NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
Oct 7, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #511 of 732
A have a question for ATH-ESW10JPN owners. The instruction says that my ATH-ESW10JPN have 42 ohm impedance and 103 dB/mW SPL. Is it ok? The official site says that the impedance is 45 ohm and the SPL is 102 dB/mW.

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #512 of 732
Well first of all, do you think your headphones sound weird now?

Could it be that there were different batches of the ESW10JPN? I don't think so given the limited edition nature.
Typo on instruction or website? I actually think 42 Ohms is more likely. I barely seen a ATH headphone rated 45 Ohms.

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #513 of 732
  Well first of all, do you think your headphones sound weird now?

Could it be that there were different batches of the ESW10JPN? I don't think so given the limited edition nature.
Typo on instruction or website? I actually think 42 Ohms is more likely. I barely seen a ATH headphone rated 45 Ohms.

1. No. It looks like original (fake vs. original). The sound is as clear as ATH-ES10's one and the sound signature is obviously similar to the measured (1, 2).
2. Possibly. The seller said that the item was from the first batch.
3. Possibly. Or the typo is in the instruction (because 42ohm&103dB/mW is ATH-ESW9's specification).

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #514 of 732
A have a question for ATH-ESW10JPN owners. The instruction says that my ATH-ESW10JPN have 42 ohm impedance and 103 dB/mW SPL. Is it ok? The official site says that the impedance is 45 ohm and the SPL is 102 dB/mW.

Maybe ask in esw10 thread as they might be individually measured actual specs while the web is a general info.
Also not sure why it would matter.
I hope to receive mine soon from another member here, to compare to the esw11 and my esw9.
Thanks for those links as well.

Back on topic I finally recieved my es7 protectors and placed them on my esw11 woodies!

As expected, they dont fully cover the whole cup but look great!:

The only drawback is that you should not peel them off, as they may pull off some finish or surface ink(!)
I saw this happen on my es700 metal cups.
There was a faint shadow of ink lettering on the peeled off protector wich was on for a few months.
Anyway this is still the best way to protect your wood cups from getting scratched!
No way I want my lettering scratched from daily use!

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:18 AM Post #515 of 732
I am looking at these phones for my portable/work setup.
I currently use mad dogs.
My fav headphone I have owned is the lcd2 followed by the hd650.
Does this sound like something I might like?
It anyone has the headphones above, how do these w11ltds compare across the spectrum?

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #516 of 732
I am looking at these phones for my portable/work setup.
I currently use mad dogs.
My fav headphone I have owned is the lcd2 followed by the hd650.
Does this sound like something I might like?
It anyone has the headphones above, how do these w11ltds compare across the spectrum?

I think you will love these with stock pads.
I also think it is an expensive way to go for portable sound excellence.
I also think the limited edition will make it harder soon to get a good deal.
I also think you will like the cheaper esw9 as well, as I have herd some say it had a similar tone to the hd650, but to me the hd650 was more heavier in sound so these esw11 probably best bet.
I also have to say that leakage is low, BUT
Isolation for listener is not that good.
Yet the sound is subtle deep and just engaging.
Sweet creamy detailed sound hard to put down
:)

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #517 of 732
I think you will love these with stock pads.
I also think it is an expensive way to go for portable sound excellence.
I also think the limited edition will make it harder soon to get a good deal.
I also think you will like the cheaper esw9 as well, as I have herd some say it had a similar tone to the hd650, but to me the hd650 was more heavier in sound so these esw11 probably best bet.
I also have to say that leakage is low, BUT
Isolation for listener is not that good.
Yet the sound is subtle deep and just engaging.
Sweet creamy detailed sound hard to put down
:)

Hi Max,
Thanks for your response.
I should have clarified that although these will be my portable headphones, I do 90% of my listening on the go or at work so I guess in theory these would be my main headphones.
How is the bass on these?

Oct 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #518 of 732
You are asking wrong person because there is nothing I can fault on them with the esw9 pads.
so far they are my best portables.
I am really surprised as I didn't expect this to happen with early reviews stating it is on the dull side yet detailed and subtle.

With the esw9 pads they are alive and extremely balanced by having sweet yet neutral mids and smooth trebles.
The bass is large yet even so, more prominent than the ws99 yet not in a pushy way like the es10(titanium) and also more deep and large.
I would say bass and whole spectrum is very defined and balanced.
So the fact that I like them so much over anything else portable I owned yet, makes me a poor candidate to find any faults lol.

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #519 of 732
You are asking wrong person because there is nothing I can fault on them with the esw9 pads.
so far they are my best portables.
I am really surprised as I didn't expect this to happen with early reviews stating it is on the dull side yet detailed and subtle.

With the esw9 pads they are alive and extremely balanced by having sweet yet neutral mids and smooth trebles.
The bass is large yet even so, more prominent than the ws99 yet not in a pushy way like the es10(titanium) and also more deep and large.
I would say bass and whole spectrum is very defined and balanced.
So the fact that I like them so much over anything else portable I owned yet, makes me a poor candidate to find any faults lol.

Thanks for your advice and honesty.
It gets hard to remain subjective when you love a product so much.
I was the same with my LCD's which sadly I had to part with, however to me, they could do no wrong.

I am after as similar sounding headphone as I can get, preferably "on ear" as I wear glasses and getting a good seal is a nightmare.

NIcely details extended bass, lush mids with a smooth treble.

Is that too much to ask for!!?? :p

Alternatively I could use HD650's however I think I may get stabbed on the train or at work.

Scott

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #520 of 732
Alternatively I could use HD650's however I think I may get stabbed on the train or at work.
Scott

Really?, have you took a good look at these sexy reddish smooth wood cups with limited edition script signature of these esw11?(!)
Right now these cans cost about 3times that can lol.
You may have to start getting running shoes and taking a body guard with you to work for these! Haha.

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #521 of 732
Really?, have you took a good look at these sexy reddish smooth wood cups with limited edition script signature of these esw11?(!)
Right now these cans cost about 3times that can lol.
You may have to start getting running shoes and taking a body guard with you to work for these! Haha.

Haha I was more referring to rage from the sound leakage.

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #522 of 732

On the box it will say 45ohm and I believe that maybe correct.
On the instructions it still says 42ohms and my esw10JPN is a more recent batch so it is just prob a typo on the instructions manual.

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #523 of 732
On the box it will say 45ohm and I believe that maybe correct.
On the instructions it still says 42ohms and my esw10JPN is a more recent batch so it is just prob a typo on the instructions manual.

Ok. Thanks.

Oct 10, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #525 of 732
  I haven't seen online sellers having this in stock now.
Anybody know where these are still being sold?

Yes. In 19 shops in my country =). Right now I see that there are 3 units at amazon dot com (USA & Canada?). If you are not from America then you can you use any forwarding service (e.g. shipito).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back