New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread.
Jan 9, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #61 of 335
I am looking forward to reading them!  As well as looking forward to the other cool Schiit in the future!
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 9, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #62 of 335
Man, the midrange stuff is probably what I should stick to money wise, but I certainly have enough time to save up for the statement stuff if I want to. So many choices to make; so much unknown for me. The Lyr is the first amp I've ever owned, and I've never had a nice DAC before.

I am waiting for the midrange and statement products with bated breath.

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:32 AM Post #63 of 335
I ordered my Lyr on Friday then noticed it's on backorder again...although says it should be shipping this week. I sure hope mine does as well...patience may be a virtue but it sure isn't one I have

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #64 of 335
oh, come on.. i was expecting your Statement DAC to come out this winter/spring
heck. i'll have to live without a good DAC for almost a whole year more???

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #65 of 335
HK, lets get those books and start a Schiit Book Club thread 
biggrin.gif

Great place to meet chicks and stuff 
wink.gif

Give us something to do while waiting for the Schiit mid-tier and statement amps

Quote:
I am looking forward to reading them!  As well as looking forward to the other cool Schiit in the future!
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 9, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #66 of 335
oh well it was bad timing on my part to start building a new pc with all these new products coming out, but I can,t wait to see the mid tier dac and amp combo, and the statement combo, well I might have to start putting money aside for that :)

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #67 of 335

Quote:
oh, come on.. i was expecting your Statement DAC to come out this winter/spring
heck. i'll have to live without a good DAC for almost a whole year more???

Doesn't Q2 mean June at the latest?

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #69 of 335
 Absolutely looking forward to the stuff, especially the DAC, any idea when the full announcement is coming?

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #70 of 335
So Still no aes/ebu with the new dac, hope the statement dac build in one.

Jan 20, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #71 of 335

Quote:
I ordered my Lyr on Friday then noticed it's on backorder again...although says it should be shipping this week. I sure hope mine does as well...patience may be a virtue but it sure isn't one I have

Should be shipping now. I went ahead and ordered a Valhalla about a week ago, which was notified as being backordered until the end of January. Now they've updated and said from late Jan to early Feb. *sigh* 

Jan 20, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #72 of 335

Yeah it shipped Tuesday but seems stuck enroute to Canada. Tracking hasn't updated in two days. I did pay for international express (3-5 days) so was hoping they'd be here today. I hate waiting lol
Quote:

Should be shipping now. I went ahead and ordered a Valhalla about a week ago, which was notified as being backordered until the end of January. Now they've updated and said from late Jan to early Feb. *sigh* 

Feb 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #73 of 335
OMG if these guys can pump out US made Kessler'esque inspired true differentials at price points slightly above Emotiva level...

Jason...

YOU'LL SELL MANY THOUSANDS OF UNITS!

and all us little fishes will LOVE YOU!

Feb 26, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #74 of 335

Quote:
So Still no aes/ebu with the new dac, hope the statement dac build in one.

hmm... intend to use in the studio for monitors?

WOW if studio engineers and producers have noticed this thing...

I guess Antelope is gunna have to rethink their pricing matrix !

wink_face.gif

Not that it isn't OUTRAGEOUS in the first place! But hey I guess he could be selling DACs for $7500 bucks like Wavelength's Crimson!

Do people actually purchase stuff like that !!!!

I guess a SUCKER is born everyday eh!!!

Feb 26, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #75 of 335
wow wait a second here...

Are we talking about a headphone amp here or a power amp?

It's my understanding that very few headphone drivers are balanced. I thought for the most part it was simply a 4 conductor cable to eliminate common ground for crosstalk etc at the cable segment. Or even worse it's simply bi-wiring BS.

I can understand a headphone amp with balanced +4 dBu inputs but balanced outputs to the drivers?

I believe even the LCD-2 doesn't have balanced inputs into the driver. I think that's called "balanced drive" right?

Sorry for my headphone ignorance guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back