NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Sep 14, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #226 of 2,077
My intuition is saying already you will preferring sa50 and not having a general very good opinion of h95 (of course is possibility I am wrong). And this is ok.

But you must knowing that even with your last posts and your opinions in this posts, when you trying h95, for me will having more weight than the opinion of the other person.

In more than 1500 posts in px7 thread I don't remembering the people complaining about volume. But if I don't reading some posts (and I reading a lot, a lot), the truth is the majority of the people having absolutely no problem with the volume. Maybe a clarification for you. The p7 wireless (previous model I having with me now) is getting very, very loud. The px7 is sufficient loud from my memory, never a problem. I don't remember exactly because I don't liking this headphone and I returning in 3 or 4 days.
I had the PX and PX7's. Neither was loud by any stretch. Driven with LDAC from LG V30 phone. In really quiet environments they were ok. Movies ok. Music, very much in need of 20% more volume. JHMO

Sep 14, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #227 of 2,077
Wow, what a very tough to read thread here. Extremely exaggerated praise gets tedious after a while, especially when it's mostly from one person :wink: Almost sounds like a B&O sales rep or something. And while English is not my native language either, there are other grammar forms than progressive all the way through 😂 (no offence please).

Anyway, it's an interesting headphone. I'm still using my Sennheiser Momentum 3s right now but accidentally read about the H95 recently and thought I might have a look over here. Let's see what the future and other reviews bring to the table. Battery life indeed seems to be fantastic but I'm still very unsure about the very very high price tag here...

I understand all your smileys for minimising the very unpleasant content of some of your comments. I will saying this, and sorry for many ing's in the verbs but this is part of the price you and others paying for some very useful information in my "extremely exaggerated praise" posts that getting "tedious".

I know you saying "almost", but if I'm a "b&o rep or something" is probably a better idea saying h8 and all the 3 h9 models are very good but the h95 is totally different, in completely different league. No, I saying h8, and all 3 h9 models aren't good in my opinion.

Maybe you don't believing this but isn't comfortable for me the constant person posting here.

But I want knowing more if you can be little more specific why you saying "extremely exaggerated praise" and getting "tedious". Please, with your very better English grammar and very good vocabulary, tell me the instances where you finding "extremely exaggerated praise". No smiley now from me, but this isn't saying I'm angry with your comments, not even a little bit. I having genuine interest. I can understanding that in this thread is principally one person posting and the comments very positive. BUT I giving background of my experience in second post for reference and trying explaining why I praising so much this headphone with comparisons and more explanations. But if this extreme effort doing for you (searching the comments and showing me, and explaining why), this is ok. Is funny I thinking I can helping people with analysis and honesty and I receiving posts like yours (with all your nice smileys).

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #228 of 2,077
I don't want to have an argument here, far from it, and I guess people will understand what I mean with extremely exaggerated praise (you do as well, as you even pointed out yourself there).

I'm just genuinely interested in other opinions than just one, that's all. I more than understood by now what you think about the headphones - it's blatantly obvious by now. Good for you! And thanks for the effort :wink:

Sep 14, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #229 of 2,077
I don't want to have an argument here, far from it, and I guess people will understand what I mean with extremely exaggerated praise (you do as well, as you even pointed out yourself there).

I'm just genuinely interested in other opinions than just one, that's all. I more than understood by now what you think about the headphones - it's blatantly obvious by now. Good for you! And thanks for the effort :wink:

I don't wanting any silly arguments at all either. Really. My interest is genuine when I asking you even when your post before is very unpleasant.

I putting 5 more opinions from other website yesterday (and 2 days ago from one very good American friend) exactly because I'm seeing I'm normally only person posting here that owing this headphone. And other genuine owners here don't posting more, except one troll that having strange motives for posting very, very negative comments constantly.

I discovering more aspects too of h95 (some more relevant than others), and very little times I wanting only saying "Hey, this is a great headphone, I love this and that music with h95, I love the immersion of music with this headphone", but this posts aren't common at all.

Sep 14, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #230 of 2,077
I've just received my pair of H95s this morning and am putting them through their paces. In the past few months I've tried (and returned) the following:
  • Bose 700
  • Shure Aonic 50
  • Sony WH-1000XM4
My top 3 criteria are comfort, call quality, and music quality. So far I find the H95s to be the most comfortable of the bunch, slightly ahead of the Bose. I ruled out the Bose based on sound quality. The Sonys got too warm and the Shures had too much clamping pressure for my liking.

Initial Pros
While it's still early, I find the H95s to be on par with the Shures as having the best sound quality. Admittedly, I'm not able to A/B test them but I agree with previous reviews about them having a balanced and 'airy' sound. They get plenty loud for me. My normal listening volume is just shy of 50% up to 75% if I'm really feeling it. Anything beyond that becomes uncomfortable.

