NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Sep 15, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #271 of 2,072
Very good post too. (Today is many impressions from new owners)

I'm very curious about your comment of "The touch controls on the right ear can be finicky". I'm asking because I don't having a problem with this (pause/play, next/previous track) and I using this features very, very much and I love that 99.9% of times is responding perfectly. I can't asking for better response really. So, my question is, what is "finicky" about this in your experience?

I should revise my post because "finicky" might be the wrong word. My issues with touch controls in general may just be due to my own clumsiness, i.e. I sometimes press the side of the touch-sensitive area instead of the center. To clarify, it's not necessarily an issue with the headphones themselves.

Sep 15, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #272 of 2,072
Very good post too.

BUT one thing you mentioning I don't understanding very well. With h95 you can always connecting with 2 devices always, but is normal in all wireless (anc) headphones that you can ONLY using one device, then pausing and using the other device.

Edit. Sorry, isn't normal for ALL wireless (anc) headphones like I saying above. BUT is working perfectly with h95 and this 'pause and play other device' is the normal way with the majority of recent models (last 2 years) of wireless (anc) headphones AND earphones that saying they offering multi-point connections.

I should have been clarifying indeed.
The multi point connection that you have with the Sony XM4 is a nice feature to have, but not mandatory if you are not switching devices. On my side I will be listening to music from a computer and phone and like having both paired so I can switch. I don't consider it a critical feature.

One addition, some people were complaining about volume with the H95. with ANC and BT it is more than good. I can by in the train and be below half volume.
I never went above half the max volume. (did not try with the cable)

Sep 16, 2020 at 1:30 AM Post #273 of 2,072
I should have been clarifying indeed.
The multi point connection that you have with the Sony XM4 is a nice feature to have, but not mandatory if you are not switching devices. On my side I will be listening to music from a computer and phone and like having both paired so I can switch. I don't consider it a critical feature.

One addition, some people were complaining about volume with the H95. with ANC and BT it is more than good. I can by in the train and be below half volume.
I never went above half the max volume. (did not try with the cable)

I'm sorry but I still don't understanding the problem very well. :)

You saying in your first post: "You can only pair it to one device at a time, but the BT connection is good, so far I had no quality loss compared to other BT headset, I would say it is even better for the signal."

Maybe I making more clarification too. If I having BT on in 2 devices (iPhone and MacBook Pro for me), the h95 is connecting quickly with both devices at same time. Then I must choosing what device is playing (only one) in h95, then I can pausing that device and quickly switching to other device. And, if for example, I'm listening music in MacBook Pro and I receiving a call, the music stopping in Macbook immediately and automatically and I can answering or rejecting the call. When I finishing with the call, I can press play in MacBook or h95 and the music is again playing quickly. This is the same situation with xm4, momentum 3 and other headphones offering multi-point connections, but some working little more quickly / efficiently than others.

Of course for some people this isn't necessary or critical feature and only needing having only one device paired with h95.

Or I'm missing something different in your 2 posts?

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #275 of 2,072
I put the H95 on and immediately thought, wow!, now that’s different! So yes, I think they’re in a different league (compared to XM4).
But, you know, that’s my subjective opinion.

I doubt you will feel the difference once sitting in an airplane. However, when listening in a quiet environment there is a clear difference.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #277 of 2,072
Because this thread is more and more long, and is more difficult finding relevant information, in post # 2 I adding a few minutes ago 10 links of the posts of people (apart from me) that writing opinions / impressions of the h95 until now in this thread (I will adding in the same post more when they are appearing in next days / future). I adding too 4 links of 4 youtube videos (one is new from yesterday) that isn't from b&o sponsors or online publications but only from ordinary consumers.

I don't putting a link for the troll that posting obsessively very, very negative comments in this thread and in youtube and in Trustpilot (in last 2 places creating extra fake accounts; is possible he making fake account in head-fi too, and maybe in future again).

I don't posting a link of the opinion of my American friend that owing h95, either, because maybe some people thinking I want pushing my excellent opinion of the h95 with the opinion of my 'imaginary friend'.

And I don't putting the links of Trustpilot opinions / reviews because I realising that is possible creating fake account for good or bad posts, this is meaning that a genuine purchase isn't necessary for posting in that website like I thinking before. Is possible this happening here too, of course (making fake account), but here is more easy interacting with people that having new head-fi accounts and seeing the intentions or strange behaviour.

For me isn't a problem AT ALL if some or many people don't liking this headphone for genuine real reasons or only for their sound preferences, not because they having strange hidden agenda, AND this is in both directions (criticising or praising this product). For this reason I trying too not putting links of videos, articles in magazines, online publications that will usually saying h95 is best/great headphone. Except if this is from a place with good not biased reputation like the excellent old Innerfidelity website (when Tyll Hertsens is there still about 2 years ago).

