NEW AUDIO PHILE
Mar 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #16 of 21
Use them.

Mar 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #17 of 21

Quote:
just got the m-50. love them very good not as much bass as the beats but they are better. Any tips on burning them in?

Just keep them playing music constantly at a medium volume. They will start to sound even better after about 50 hrs or so.

I love my m50's and they do get better with time. They may have less bass than the beats, but you will now have real quality bass and you will soon get used to it. Spend a few weeks with the m50's and then listen to the monsters beats and you should hear that the bass is "deformed"!   

Mar 9, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #18 of 21
I'd be curious to know where the Beyer DT 990 Pro stands in terms of bass compared with the AT M50, Shure 840 etc because my 990 Pro has some quality bass for me, authoritative. Probably not balanced bass but not boring either. In fact for me they do just about everything right. I've had some disappointments with headphones, all of them so far I have felt lacking in some area, but not the DT 990 Pro. For me, much like a song, I build up from the bass. If the bass isn't right then the rest matters not. The treble doesn't bother me in fact I rather like it, I like the wide and involving soundstage, great depth, loving the bass - rather boomy but not exactly 1 note either - kind of a happy medium, mids aren't an issue for me and I honestly cannot tell where the recess lays.

BUT...this isn't intended as a Beyer gush post lol....I am curious as to how other headphones in the same price range stack up in particular areas....in fact my apologies for hijacking the thread. Didn't mean to do that either, I'm just musing! :wink:

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #19 of 21
i went to best buy to check out other cans they had. But i found it funny that their sony xb300s and 500s were gathering dust and other decent cans were gathering dust but they kept restocking the beats. Im thinking of trying the xb500s, i heard they had a ton of bass, but my questions is are the mids and highs still very clear. Best buy doesn't have a show pair so i cant try them out. 

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #20 of 21

Quote:
i went to best buy to check out other cans they had. But i found it funny that their sony xb300s and 500s were gathering dust and other decent cans were gathering dust but they kept restocking the beats. Im thinking of trying the xb500s, i heard they had a ton of bass, but my questions is are the mids and highs still very clear. Best buy doesn't have a show pair so i cant try them out. 

The joys of a 30 day return policy..

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #21 of 21
I now officially hate my beats. i didnt wear them for about a week since i got the audio technicas and the sony xb500. they decided to break when i put them on, guess they didnt like being left behind. i love my m-50s and xb500. when i get my replacement beats im gonna leave them in the box. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back