[NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7)
Dec 27, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #721 of 822

Wonderful  pairing: Newsmy A33 + CKR9LTD with KZ whirlwind tips. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #722 of 822
OK, look and sound is identical. The case on AE pair does look and feel cheaper tho. The eBay pair I had was DMI Accessories was $119, but now are $189. The eBay pair came with full packaging however the barcode scanned as ckr10, and my pair was numbered in 1300s.

I gotta say, for me, these are best I've heard, only competition for me was asg2.5 and rockets. I listen to mainly old school rap and r&b, with a little aerosmith, 5finger dp, staind, godsmack....basically 98% of listening is done in the gym (weight training not cardio). And these tick all my boxes, bass quality AND quantity with both sub and mid bass, forward mids (I like to call them emotional mids), good soundstages separations imaging, and finally detail retrieval. Those are most important to me, and these just do it for me.

Glad that you like 'em!  They were missing out on detail compared to my LZ-A2 and Tenore, and were not that clear in the lower mids, but otherwise, they were good.  I still have the Ali CKR9 which sounds similar to the CKR9LTD.

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #723 of 822
Glad that you like 'em!  They were missing out on detail compared to my LZ-A2 and Tenore, and were not that clear in the lower mids, but otherwise, they were good.  I still have the Ali CKR9 which sounds similar to the CKR9LTD.
I'm still very curious about the lz-a2. I have puro 500 on way, and still enjoying 1stHarnonic ieb6

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #726 of 822
I just got a pair off Ali express.$60
I thought they must be fake but I'd take the risk. I have my B+W P7s for home with my Lil fiio E 18. My E10s were coming apart so a £40 gamble wasn't so bad. I have pink and white 25 hour run in with 10 play.They are either genuine or good fakes. Andre gerraisetti corner of the water album wolf doesn't sound as clear as P7s but a song off sound cloud TRYNMIX the sound stage with neutron player is just beautiful. A few songs with some high treble no longer has crackle there. Even P7s expose that part. DUST IN THE WIND and HORSE WITH NO NAME have no real extra detail but sound good. I will dig out my flac Nick Drake river man for comparison v P7s and AKG 451s. And trusty What hifi E10s. Clean bass is what suprises me with the ATH-CKR10S.
I have the JVC spiro buds on order (that's why I come here pro advice thank you) From a head phone noob my pros are superb sound isolation with standard large buds. My pack of EBay memory foam buds killed the sound like pillow on my snoring wife's face.. but I tried them as even with my BFG ears I am getting a little sore with the big body of these phones.Angling the cable backwards helps.I don't have fancy kit or even understand half the posts but I think £40 for these is a bargin fake or not. I just hope my rambling post helps a Lil bit. Good luck and happy tinatus Head fiers.
Old man Dave uk

Dude,is Ali CKR9 fake? What is your opinion on it?

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #727 of 822
Just so you guys know, CKR series is probably currently the most counterfeited Audio Technical models in China right now (and in general, AT is always one of the most counterfeited headphone brand in China as well).

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #728 of 822
Do you guys think the CKR7 would be a decent choice to get my wife for her first IEM?  I can get a pair from Sears for about $20 right now with a bunch of SYW points I've got.  She will only use them plugged into the headphone jack of her iPhone.

Thanks,
Chris

Jan 18, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #729 of 822
  Do you guys think the CKR7 would be a decent choice to get my wife for her first IEM?  I can get a pair from Sears for about $20 right now with a bunch of SYW points I've got.  She will only use them plugged into the headphone jack of her iPhone.

Thanks,
Chris

Dude,get CKR9;you won't regret it.There are lots of fakes around,make sure you get the original.

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #730 of 822
  Dude,get CKR9;you won't regret it.There are lots of fakes around,make sure you get the original.

These are for my wife and I doubt she would know the difference.  I'm still pretty happy with my 10 year old Westone UM2.

I decided to go ahead and order the CKR7 so she can try them out.  I'll give them a listen and we'll return them if there's a major problem.  She's using the stock ear buds that came with her iPhone right now so it shouldn't take much to beat them.

-Chris

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #732 of 822
  These are for my wife and I doubt she would know the difference.  I'm still pretty happy with my 10 year old Westone UM2.

I decided to go ahead and order the CKR7 so she can try them out.  I'll give them a listen and we'll return them if there's a major problem.  She's using the stock ear buds that came with her iPhone right now so it shouldn't take much to beat them.

-Chris

Why not give her something that is really good?
beerchug.gif

Jan 19, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #733 of 822

Why not give her something that is really good?
beerchug.gif

What's wrong with the ones I bought?  

This isn't like a present or anything.  I just got her some headphones that I expect to be significantly better than what she is using now.  I mostly decided to get them because of the price after I used about $80 worth of credits and points at Sears.

-Chris

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #734 of 822
Dude,do you think Newsmy A33 a good buy? I am thinking of going for it. Does it have an in-built amp?

Yes Newsmy A33 is definitely a very good buy and the built in amp is powerful enough to drive CKR9-LTD easily.

Jan 19, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #735 of 822
Yes Newsmy A33 is definitely a very good buy and the built in amp is powerful enough to drive CKR9-LTD easily.

Any idea about its impedance? Can it drive 32 ohms earphones or headphones with decent sensitivity loud enough? I guess the CKR9 has a very low impedance and high sensitivity so it shouldn't be a problem even for a mobile or tablet to drive it.Dude,correct me if I am wrong.I don't know much about these things and would love to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back