I saying before all opinions aren't equal. The opinions of Tyll, for example, for me are always important for taking in consideration. Some people having (much) more credibility than others, like comparing good and bad newspapers / publications / experts or not / TV, etc. But I think is still valid having real opinions from everybody here even with little experience, BUT they must be ideally from real consumers, not trolls, shills or similar people.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #278 of 2,072
I am curious what sources people are listening to (device, music app / streaming service). Mostly just looking at my setup and hoping to eliminate any compromises on sound quality from transcoding, etc. I’m using an iPhone and have an iTunes Library, but do my streaming on Spotify currently, and I’ve read mixed things about BT headphones on iPhone w/ Spotify.

I am using Tidal (almost exclusively) from an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

The case does indeed scratch easily and appears to be aluminum beneath the black that has now been scratched off in a few places.

The EQ should have two modes: B&Os 'circle' and a parametric.

Sep 16, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #279 of 2,072
I would be very interested in a sound comparison with the Panda THX as I canceled my oder for this one to get the H95. Wished I had never read this thread (would have saved me 800 Euro).
If someone is iterested in a personal comparison with another BT Headphone (Bose, Sennheiser, Sony, B&O, B&W, Techics Focal Listen, Jabra) I´m more than willing to help.

My Panda THX should hopefully arrive in a few weeks. I will compare.

Sep 16, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #280 of 2,072
The case does indeed scratch easily and appears to be aluminum beneath the black that has now been scratched off in a few places.

Is a pity about the case. I only testing with my nails scratching the case and this scratches are removing completely easily. But I don't travelling yet with h95 (thanks to Covid). I'm very careful person and when travelling I putting the case always in rucksack. Can you explaining how your case is scratching? When is in contact with what type of objects / materials?

And yes, b&o must changing or adding new eq with minimum 3 bands (but 5 or 7 is ideal).

Sep 16, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #281 of 2,072
Is a pity about the case. I only testing with my nails scratching the case and this scratches are removing completely easily. But I don't travelling yet with h95 (thanks to Covid). I'm very careful person and when travelling I putting the case always in rucksack. Can you explaining how your case is scratching? When is in contact with what type of objects / materials?

And yes, b&o must changing or adding new eq with minimum 3 bands (but 5 or 7 is ideal).

I opened the passenger door of my car and the case (not containing the H95s) tumbled onto the asphalt. I am usually much more careful with my equipment.

Sep 16, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #282 of 2,072
Is there a chance for anyone to compare H95 to Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless? As Amiron are not cheap headphones it might be a very interesting comparison: ANC tops of two brands.

Sorry, my bad: Amiron are not an ANC. However I am still curious in sound comparison. And what about ANC comparison to Lagoon?

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #283 of 2,072
Wow, these headphones cost more than the Montblanc MB01 ($600). Any of you try out those?

Sep 17, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #284 of 2,072
I am using Tidal (almost exclusively) from an iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Thanks for sharing those details. I am using an iPhone 11 Pro Max as well, but with the music app (iTunes match) and Spotify. So far I don’t have any complaints— I used to keep at least specific genres of music in lossless format on my devices, but it’s been years since I’ve synced with my desktop computer to listen to my lossless music. (I have only a fool‘s hope that Apple might one day make lossless an option... not holding my breath though. It’s been a decade and a half since I started using their devices, haha.)

I’m guessing you got the black version of the headphones and that the case is also black? I didn’t realize this. I got the gray version and the case is just that silver color as well— it makes more sense now why people have commented on the case scratching easily.

Parametric would be nice. Does Tidal have any kind of EQ available in the app? Spotify does, which is nice... seems like any kind of real EQ is just counter to Apple’s philosophy.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #285 of 2,072
My H95’s arrived today. I don’t test or listen to headphones extensively so I won’t try to review or make any comparisons to other headphones. (Mentioned previously that my most recent headphones in the last several years were Beoplay H6 2nd gen’s, which are fun to listen to.) All I can say is that I feel like I once again have something in an elevated class of audio listening to where I can again *experience* music, not just listen to it.

A little over 10 years ago I spent a little money to put a Dynaudio sound system in my car and I adored it. The detail, the separation you could hear between instruments, the balance of the sound. It was a joy to listen to music in that car. I think this is probably when I became a little less interested in headphones— I was listening in my car mostly and enjoying it immensely.

6 years later I had to sell the car and pulled the sound system out, but couldn’t really put it in the next vehicle, which came with a circa 2013 Bose system... what a disappointment. So I listen to podcasts more than music while driving now. It’s like all the elements of the music are smashed together, there’s no life or dimension or detail to it.

Today I unboxed the H95, got them paired and updated, and then pulled up a track that I recalled enjoying on my prior vehicle’s sound system. Ahhhh... there it is. The dimension. The detail. The soundstage. The life. I nearly wept, haha. I was remembering what it was like for music to move me again. I know maybe this sounds a little dramatic but there is just something to a quality output device, be it speakers or headphones, that is missing in most mainstream gear. I know the gear I’ve used probably doesn’t even scratch the surface for what others, especially on a forum like this, have experienced, but for me, this is extremely satisfying.

For what these are— wireless headphones that will inherently have some limitations— I am very impressed and enjoying these headphones so much. I actually can’t believe they are wireless, so bad was my first impression of wireless audio quality several years ago. The technology has come a long way.

Thanks again to everyone who shared their impressions and talked me into these. Absolutely worth it to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back