New Australian audio company Audiofly!
Jul 14, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #137 of 151
Anyone of you actually managed to talk to Dave the founder of AudioFly? I'm actually in Perth right now and sent him two e-mails hoping to meet him but looks like he's not responding - not impressed with a lack of response so far.

Jul 14, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #138 of 151
Quote:
Anyone of you actually managed to talk to Dave the founder of AudioFly? I'm actually in Perth right now and sent him two e-mails hoping to meet him but looks like he's not responding - not impressed with a lack of response so far.

Yeah, I spoke to him a while ago asking when their products will be released, He responded within the hour. He might be overseas at the moment though as they are also launching their products in the US and from their facebook photos I think he might be overseas. Also He and his company were going to attend a head-fi meet in Sydney in August, however he had to decline as he will be attending a meet in the US at the same time. 

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #139 of 151
Cheers for the response. That's a pity. A manufacturer friend I know well in Tokyo met him in NYC. He heard I was coming back to Oz & asked me to look him up.

Well I'll try to get hold of him again then. Thx again.

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #140 of 151
Quote:
Cheers for the response. That's a pity. A manufacturer friend I know well in Tokyo met him in NYC. He heard I was coming back to Oz & asked me to look him up.
Well I'll try to get hold of him again then. Thx again.

No problem man, any time. Good luck, hope you get to meet him, personally I'd love to as well... Shame he can't go to the head-fi meet in Sydney :frowning2:

Jul 18, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #141 of 151
I so want to get AF78, but then again GR08 can come out anytime and I would be bummed if GR08 comes out just after I bought AF78...

I know best solution is to buy both...but better keep the wallet safely in my backpocket...

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #142 of 151
got the AF56 from my work today for only $60 and have to say i'm really pleasantly surprised.  the amount of detail and space on these is incredible.  bass is plentiful and seems deep but feels like it's a hair short of boomy.  there seems like a slightly muddy veil but at the same time things are very detailed, so in my limited experience i'm not sure how that actually works but that's basically what i'm hearing.  treble is detailed and there but i suppose it's rolled off?  it's not powerful and shoegaze guitars don't rage like they should but it feels plentiful and crisp.  one user (guy with miles davis avatar, not sure of his name atm) has them rated above the GR07; i probably wouldn't put them that high but they're probably almost there and at a third of the price! 

they're meant to be worn cable down but i managed to get it over the ear, though isolation is only adequate and it doesn't dissolve in your ears like the GR07; still very comfortable though.  some problems with driver flex too and popping noises when moving neck or jaw, but they're pretty miniscule.  tried monster supertips with them; big frickin mistake as like usual they got stuck in my ears when trying to remove them <_<  may see if i can find some sony hybrids as i'd love better isolation with them, and may help fix driver flex (the bore is really big though and may pose some problems fitting the hybrids over them).  was going to try some rock it sounds r-50s or dba-02 but i'm so surprisingly happy with these that i think i'll just stick with them.

Nov 21, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #143 of 151
Quote:
I will post my first full review here (not in this thread, but a separate posting since I will be talking about the whole line of products pretty much). I also write for a few music magazines. Working out details on that now. I'll let you know which publication(s) I finalize with in posting a review for later down the road. 

Hey Eric wondering if you got around to writing that review? I tried to find it but me and the search function on this forum are out of sync. Im mostly interested in the af56 and see that you have them rated higher then GR07 which is my current benchmark. Any insight would be appreciated! 

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #144 of 151
Quote:
Hey Eric wondering if you got around to writing that review? I tried to find it but me and the search function on this forum are out of sync. Im mostly interested in the af56 and see that you have them rated higher then GR07 which is my current benchmark. Any insight would be appreciated! 

I dropped you an email, bradlb, but hold tight. I have a detailed answer for you on the AF56.

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #145 of 151
I just bought an AF56 off of ebay for $56 and im really liking them so far, really great bass and crisp upper register.  Im getting this weird thing with comply tips as stated I think earlier in this thread, the sound is getting muffled.  I'm new to replacement tips and im not sure, is it possible my tips are too big (i got the big size) or is it just they don't work well with this IEM?  If not what are some good tips?  I also own the AF33 and I am getting a similar issue.  

Also im noticing its hard to get them in the right spot in my ear to get the full bass, but when I finally got it they really sounded great, a really big step up from the AF33.  Getting these is making me consider the more expensive AF78....

Nov 22, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #146 of 151
Quote:
I just bought an AF56 off of ebay for $56 and im really liking them so far, really great bass and crisp upper register.  Im getting this weird thing with comply tips as stated I think earlier in this thread, the sound is getting muffled.  I'm new to replacement tips and im not sure, is it possible my tips are too big (i got the big size) or is it just they don't work well with this IEM?  If not what are some good tips?  I also own the AF33 and I am getting a similar issue.  

Also im noticing its hard to get them in the right spot in my ear to get the full bass, but when I finally got it they really sounded great, a really big step up from the AF33.  Getting these is making me consider the more expensive AF78....

The muffled sound you are talking about is the foam of the comply absorbing the mids and highs. You can cut the excess foam off the tip so that it is flush with the nozzle. This will allow you to keep the comfort and seal of the comply without comprimising the sound!

Nov 22, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #148 of 151
Quote:
The muffled sound you are talking about is the foam of the comply absorbing the mids and highs. You can cut the excess foam off the tip so that it is flush with the nozzle. This will allow you to keep the comfort and seal of the comply without comprimising the sound!

Oh wow nice tip! (pun not intended)  That's definitely what the problem was, it's much clearer now.  Thanks for the help!

Dec 31, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #150 of 151
Quote:
new line on ces http://www.cultofandroid.com/20745/audiofly-goes-all-in-with-handful-of-new-high-end-earphones-ces-2013/

Dave is a very hard person to get hold of. Every time I go back to Perth for holidays, I've been trying to get hold of him to talk to him more about his product offerings but I can't get a response. His product isn't in the Japan market yet, and was keen to see what his range of products are like but not getting anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back