NEW: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW11LTD
Jul 24, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #421 of 732
Quote:
i think Rafa summed it up nicely above.

Though musical memory can be faulty, can you again sight the difference you perceived please Dallan.

I am still on the fence about getting ATH-ESW11, although not being in stock in my local shop prohibits my purchase anyways.

They seemed more balanced and refined to me.  It was in a meet environment but after hearing them i preferred them to the 10's that have always seemed to have a bloated bass to me.  I still like the 10s but hearing the 11 gave me the same general sound signature but tamed bass and maybe more detail.  May just have to do with the way the drivers were voiced/tuned if they indeed use the same driver as the 10s.  I really liked them and was intending to try to buy them but I do already own esw9, es10, Ed8 LE and JH13 all for portable use so some duplication to say the least.  If i can find them for a fair price i will pick a pair up but being limited it may be tough.

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #422 of 732
I am thinking to get a 2nd pair of esw11 for a keeper and going to open it on my old days..
biggrin.gif

Been using it almost every night for the last 5 months. So addicting.
It is funny though first time i auditioned it I really hate the sound. I use dt1350 before these. The sound seems darker and heard the treble rolled off too. But when it is burned in it is a different story. It is not giving high end sound instead really lovable portable sound..
I think this is my end game for portable headphone. Now I am waiting for my tur-06 to come. Can not wait how this going to sound with the amp.

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #425 of 732
Quote:
They seemed more balanced and refined to me.  It was in a meet environment but after hearing them i preferred them to the 10's that have always seemed to have a bloated bass to me.  I still like the 10s but hearing the 11 gave me the same general sound signature but tamed bass and maybe more detail.  May just have to do with the way the drivers were voiced/tuned if they indeed use the same driver as the 10s.  I really liked them and was intending to try to buy them but I do already own esw9, es10, Ed8 LE and JH13 all for portable use so some duplication to say the least.  If i can find them for a fair price i will pick a pair up but being limited it may be tough.

I got to try Dallan's ESW10 and W3000anv at the meet.  I enjoyed both but loved the 3000anv.  

As for the ESW10 vs ESW11.  The 10 was more bassy and the highs felt sharper to me.  I agree with Dallan that the ESW11 sounds more balanced.  From what I remember reading in this thread long ago.  The ESW11 is the same size driver as the 10 but uses a similar driver to the 3000anv.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #426 of 732
I thought the drivers in the ESW11LTD had similarity with the W3000ANV? I am not sure.

Either way I agree that while the ESW11LTD may not be a superior protable. There is "something" that keeps me engaged and listening. Especially the mids..

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #427 of 732
Quote:

I got to try Dallan's ESW10 and W3000anv at the meet.  I enjoyed both but loved the 3000anv.  

As for the ESW10 vs ESW11.  The 10 was more bassy and the highs felt sharper to me.  I agree with Dallan that the ESW11 sounds more balanced.  From what I remember reading in this thread long ago.  The ESW11 is the same size driver as the 10 but uses a similar driver to the 3000anv.

Kevin, I really enjoyed the esw11s yesterday. At the moment I'm thinking about getting one or the esw10jpn's too many portables out there and too lazy to do some research

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #428 of 732
Quote:

Hiyono, just to make sure did you try the ES10 or the ESW10JPN? I'm asking because I don't find the ESW10 to be bassy at all, especially compared to the ESW11 and ES10.

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #430 of 732
Is everyone able to lay down on their bed with this headphone? or is the diameter of the housing too large?

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #433 of 732
Question for those who have the ESW11 and those who have/or have had the ESW10JPN...

Are the leather earpads the same, or at least extremely similar? I ask as from pictures anyway, the pads look extremely similar to each other.

Thought of maybe stacking up on them for my ESW10JPN if that is the case.

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #435 of 732
Quote:
Are these supra or circumaural?
Had the ESW9 before but sold it short after because it was not very comfortable for large periods.

Anyone tried this with the AK120? Thoughts?

All ES/ESW series headphones are Supra-aural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back