New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable
Aug 21, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #796 of 958
  This little contraption, called the Boompro by V-MODA should be able to help you out:
http://v-moda.com/boompro-microphone/
   It is like the mod mic, except it actually hooks into the 3.5mm jack on headphones that have detachable cables. The only thing is it might not fit in headphones that have special locking mechanisms..And I'm not sure if the M50x has such a mechanism.

Have any of you M50x users tried the Boompro with your cans?

Yeah the M50x has locking mechanism and a 2.5mm input so it makes it hard to find anything that matches up. 

Another guy found a solution, though it may look tidy with the way he did it.

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #797 of 958
Guys am i crazy or the m50x is a improvement over the old non x m50?
Maybe i am dreamin and to be honest i had the previous m50 about a year ago but i remember not liking them much because of the unnatural highs and lack of mids wich made rock for example sound tiny....

From what i recall, the differences are slight no doubt, but enough to call the m50x a improved headphones over the last m50.... Bass seems to have a bit more impact and having more control/a bit more tight, the mids now seem more forward and the highs are now more natural and much better.... This subtle differences (dont know if its the newer pads) make the m50x in my opinion something closer to a sennheiser hd25 because the sound now seems fuller, with a bit of more resolution.... More fast paced and agressive rock from bands like biffy clyro or billy talent now seems more powerfull (guitars seem much more powerful, with more resolution and not tiny as on the previous m50) just like the hd25....

What do you guys think? Am i crazy? Am i the only one who thinks this?

Cheera...

Sep 6, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #798 of 958
Guys am i crazy or the m50x is a improvement over the old non x m50?
Maybe i am dreamin and to be honest i had the previous m50 about a year ago but i remember not liking them much because of the unnatural highs and lack of mids wich made rock for example sound tiny....

From what i recall, the differences are slight no doubt, but enough to call the m50x a improved headphones over the last m50.... Bass seems to have a bit more impact and having more control/a bit more tight, the mids now seem more forward and the highs are now more natural and much better.... This subtle differences (dont know if its the newer pads) make the m50x in my opinion something closer to a sennheiser hd25 because the sound now seems fuller, with a bit of more resolution.... More fast paced and agressive rock from bands like biffy clyro or billy talent now seems more powerfull (guitars seem much more powerful, with more resolution and not tiny as on the previous m50) just like the hd25....

What do you guys think? Am i crazy? Am i the only one who thinks this?

Cheera...

i think the m50x when i heard them was bassier then my amperiors... i actually don't find the amperiors very bassy at all.

the m50x had deeper bass and seemed fuller as well, not as tight though... but more impactful

with a similar sort of dip in the midrange, but the m50x seems to not sound as "brassy" or thin

the treble is smoother too, with more shimmer

but the amperiors oddly i think because of the tighter bass seemed cleaner, even with the treble spike (which brings a bit too much energy at times)....

Sep 6, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #799 of 958
i think the m50x when i heard them was bassier then my amperiors... i actually don't find the amperiors very bassy at all.

the m50x had deeper bass and seemed fuller as well, not as tight though... but more impactful

with a similar sort of dip in the midrange, but the m50x seems to not sound as "brassy" or thin

the treble is smoother too, with more shimmer

but the amperiors oddly i think because of the tighter bass seemed cleaner, even with the treble spike (which brings a bit too much energy at times)....

The amperiors are a bit different from the hd25.... Less mids, less highs and more bass in my experience... I preferer the hd25 because like the m50x it sounds a tiny bit more agressive.

Yes the amperior is maybe cleaner than the m50x. Although bettee than the previous m50 the m50x still has some king of background tonality (like a whooooom sound).

You prefered the m50x, the over ear momentum or the amperior tommy?

Cheers

Sep 7, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #800 of 958
The amperiors are a bit different from the hd25.... Less mids, less highs and more bass in my experience... I preferer the hd25 because like the m50x it sounds a tiny bit more agressive.

Yes the amperior is maybe cleaner than the m50x. Although bettee than the previous m50 the m50x still has some king of background tonality (like a whooooom sound).

You prefered the m50x, the over ear momentum or the amperior tommy?

