NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400
Dec 4, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #302 of 405
Ha ha, that is very disappointing to see especially considering the cost of the JH Audio 13 PRO V2. I think I may still be able to return the JH's after I try some E70's. Thank you!
Yeah I use Amazon for my free 30 day return no stocking fee. Can't tell you how many times I've been disappointed by overhyped marketing. E70 aka audio-technica really sucks at marketing but sound is awesome.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #305 of 405
I just ordered a couple sets on Amazon, the E70 and LS200 to try them out. Thank you for convincing me.
I'd be surprised if you dont like e70. You will be the first person..

You will need tips (30 day return as well) I use:

1. vmoda bliss 3.0
  2. Sony hybrid
  3. jvc spiral dot

Your going to want Tidal and or flac files as well. What's your source? E70 is very unforgiving as it's supposed to be. If you have crappy files or crappy source it will show.

Btw, if you dont already, check out the v20 and v30. Best portable audio devices and goes well with e70.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #306 of 405
I'd be surprised if you dont like e70. You will be the first person..

You will need tips (30 day return as well) I use:

1. vmoda bliss 3.0
  2. Sony hybrid
  3. jvc spiral dot

Your going to want Tidal and or flac files as well. What's your source? E70 is very unforgiving as it's supposed to be. If you have crappy files or crappy source it will show.

Btw, if you dont already, check out the v20 and v30. Best portable audio devices and goes well with e70.
Okay thanks! Do you think the FIIO X7 with the AM1 module and WAV files will be good?

Dec 5, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #309 of 405
Yes I do. I use it with my home audio system and it sounds excellent in the dock with balanced outputs. I have a set of Paradigm S6 speakers and a modded 225 watt per channel Anthem Amp.
Can't speak on x7. Does it have viper4android? I think people were saying v30 may be better although i'm not sure I never heard x7.

Dec 5, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #310 of 405
Yes I do. I use it with my home audio system and it sounds excellent in the dock with balanced outputs. I have a set of Paradigm S6 speakers and a modded 225 watt per channel Anthem Amp.
But if you have a powerful home amp, you'll go crazy over e70! Just make sure you have the right tips. Tips that come with the e70 kinda sucks.

Dec 5, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #312 of 405
Okay cool, I have plenty of tips so I will let you know in a few days what I think, they should be here tomorrow.
ok looking forward to hearing your impressions, especially with the powerful amp. I think you'll notice e70 gets considerably better given the source and equipment because it's made for studio mixing.

Dec 6, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #313 of 405
ok looking forward to hearing your impressions, especially with the powerful amp. I think you'll notice e70 gets considerably better given the source and equipment because it's made for studio mixing.
I got to leave work early today so I was able to put them head to head.
I spent several hours comparing the JH 13 PRO V2 Performance Series to the Audio Technica E70 with plenty of power, excellent sealing tips and here is my conclusion.

For me the JH Audio beat the Audio Technica and here is why.
JH Audio:
Superb depth
Superb layering
Everything sounds deep and 3D
Vocals sound extremely clear and realistic
Everything about the headphone is balanced and sounds incredible
Takes nothing to drive them, any phone or mp3 player will do
Sound excellent with just about any source material
Fit is absolutely perfect and can wear for hours.

Audio Technica:
For me the sound of the JH Audio was better in every aspect, the Audio Technica is priced much lower but wow these things perform!
These are about 80% what the JH Audio's are for less than half the price as long as you have good source material and plenty of power which makes them impractical for me, I can't always have great source material and a good amp handy.
Sound is the most subjective thing on the planet and I really appreciate you recommending the E70. Thank you.

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #314 of 405
I spent several hours comparing the JH 13 PRO V2 Performance Series to the Audio Technica E70 with plenty of power, excellent sealing tips and here is my conclusion.

JH Audio:
Superb depth
Superb layering

Audio Technica:
For me the sound of the JH Audio was better in every aspect, the Audio Technica is priced much lower but wow these things perform!
These are about 80% what the JH Audio's are for less than half the price as long as you have good source material and plenty of power which makes them impractical for me, I can't always have great source material and a good amp handy.
Sound is the most subjective thing on the planet and I really appreciate you recommending the E70. Thank you.
Nice. Good to see you like them!

However, those are first impressions comparing to JH Audio. I preffered some of my other iem over rhe e70 as well. I even put my e70 up for a while. However, i came back to compare and found the e70 to be more technical and superb with the right tracks, v20 or v30 phone for portability.

Your correct and i respect your opinion, but I'd like to hear your impressions after testing a little longer.

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #315 of 405

JH Audio:
Superb depth
Superb layering

Audio Technica:
Also did you try flac and above?

imho reference iem is supposed to make low quality souce sound worse because it reproduces sound accurately not colored.

I plan on trying 64 audio a18 next :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back