NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400
Nov 2, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #287 of 405
That was the reason why I moved to E Series in the end which have more linear mids..the rest was just fine.

I looked at crinacle's measurements for the E70, and the sudden drop past the 4k region kinda scares me. Since you own the E70 can you comment on whether the uppermid-treble rolloff is as bad as it looks in the chart? I've heard nice things about its bass extension though which interests me and if I get a chance I'd like to listen to the E50 as well.

The last ATH IEM I used was the CKR9LTD which I liked but the mids were too forward and became fatiguing after about an hour or so. While the LS200's mids are still a bit forward they're not anywhere near the CKR9's level of in your face so I'm fine with them.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #288 of 405
The standard E70s tips are poor, frankly. And even the Comply memory foam items included are not that much better. I may order some Spinfits as well, as I see I'm going to have to play around with these to get the best from these ATH-E70s.
I won't say i told you so about the tips. : )
I looked at crinacle's measurements for the E70, and the sudden drop past the 4k region kinda scares me. Since you own the E70 can you comment on whether the uppermid-treble rolloff is as bad as it looks in the chart? I've heard nice things about its bass extension though which interests me and if I get a chance I'd like to listen to the E50 as well.

The last ATH IEM I used was the CKR9LTD which I liked but the mids were too forward and became fatiguing after about an hour or so. While the LS200's mids are still a bit forward they're not anywhere near the CKR9's level of in your face so I'm fine with them.
Treble is some of the best imho. Treble really clear and detailed without fatigue, but extremely unforgiving. Sometimes people blame the e70 because they don't understand they have flaws in their listening device or audio.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #289 of 405
Nov 2, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #290 of 405
That was the reason why I moved to E Series in the end which have more linear mids..the rest was just fine.

Do the E70s require any noticeable break-in during which their sound balance alters?

Nov 2, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #291 of 405

Sure, you were right, and I sort of expected that in a way. Everyone's ear canals, listening experience and aural cortexes are different, so no one tip will 'rule them all' so to speak.

But I'm curious - do you switch between all of these on your E70s? Or is there one you have settled on?

And will the JVCs definitely fit the E70s?

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #292 of 405
Sure, you were right, and I sort of expected that in a way. Everyone's ear canals, listening experience and aural cortexes are different, so no one tip will 'rule them all' so to speak.

But I'm curious - do you switch between all of these on your E70s? Or is there one you have settled on?

I use bliss 3.0 right now. Sony hybrids second choice. But you're right, everyones hearing is different. Only way is to try different tips Thank G*d for Amazon 30 day return policy even for tips :)

Nov 3, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #294 of 405
Do the E70s require any noticeable break-in during which their sound balance alters?
Do you mean a burn-in? No, I don't believe in balanced armature burn-in. For a dynamic type it should work.

Nov 12, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #295 of 405

How are you liking the e70?

Did you get the tips in yet?

You should really try the bliss 3.0 http://amzn.to/2jjzqFl or

sony hybrids http://amzn.to/2hmApQW

Nov 13, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #296 of 405
I'm still waiting for the hybrid ones to arrive. Have the JVCs in mind as well.

Like the E70s so far, but getting in and out of my ears is fiddly and will take some getting used to.

Nov 20, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #297 of 405
How are you liking the e70?

Did you get the tips in yet?

You should really try the bliss 3.0 http://amzn.to/2jjzqFl or

sony hybrids http://amzn.to/2hmApQW

So the hybrid ones have finally arrived. Decent fit (still not perfect, but that's likely my ears). I think they're good so far, as I now feel I'm getting a much fuller response from the E70s - for which I have increasing admiration.

I may try the Bliss and Sony ones next.

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #298 of 405
So the hybrid ones have finally arrived. Decent fit (still not perfect, but that's likely my ears). I think they're good so far, as I now feel I'm getting a much fuller response from the E70s - for which I have increasing admiration.

I may try the Bliss and Sony ones next.
E70 actually gets alot better as you increase the quality of the music files and dac/amp. Other iem that sound good on lower quality equipment starts to sound bad or the same when you upgrade equipment. If I were you i'd check out the bliss next. Bliss tightens treble and bass.

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #300 of 405
Hello, this is my first post. I just purchased a set of JH Audio 13 PRO V2 universals and was wondering if anyone here has tried any of the headphones in this thread against any JH Audio IEM's? Thank you.
yes! Ath-e70 blows them out the water!!! I even prefer e70 over the Angie. Filter for e70 reviews they get 5 stars ath-e70

Users who are viewing this thread

Back