Cheers

i haven't heard the hd25s so i can't say about the differences between the amps and them

for me if i had to pick one, i would probably choose the m50x

then the momentums then the amps

not discounting the amps though (they're much more portable) tinier footprint

the m50x has a richer more robust bass response which i find quite nice

the amps are just a bit rough around the edges to me (both in build and sound) but the fact that their still here with me, is saying a lot already =) don't think i'm parting with them (anytime soon anyway)

Sep 13, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #801 of 958

i haven't heard the hd25s so i can't say about the differences between the amps and them

the amps are just a bit rough around the edges to me (both in build and sound) but the fact that their still here with me, is saying a lot already =) don't think i'm parting with them (anytime soon anyway)

Why do you like the m50x more than the momentums and amperiors? Do you think the m50x in terms of sound quality are better and better all rounders?

Sep 15, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #802 of 958

Bought a pair of m50x for me.... :)

Waiting for them to arrive tomorrow. Going to compare them to my dt770 80ohm again.... Going to decide wich one suits me better and after 30 days i will decide if i keep one pf them or both...

Tom between the amperior, m50x and momentum wich did you thought it had better bass, mids and highs?
Also wich in your opinion had more visceral and punchy bass?

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #803 of 958
Guys i need a little help....

When stretching my new m50x i get a click from one of the cups but not on the other.... Also when i flip the cups inside out there is also a click on one sode but noy on yhe other.... Should both sides do the same click? Should i have any clicking sounds on my pair at all?

Whay do you guys think? Do i ask amazon for a replacement?

Here are 2 vids showing the click on one of the sides when i stretch them to put on my head...

https://youtu.be/gy7GmYzyWrQ

https://youtu.be/_MV8dtDA7C0

Sep 17, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #804 of 958

When stretching my new m50x i get a click from one of the cups but not on the other.... Also when i flip the cups inside out there is also a click on one sode but noy on yhe other.... Should both sides do the same click? Should i have any clicking sounds on my pair at all?

Here are 2 vids showing the click on one of the sides when i stretch them to put on my head...

Whether it clicks or not does not matter. If they produce good sound, enjoy em.

Sep 17, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #806 of 958

Hi Pedro,
I have, ATH-M50x they all do these clicks is normal. They are excellent headphones. First they have to be used for 24 to 36 hours and only after that can make a comparison with other headphones.:D

Sep 17, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #807 of 958
Hi Pedro,
I have, ATH-M50x they all do these clicks is normal. They are excellent headphones. First they have to be used for 24 to 36 hours and only after that can make a comparison with other headphones.:D

Thank you very much for your replay solidmusic. I now they have the clicks but is it normal to have clicks on one side an not on the other?

Ive been letting them play during the day... They must be close to 10 hours of burn in now....

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #809 of 958
My left side does click a little more than the right but nothing to worry about. Just enjoy what you have and don't overthink stuff.

I got a bit paranoid that there was a chance I got a fake after seeing all these videos where people folded the M50x and it snapped or clicked loudly but mine didn't do that as much. Then I tried a black one at another headphone store and a white one at AT's showroom in Taiwan, and thought they were a bit more bassy than my own unit (if I recall, mine sounded like that out of the box), though everything else sounded the same. However, it may have just been placebo or due to how I burned mine in (mostly played Daft Punk Random Access Memories at max volume on my iPad overnight for a week).

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #810 of 958
My left side does click a little more than the right but nothing to worry about. Just enjoy what you have and don't overthink stuff.

I got a bit paranoid that there was a chance I got a fake after seeing all these videos where people folded the M50x and it snapped or clicked loudly but mine didn't do that as much. Then I tried a black one at another headphone store and a white one at AT's showroom in Taiwan, and thought they were a bit more bassy than my own unit (if I recall, mine sounded like that out of the box), though everything else sounded the same. However, it may have just been placebo or due to how I burned mine in (mostly played Daft Punk Random Access Memories at max volume on my iPad overnight for a week).

My left earcup when flipped inside out makes a click. The right one does not . The right side only makes a tiny, barely audible click when i stretch the headphones to put them in my head... Ill post another link soon for you guys to see....

I could aleays ask amazon for a replacement... They are aeesome like that... In the end maybe its the best even if the new unit is the same... At least my pickyness goes away and in the end i choose the best one...also my headband has a little lump on bertween the c and a from technica...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back