New Balanced Schiit Amps? The information and anticipation thread.
Dec 11, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #47 of 335
I can put in a plug for Jason and Shiit's customer service also.  While I was going back and forth on my systems topology, Jason patiently put up with my back and forth decision on whether to order my Bifrost with a USB card or not.  I actually changed my mind and order twice and then when I figured everything out, he still was cheerfully willing to support me changing my order a final time!

If that's not outstanding customer support/service, I don't know what is.  So now I am looking forward to getting a better class of Schiit!
biggrin.gif

Call me a fanboy or just a plain ol' dedicated customer...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 11, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #48 of 335
How about dedicated fanboy customer but so am I.  I know I like the Lyr so I'm interested in their next gen amps.
At least I didn't call you Surely/Shirley 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
If that's not outstanding customer support/service, I don't know what is.  So now I am looking forward to getting a better class of Schiit!
biggrin.gif

Call me a fanboy or just a plain ol' dedicated customer...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #51 of 335
I only recently found out that Leslie Nielson had died a year ago. No wonder I haven't seen him in a movie for some time... I'll really miss him. Airplane! and the Naked Gun series will remain a timeless classic of comedy films.

Quote:
How about dedicated fanboy customer but so am I.  I know I like the Lyr so I'm interested in their next gen amps.
At least I didn't call you Surely/Shirley 
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #52 of 335
Really looking forward to the next announcements from Jason and company on this stuff....and crossing my fingers that the statement amp will include variable line outs as well as headphone outs so it can do double duty as my home stereo preamp.  Would make a nice match with something like a Parasound Halo A23 or better yet, since Schiit will be moving their top tier stuff to a larger case, maybe a balanced stereo or monoblock power amp is somewhere off in the future as well???

I am just starting to get my spouse comfortable with the idea that I need a couple mid to high performance cans and I could sneak this Schiit stuff in under the umbrella of general home hifi, which my spouse is a big supporter of.  My only problem is will I find enough private time to plug some headphones in or am I going to end up sneaking this stuff into another room and going with two systems anyways?  Do many of you head-fi'ers out there have double duty systems that share some family time or are the vast majority of headphone rigs desktop or bedside oriented?

GJ

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #53 of 335
Alas, Jason already told that they are not going to but anything "preamplifierish" on their forecoming products because they want a no-compromise solution.

I live with my parents so anything that concerns hi-fi is in my living/bedroom. It's nice to share with friends when they come though.

Dec 29, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #54 of 335
That's a bummer.... I thought I noticed a comment about that in reference to the DACs but did not realize it would be applied to the amps as well.  Oh well, if that proves to be the case I may have to start looking for some alternatives to go on my wish list.  Seems like such a waste to have the better part of a reference quality stack that is confined to cans only, but I guess we all got our thing.

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #56 of 335
Hey all,

Here's a long-awaited update on where we are and what's coming up this year. 

As you may have known, we've been spending all our time ramping up production (Bifrost caught us WAY off guard, and ongoing demand for the other products continues to increase.) Because of this, we're late on a bunch of planned products. Sorry, sorry. White iPhone and all that. So here's where we are, in convenient FAQ format:

Q: What the heck have you guys been doing anyway? Sitting around, eating bonbons, watching Star Trek?
A: None of the above, actually. We've been working with our board house, our suppliers, and our production staff (yes, we now have staff) to increase capacity and ensure products are in stock. This is beginning to pay off as of, well, right now. It's entirely possible that our current backorders will be the last for a long time.

Q: Fine. Cool. We get it. What about the new stuff?
A: Okay, let's talk new products. Here's what we currently have planned: at least two pairs of products, one coming in Q1 and one coming in Q2. That's the current plan. Estimated. As in "guess." In Q1, we plan on introducing our first balanced DAC and balanced amp. In Q2, we plan on introducing our "statement" balanced DAC and balanced amp pair. 

Q: Sizes, prices, features? Tell us more!
A: All of the new products will be larger than the current products. The "midrange" products will be approximately 16 x 8 x 2.25", and the "statement" products will be taller and deeper than that. Unfortunately, beyond that, we can't talk price or feature set, for obvious reasons. What I will say is that we're sticking to our earlier statement that all new products (even the midrange ones) will be "one and only" products--using unique technology, and/or offering unparalleled performance, especially in their price range.

Q: So, is this going to be another "preorder and wait forever" deal like Bifrost?
A: No. That's one reason we're so late. Our preorders will be much shorter and more certain in the future.

Again, sorry for the delays. It was a heck of a 2011, but 2012 will be even more interesting!

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 9, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #57 of 335
Backorder again? Just peachy, I was really gonna get one next week when I get paid. I was doing research and everything, building up anticipation for when I finally get my first dedicated headphone amp. Phooey!

But thanks for the update, Jason! Can't wait to read about the upcoming products.

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #58 of 335
Whoa...hey!  What's wrong with Star Trek?
wink_face.gif
  You can have it on and be working on other things...
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I know I am looking forward to your new products.  I have to ask though, are you going to keep the same minimalist aesthetic to your new equipment?  I'm sure it may have been for cost reasons, but it actually does a good deal to define how I see Schiit Audio; understated on outside appearance but very impressive in function and sound.

All IMHO and YMMV!
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #59 of 335
Quote:
Backorder again? Just peachy, I was really gonna get one next week when I get paid. I was doing research and everything, building up anticipation for when I finally get my first dedicated headphone amp. Phooey!

But thanks for the update, Jason! Can't wait to read about the upcoming products.

Cheer up!  It sounds like the need for backorders is diminishing...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #60 of 335

Quote:
Whoa...hey!  What's wrong with Star Trek?
wink_face.gif
  You can have it on and be working on other things...
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I know I am looking forward to your new products.  I have to ask though, are you going to keep the same minimalist aesthetic to your new equipment?  I'm sure it may have been for cost reasons, but it actually does a good deal to define how I see Schiit Audio; understated on outside appearance but very impressive in function and sound.

All IMHO and YMMV!
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Minimalist is what we do. Though there are a helluva lot of connectors on even the midrange balanced amp.

Okay, a couple more details:

Midrange balanced amp: solid state, will have balanced and SE outputs, including both 3-pin and 4-pin balanced, balanced and SE inputs. Power output will be equal to or greater than Lyr. This is a real balanced-in, balanced-out, 4-gang pot, no conversion to SE anywhere in the signal path type design. It also has (as far as we know) a unique topology in the headphone amp realm.

Midrange balanced DAC: solid state, will have balanced and SE outputs, BNC, RCA, TOSLINK, and optional USB inputs. Again, this is a real hardware balanced deal, upgradable a la Bifrost (but with two DAC/analog boards that are different than Bifrost.) There's some real neat trickery in our (REDACTED) section. Sorry to tease, but you'll see what we're talking about soon enough.

And an aside: yes, nothing wrong with Star Trek. It's a nice antidote to the current crop of dystopian SF that infests the literary space. (Full disclosure: I am also a professional science fiction author, with my two debut books out last month: Winning Mars by Jason Stoddard and Mecha Corps by Brett Patton--pseudonym. Winning Mars is a Library Journal "Debut of the Month." Sorry for the tangent if you have no interest in SF.)

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back