Where they really shine so far is on calls as well as in "transparency mode". The sidetone is the most natural sounding of the 4 sets I've tested. With transparency on high, I can almost forget that I have headphones on. I'll continue to solicit feedback from others on my calls, but so far the feedback has been positive.

The build quality and controls are top notch, and I haven't had any issues with the app or updating to the latest firmware.

Initial Cons
I find the ANC to be a step below the others. The Sonys were winners there, with Bose and Shure in a close second. I'd put the H95s in a "close 3rd" spot. I rarely commute and am usually in a quiet office, so this is less of a priority for me.

Price is probably the biggest factor. Are these more than 2x as good as the others? Probably not. But with as picky as I am, if I don't come across any new issues or quirks over the trial period, these will be keepers.

Sep 14, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #231 of 2,077
62 hours and 35 minutes of using with BT only, and battery 2% more is showing in the app.

I stopping listening because I'm hearing beeping every 30-60 seconds for next 5 minutes so I can't enjoying the music more and I deciding stopping listening and charging fully again (second time). So, including the 50 minutes of calls and audio messages plus 2 hours of anc/ambient mode with music on too, obtaining 62,5 hours with 2% more battery is very, very impressive.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #232 of 2,077
I don't wanting any silly arguments at all either. Really. My interest is genuine when I asking you even when your post before is very unpleasant.

I putting 5 more opinions from other website yesterday (and 2 days ago from one very good American friend) exactly because I'm seeing I'm normally only person posting here that owing this headphone. And other genuine owners here don't posting more, except one troll that having strange motives for posting very, very negative comments constantly.

I discovering more aspects too of h95 (some more relevant than others), and very little times I wanting only saying "Hey, this is a great headphone, I love this and that music with h95, I love the immersion of music with this headphone", but this posts aren't common at all.
Are you Tommy Wissau?

Sep 14, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #233 of 2,077
I've just received my pair of H95s this morning and am putting them through their paces. In the past few months I've tried (and returned) the following:
  • Bose 700
  • Shure Aonic 50
  • Sony WH-1000XM4
My top 3 criteria are comfort, call quality, and music quality. So far I find the H95s to be the most comfortable of the bunch, slightly ahead of the Bose. I ruled out the Bose based on sound quality. The Sonys got too warm and the Shures had too much clamping pressure for my liking.

Initial Pros
While it's still early, I find the H95s to be on par with the Shures as having the best sound quality. Admittedly, I'm not able to A/B test them but I agree with previous reviews about them having a balanced and 'airy' sound. They get plenty loud for me. My normal listening volume is just shy of 50% up to 75% if I'm really feeling it. Anything beyond that becomes uncomfortable.

Where they really shine so far is on calls as well as in "transparency mode". The sidetone is the most natural sounding of the 4 sets I've tested. With transparency on high, I can almost forget that I have headphones on. I'll continue to solicit feedback from others on my calls, but so far the feedback has been positive.

The build quality and controls are top notch, and I haven't had any issues with the app or updating to the latest firmware.

Initial Cons
I find the ANC to be a step below the others. The Sonys were winners there, with Bose and Shure in a close second. I'd put the H95s in a "close 3rd" spot. I rarely commute and am usually in a quiet office, so this is less of a priority for me.

Price is probably the biggest factor. Are these more than 2x as good as the others? Probably not. But with as picky as I am, if I don't come across any new issues or quirks over the trial period, these will be keepers.

Interesting. I wasn’t a fan of Shure’s ANC or comfort. Their sound was nice though. I wish the H95’s adaptive NC would’ve put them right up there with the Sony’s or Bose.

Sep 14, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #234 of 2,077
I don't understand all the flak some of you are giving the guy with the negative review. His ears, his opinion. Don't think you can call him out for that, however much you disagree.

If the opinion were part of a survey, it would lie far outside the arithmetic mean plus or minus the standard deviation. In other words, it would be considered bad data.

Sep 14, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #235 of 2,077
Interesting. I wasn’t a fan of Shure’s ANC or comfort. Their sound was nice though. I wish the H95’s adaptive NC would’ve put them right up there with the Sony’s or Bose.

I don't having xm4 (i returning quickly) or nc700, but I still having xm3 which having very similar anc with xm4. Few days ago I comparing anc of xm3 with h95 and, yes, xm3 is better but I saying then that h95 isn't far and I comparing 3 aspects of anc directly. My conclusion is h95 anc is very, very good.

