode so I could hear what my wife said to me. Swiping again music plays further. I liked this feature very much, because I could fast react, when my wife starts talking with me. The H95 did not have this feature, you can use the left wheel for transparency mode, but the music did not stop.

Now the for me most important thing: the sound. First I can't figure out any difference in sound when using ANC or transparency mode with the H95, very good job. The H9i sounds different with ANC on respectively off. The Sound at all: It is always a subjective thing, but for me the H95 is more sovereign and more precise, although a bit more voluminous. I have the feeling that I hear the single instruments more exactly. Its very difficult for me to subscribe these things in a for me foreign language. The whole package is more consistent for me. I heard different music genres and they all sound very good on the H95.

just edited "threat" to "thread".:)

:)

Oct 9, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #430 of 2,079
Hello angelom,

I have edited my post. I hope it is better now. Feel free to add a Link. In one of your post, you mentioned the Fear Inoculum Album from Tool. I‘m a Great Tool fan and I love this Album very much.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #431 of 2,079
Hello angelom,

I have edited my post. I hope it is better now. Feel free to add a Link. In one of your post, you mentioned the Fear Inoculum Album from Tool. I‘m a Great Tool fan and I love this Album very much.

Thank you for editing your post. I already adding a link of your impressions to post # 2.

Fear Inoculum is an excellent album, and Tool is a great band with not only excellent music but superb musicianship, even if they releasing only 5 albums in 16 years -- is the quality of the music and the precise playing (and great singing voice) that is important, not the number of albums. (but is pity Tool taking a long, long, long time for releasing their last album)

I like the operation with two wheels for volume and ANC very much. With the H9i I often had the problem that I paused the music when trying to adjust the volume by the touch pad.

Yes, this is important frustrating problem of h9 & h9i. H9 3rd gen isn't so bad because they making the volume feature better, but isn't ideal still.

But there are two things where the H9i is much more user-friendly than the H95. First the H9i stops the music when you put them off. For me not a necessary but a very nice feature.

Yes, this is nice feature, but, like you saying, isn't really necessary, I think we are spoilt sometimes when we wanting some features. In this case a quick pause touch and taking off is sufficient, I think.

This feature is more important / useful in real life, I think, and I remember I liking this feature very much too in the 3 h9 models I having before. Fortunately for me this feature isn't very necessary for me, but I using ambient mode frequently, and I like having different levels of transparency with the h95.

Now the for me most important thing: the sound. First I can't figure out any difference in sound when using ANC or transparency mode with the H95, very good job.

This is definitely great aspect of the h95. If is a difference, is very, very minimal so that isn't making real difference like in other anc headphones.

Edit: I forgetting one important aspect:
The material quality is fantastic, even better as the H9i, for example the headband is much softer. For me the H95 fits perfect with my head and my ears. I like the oval ear cups much more than the round ones. The H95 is like a tailored suit. No wiggling, when I shake my head. Feels very good also after hours of listening.

This specific aspect I appreciating every day more and more. Yes, the round cups of previous h9 models (and h7) for me aren't good because I needing touching the top part of my ears always and putting inside the hole of the ear cups.

BUT the aspect I like more and more is how I can adjusting the ear cups very exactly with very small and easy movements and the ear cups not moving at all after that, this is both for up and down positioning or left and right movements, and I can hearing the difference in sound with this very small movements. And yes, I can 'rocking out' and the headband staying in place.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #432 of 2,079
Forgive my English. Today I tried the H95 and compared it with Sennheiser HD660S in the local hifi shop, I've tried multiple music types including pop, electric, jazz, classical, vocal. Below are my findings:
1) H95 sounds remarkable better than my H8. H8 has too much bass while H95 is more balanced
2) The sound stage is very good, not as good as open back but close (I was worried before I tried it out)
3) The ANC doesn't affect SQ much, not like H8 I hardly turn on ANC because it significantly reduces SQ
4) I find the ear cup not big enough for my ears. Not sure if anybody else have the issue?
5) With iPhone 11 Pro max I have to turn the volume to max to get enough sound - it might give problem to albums recorded with low db
6) The sound is more analytic comparing to the warm sound from HD660S. There is a slight emphasis on bass but not as bad as H8
7) I don't think it can replace an an audiophile headphone such as HD660S. I think HD660S sounds better in every way except for bass (the amount is right but it doesn't go deep as H95)
8) I’m not 100% happy with the sound of piano - maybe a preference thing. I listened to Horowitz rachmaninoff piano concerto no 3.
9) I don’t think high freq is harsh, it’s just right for me
10) Mid range is not as good as high freq and bass, it lacks clarity

So the question is, do I want to trade SQ for convenience? Audiophile headphones need amp and wires, they cannot be used everywhere and don't have ANC/call functions.
Maybe I'll keep H95 for convenience and add a planar such as HIFIMan Sundara as 2nd pair.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #433 of 2,079

So the question is, do I want to trade SQ for convenience? Audiophile headphones need amp and wires, they cannot be used everywhere and don't have ANC/call functions.
Maybe I'll keep H95 for convenience and add a planar such as HIFIMan Sundara as 2nd pair.

In the weeks I have had the H95 I have enjoyed much, much more music than I have in the past due to the H95's combination of convenience and sound quality. Had I been forced to deal with dap/dac/amp/wires/etc. I would not have listened to nearly as much music. I am not sure I can go back to wired phones again. Also, it switches seamlessly between my iPhone and my Surface Laptop 3, a feature I now truly appreciate.

Oct 10, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #434 of 2,079
In the weeks I have had the H95 I have enjoyed much, much more music than I have in the past due to the H95's combination of convenience and sound quality. Had I been forced to deal with dap/dac/amp/wires/etc. I would not have listened to nearly as much music. I am not sure I can go back to wired phones again. Also, it switches seamlessly between my iPhone and my Surface Laptop 3, a feature I now truly appreciate.
Good point! The only concern I have is the conform, as my ears are slightly larger than the ear cup and I wear glasses.

Oct 10, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #435 of 2,079
Good point! The only concern I have is the conform, as my ears are slightly larger than the ear cup and I wear glasses.

Is interesting you mentioning the fitting problem of the new ear cups for you with the h95 because for me I'm having problems with the round ear cups of the 3 h9 models and the h7 in the past. I'm always thinking when will b&o changing the shape of earcups like majority of manufacturers, because is more ergonomic and with natural shape of the human ears. They doing this with h95 (and I wearing glasses) and I don't having this problem anymore. so your situation is a surprise for me.

Edit: Oh, I see now you're mentioning the h8 (on ears) not h9 (over ears).

(By the way, I adding link of your impressions to post # 2 already)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back