NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Sep 14, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #241 of 2,077
Sep 14, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #242 of 2,077
Yeah I'm hoping this is your last post as well.

I'm sorry but who are you to decide which comments are genuine? You seem to be going out of your way to dig up comments from other sites/forums to prove what exactly?? That's some logical fallacy. This is a public forum and people can say whatever they want within forum guidelines.

Well I appreciate you starting this thread, but I'm more tired of your comments than anyone else's.

Even if you're right and he's trying to push his own personal agenda, how is that any different than all the BS marketing or user hype on the forum? So again, what are you trying to prove exactly?

How about you narrow your parameter and limit your OPINIONS to how you feel about the H95 and let others worry about their own opinions.

You don't need to judge comments for me. I can do that myself.

Wow! After your post and similar others I really wishing I don't starting this thread at all. And, no, believe me, I don't feeling like victim here, not at all. I thinking only that all this effort is completely pointless / useless and I feeling very stupid for that.

Sep 14, 2020 at 5:36 PM Post #243 of 2,077
Wow! After your post and similar others I really wishing I don't starting this thread at all. And, no, believe me, I don't feeling like victim here, not at all. I thinking only that all this effort is completely pointless / useless and I feeling very stupid for that.

Alright. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Please do continue w/ your H95 assessment/comparisons. I'm sure lots of members here are finding your impressions rather useful.

I'm just asking you to refrain from judging others.

Sep 14, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #244 of 2,077

Let people have their own opinion. Don't comment on every single point another person is saying. They don't have to share your every opinion and vice versa. Engaging in unnecessary arguments is the problem here and (obviously) not that you've started the thread or want to share information about the headphones. If somebody thinks that this is the worst headphone ever, so be it. You don't have to defend the headphones just because you love them. It doesn't matter if you agree or not or whether you think that the other is claiming some bs. Give us your opinion about the headphones as often as you like but I would suggest to concentrate more on that from now on and not so much on trying to convert others by collecting some random "reviews" on the Internet just to prove your own point :) That's all I will add regarding this side topic.

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #246 of 2,077
This is one of the most objective hobbies ever lol.

I wonder if these have a return policy....because I may just try these out someday. Idk.

The B&O website says 30 day free trial.

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #247 of 2,077

Please do not be discouraged. As soon as I can get to a B&O showroom, I will give the H95 a listen, and I am not sure I would have planned to do that without this thread.

Sep 14, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #248 of 2,077
I haven’t logged in to Head-Fi for a DECADE but have been reading your thread and figured I’d log in tonight to say thanks for creating this thread. Honestly, I noticed the same pattern of that negative set of comments popping up in the few places online with H95 impressions. I guess it was more amusing to me than anything. Anyways, things are kinda crazy in the world these days and most people are a bit more irritable than they might otherwise be— it’s probably not about the headphones so much.

For myself, I haven’t yet owned an over-the-ear set of wireless headphones; I still remember trying a pair of Bose headphones several years ago and being reminded of how awful they sounded over Bluetooth (so heavily compressed, I A/B tested with wired mode vs BT and BT sounded so bad— wish I could remember how long ago this was).

Last fall I finally tried the AirPods Pro (never tried original airpods because I assumed mediocre sound, they don’t fit my ears, and I prefer something more isolating / closed than those types of earphones). This provided me with a couple things: A) a decent set of actual wireless earphones— the freedom was great and it’s now something I’d like more of; and B) evidence of how much better wireless audio sounds now with current technologies than it did several years ago.

I’ve occasionally looked at B&O’s wireless headphones because I own some of their Beoplay H6 (actually bought 2 pairs— I have a gen 1, which are pretty decent to my ears, and then a gen 2 which have a sound that I really really enjoy. So, that sound quality / signature has kinda been the bar set for any wireless headphones in my future.

I may own a pair of H95 soon enough. I’ve been using the AirPods Pro for work meetings for the last 6 months working from home, and my ears are starting to complain about having earphones in so much... so I’ve been using my H6 recently and I feel like I’m chained to my desk :p

So, basically I’m justifying my H95 purchase as both a way to enjoy music more (wired nature of the H6 means I don’t use them frequently for listening), and as ”work equipment“ :p

Anyways. Thanks again for posting all your impressions, gathering some from elsewhere, and for encouraging other users to share theirs here. My wallet may not thank you, but I do :p

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #249 of 2,077
Please do not be discouraged. As soon as I can get to a B&O showroom, I will give the H95 a listen, and I am not sure I would have planned to do that without this thread.
I haven’t logged in to Head-Fi for a DECADE but have been reading your thread and figured I’d log in tonight to say thanks for creating this thread. Honestly, I noticed the same pattern of that negative set of comments popping up in the few places online with H95 impressions. I guess it was more amusing to me than anything. Anyways, things are kinda crazy in the world these days and most people are a bit more irritable than they might otherwise be— it’s probably not about the headphones so much.