Unfortunately I don't remember anc of sa50 and I think I comparing with xm3 too. BUT I remember very well I don't comparing with same loud speaker simulation of busy coffee shop noise nand inside airplane like I doing with with xm3 and h95 direct comparison.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #236 of 2,077
60 hours 02 minutes with first full charge with BT only. Battery 6% more is showing in the app. The h95 specs saying 50 hours with only BT.

Of all this time, about 50 mins is with calls and audio messages, 15 mins with anc on and music playing too, and 1 hour 40 minutes ambient mode on with music playing too.

Is possible that if using always only BT I obtaining more time with 94% battery because I don't knowing exactly the calls, anc and ambient more how much extra battery is using because the microphones are activated in all this cases.

I will reporting again when the battery finishing completely.
It may not be good for the battery to let it run down completely. B&O might have some guidance about preserving the battery.

Sep 14, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #237 of 2,077
It may not be good for the battery to let it run down completely. B&O might have some guidance about preserving the battery.

Thank you for advice.

Yes, this is very true, but I saying before that my intention ONLY this time is for measuring number of hours with one full charge. My intention from now is charging when battery is showing about 30-35% or more.

Sep 14, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #238 of 2,077
If the opinion were part of a survey, it would lie far outside the arithmetic mean plus or minus the standard deviation. In other words, it would be considered bad data.

Opinions are just that, opinions. No matter how extreme they may seem, It doesn't make it any less true than other opinions that are more palatable/acceptable by the majority. And there is only one opinion that matters. If someone thinks H95 is the worst HP out there, than who are we to argue? I say a good chunk of comments in this forum are nonsense anyways, so why pay so much attention to what others think/say about any particular product? Does anyone here share their hearing with others? If not, who cares how someone else hears things. Just extract what you find valuable from other comments, than move on.

Sep 14, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #239 of 2,077
Opinions are just that, opinions. No matter how extreme they may seem, It doesn't make it any less true than other opinions that are more palatable/acceptable by the majority. And there is only one opinion that matters. If someone thinks H95 is the worst HP out there, than who are we to argue? I say a good chunk of comments in this forum are nonsense anyways, so why pay so much attention to what others think/say about any particular product? Does anyone here share their hearing with others? If not, who cares how someone else hears things. Just extract what you find valuable from other comments, than move on.

I hoping this is the last post in this subject.

NO, opinions aren't only opinions always. If the opinion is genuine, ok, give your opinion (good or bad or so so) and no problem. This is good for having many opinions, GENUINE opinions. BUT when you having a plan for torpedoing a thread / product / person / company, etc because you looking for any excuse to continue criticising something too much, then this is different, the intentions are different. And unfortunately not everybody can seeing this clearly in the internet (the intentions of some people).

This is one person campaigning for saying many times this product is total rubbish, and taking opportunity of other comments not favourable from other people for making this comments his own and exaggerating and/or giving extra false ideas or conclusions. Sometimes a lot of (bad) noise is having desired effect of affecting people's decisions or creating rumours about people or products or other things. I can speaking more and more about this subject and this type of online behaviour but this isn't the correct place for this.

I insisting, this is NOT only about one person giving a bad opinion of one product.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #240 of 2,077
I hoping this is the last post in this subject.

NO, opinions aren't only opinions always. If the opinion is genuine, ok, give your opinion (good or bad or so so) and no problem. This is good for having many opinions, GENUINE opinions. BUT when you having a plan for torpedoing a thread / product / person / company, etc because you looking for any excuse to continue criticising something too much, then this is different, the intentions are different. And unfortunately not everybody can seeing this clearly in the internet (the intentions of some people).

This is one person campaigning for saying many times this product is total rubbish, and taking opportunity of other comments not favourable from other people for making this comments his own and exaggerating and/or giving extra false ideas or conclusions. Sometimes a lot of (bad) noise is having desired effect of affecting people's decisions or creating rumours about people or products or other things. I can speaking more and more about this subject and this type of online behaviour but this isn't the correct place for this.

I insisting, this is NOT only about one person giving a bad opinion of one product.

Yeah I'm hoping this is your last post as well.

I'm sorry but who are you to decide which comments are genuine? You seem to be going out of your way to dig up comments from other sites/forums to prove what exactly?? That's some logical fallacy. This is a public forum and people can say whatever they want within forum guidelines.

Well I appreciate you starting this thread, but I'm more tired of your comments than anyone else's.

Even if you're right and he's trying to push his own personal agenda, how is that any different than all the BS marketing or user hype on the forum? So again, what are you trying to prove exactly?

How about you narrow your parameter and limit your OPINIONS to how you feel about the H95 and let others worry about their own opinions.

You don't need to judge comments for me. I can do that myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back