For myself, I haven’t yet owned an over-the-ear set of wireless headphones; I still remember trying a pair of Bose headphones several years ago and being reminded of how awful they sounded over Bluetooth (so heavily compressed, I A/B tested with wired mode vs BT and BT sounded so bad— wish I could remember how long ago this was).

Last fall I finally tried the AirPods Pro (never tried original airpods because I assumed mediocre sound, they don’t fit my ears, and I prefer something more isolating / closed than those types of earphones). This provided me with a couple things: A) a decent set of actual wireless earphones— the freedom was great and it’s now something I’d like more of; and B) evidence of how much better wireless audio sounds now with current technologies than it did several years ago.

I’ve occasionally looked at B&O’s wireless headphones because I own some of their Beoplay H6 (actually bought 2 pairs— I have a gen 1, which are pretty decent to my ears, and then a gen 2 which have a sound that I really really enjoy. So, that sound quality / signature has kinda been the bar set for any wireless headphones in my future.

I may own a pair of H95 soon enough. I’ve been using the AirPods Pro for work meetings for the last 6 months working from home, and my ears are starting to complain about having earphones in so much... so I’ve been using my H6 recently and I feel like I’m chained to my desk :p

So, basically I’m justifying my H95 purchase as both a way to enjoy music more (wired nature of the H6 means I don’t use them frequently for listening), and as ”work equipment“ :p

Anyways. Thanks again for posting all your impressions, gathering some from elsewhere, and for encouraging other users to share theirs here. My wallet may not thank you, but I do :p

Thank you for your comments.

Sep 15, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #250 of 2,077
The same person as before creating other fake account in Trustpilot and posting other very negative one star comments:

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 07.12.49.png

And other review from a person with 19 reviews / opinions in Trustpilot:

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 07.19.27.png

And here other youtube video with initial impressions at end of video,

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #251 of 2,077
The next level.

I couldn't help picking these up earlier this week from a nearby B&O store. I purchased the black version. I instantly recognized that this headphone has a special sound. It sounds more open than any other ANC I have owned or tried in the past. The bass is deep and tonally correct. The midrange is supple. The highs are extended. I quickly realized that this headphone eclipsed the sound quality (not to mention comfort) of all the other BT/ANC headphones I have experienced. And to top it off, it has a volume dial...a volume dial!

I have spent the morning comparing the H95 to my Eikon, powered by Roon/RME ADI-2. And yes, they are in the same league. B&O has taken BT ANC phones to the next level - a level which necessitates comparison to wired, high-end headphones. I know of no other BT/ANC headphone that comes (remotely) close to this one. Which one do I prefer? The H95. It really is that good, bettering the Eikon in several areas. I am also glad that this thread was created, it brought to my attention the best BT/ANC headphone I have heard, and will likely, in short time, be the one against which all others will be judge.

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #252 of 2,077
I would be very interested in a sound comparison with the Panda THX as I canceled my oder for this one to get the H95. Wished I had never read this thread (would have saved me 800 Euro).
If someone is iterested in a personal comparison with another BT Headphone (Bose, Sennheiser, Sony, B&O, B&W, Techics Focal Listen, Jabra) I´m more than willing to help.

Oh forgot something, I think the case, as nice as it is, was/is a mistake. After only two days of normal use it hast some very ugly scratches (and more a likely to come) and it´s damn heavy

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #253 of 2,077
Hi y‘all, while going through this thread I decided to register and add my 2 cents to the discussion.
I received my silver H95 a few days ago after ordering them through the official B&O website.

First of all I find the build quality and the case quite nice. They simply must be at that price. I was a bit disappointed with the volume and ANC dials. They feel a bit plasticky since they lack a satisfying resistance when turning them.
I’m not a fan of the grey color of the ear pads. I very much preferred the beige in older B&O models and I think I’d prefer the black model even though I’ve never seen it. I think the grey will turn smudgy instead of developing a nice patina over time.

The SonyXM3 were a big step forward over the Bose QC35s for me and so are the H95 over the Sonys. I own both the XM3 and XM4 and the H95 have a much nicer, airy soundstage. I was not impressed by the Bose 700 btw.
I don’t like the way the EQ works in the B&O iOS app. I’d prefer a traditional EQ.
The H95 can develop quite a strong bass, Philipp Glass’s Koyaanisqatsi sounds terrific with them. The organ really rumbles.
But, if too much bass is added with the dreaded EQ in the app, it can almost be too much of a good thing. So from song to song I had to adjust the bass quite often.
One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is that the ear pads come loose quite easily. I once put the headphones around my neck when speaking to someone and one of the pads was detached. So I guess when being on a plane or running through the airport when not wearing them over the ears one should pay close attention not to lose those pads. I quite liked the idea of being able to easily replace the ear pads. But I think they come off too easily. And so far I never had to replace any ear pad that was made of real leather. So I think that was a nice idea that was probably much applauded on in a B&O design meeting but in real life will probably cause more harm than joy.

But the H95 sound really darn good. I like headphones that are on the warm side. My main headphones are Audeze LCD-2. So judging by sound quality the H95 are my best mobile headphones so far. I can’t compare the ANC yet since I don’t get to fly much anymore.
So in my opinion the H95 sound much nicer than my second best ones, the XM4, are nicer built than the XM4 and are more comfortable than the XM4. But are they worth more than twice the price? I’ll leave that to your disposable income.

Modified after one month of use and a test in the wild:

I tried the H95 on a flight within Europe. While in the air I compared the ANC with my daughter’s old Bose QC35 and I must say, that the H95’s ANC is noticeable worse than the QC35’s. So there’s room for improvement for B&O.

What drives me nuts are the detachable ear pads. They fell off way too often. It seems I’m not able to get the H95 out of its case without at least one pad coming off. I’m now thinking it was a really stupid design decision on B&O’s behalf.

For travelling on a plane I will use my Sony XM4 in the future. Also because the case is smaller and lighter.

Sound-wise and design-wise the H95 are in a league of their own and I really, really enjoy them at home. But not so on the go.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #254 of 2,077
Hi y‘all, while going through this thread I decided to register and add my 2 cents to the discussion.
I received my silver H95 a few days ago after ordering them through the official B&O website.

First of all I find the build quality and the case quite nice. They simply must be at that price. I was a bit disappointed with the volume and ANC dials. They feel a bit plasticky since they lack a satisfying resistance when turning them.
I’m not a fan of the grey color of the ear pads. I very much preferred the beige in older B&O models and I think I’d prefer the black model even though I’ve never seen it. I think the grey will turn smudgy instead of developing a nice patina over time.

The SonyXM3 were a big step forward over the Bose QC35s for me and so are the H95 over the Sonys. I own both the XM3 and XM4 and the H95 have a much nicer, airy soundstage. I was not impressed by the Bose 700 btw.
I don’t like the way the EQ works in the B&O iOS app. I’d prefer a traditional EQ.
The H95 can develop quite a strong bass, Philipp Glass’s Koyaanisqatsi sounds terrific with them. The organ really rumbles.
But, if too much bass is added with the dreaded EQ in the app, it can almost be too much of a good thing. So from song to song I had to adjust the bass quite often.
One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is that the ear pads come loose quite easily. I once put the headphones around my neck when speaking to someone and one of the pads was detached. So I guess when being on a plane or running through the airport when not wearing them over the ears one should pay close attention not to lose those pads. I quite liked the idea of being able to easily replace the ear pads. But I think they come off too easily. And so far I never had to replace any ear pad that was made of real leather. So I think that was a nice idea that was probably much applauded on in a B&O design meeting but in real life will probably cause more harm than joy.

But the H95 sound really darn good. I like headphones that are on the warm side. My main headphones are Audeze LCD-2. So judging by sound quality the H95 are my best mobile headphones so far. I can’t compare the ANC yet since I don’t get to fly much anymore.
So in my opinion the H95 sound much nicer than my second best ones, the XM4, are nicer built than the XM4 and are more comfortable than the XM4. But are they worth more than twice the price? I’ll leave that to your disposable income.
Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless have also detached earpads, but have very strong magnets.

Sep 15, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #255 of 2,077

First of all I find the build quality and the case quite nice. They simply must be at that price. I was a bit disappointed with the volume and ANC wheels. They feel a bit plasticky since they lack a satisfying resistance when turning them.

Good point on the pads coming off easily. That could be a problem as well as metal casing prone to scratches, as I'm strictly buying these for business travel use. I'm curious to see how the ANC will fair while flying as that will be my main use. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back