New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Dec 28, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #11,041 of 11,260
Is there a possibility we could see Audio-gd amps ACSS exclusive? - I mean a limited series could be awesome for those who really love the technology.

(picture of one channel from HE9LE) LINK
1703761977516.png
I see the output of ACSS share the same stage as XLR,RCA, or does it not?
However differently on the inputs?

I just hope I see one with 2x or more ACSS inputs. HE-8 ?

Times are different now. I think Audio-gd has gain popularity enough to make this happen:L3000:

----

The difference between ACSS and XLR is like more pure, and translation of emotions becomes evident on even the cheapest headphone. The better the headphone the closer it gets to the source. It feels like it is another band playing the music.

Even the rythm and timing changes vs XLR.

I would still to this day recommend ACSS over a Masterclock. They may seem like different things, but they effect the same thing for me

Masterclock do make improvement though...I also still recommend it, but first ACSS!
Ask Kingwa. He might be able to add an acss input as custom option.

Dec 29, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #11,043 of 11,260
Audio-gd just released DI-24HE, anyone knows about its improvement? the back panel shows it support 50/75 ohm clock input/output, other than that, anyone has better idea?
There's been a bit of discussion over in the DI-20HE thread, with some insights from @Jandu and @FredA

Quite tempting I must confess for a long time DI-20HE curious Gustard owner...

Something for the 2024 New Year.

http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/DI24HE/DI24HEEN.htm

What's new feature in DI-24HE:
1, Built in 50 and 75 ohm external clock input ports , for compatible with the external clock model output impedance (remove the spdif input feature of the DI-20HE, became the 75 ohm clock input feature ).
2, Built in 10MHz clock generator .The FPGA design the clock processor for reduce the jitter and phase noise, 50 and 75 ohm clock output ports that can work as an external clock , feed the 10MHz signal to the DAC. The clock outputs can switch between internal clock and external clock by user set on the front plate.
3, Fully isolator built in , not only the USB input with isolation, but the external 10MHz clock input with the isolation , through the isolation output connect to the DAC that can reject the power interrupt .
4, All output circuits power supply by pure class A PSU for get the better analog feeling sound, USB interface ,FPGA and clocks power supply by 4 groups DC serve power supply and 5 group ultra speed linear PSUs.

Dec 30, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #11,046 of 11,260
I've got my Tubulus Concentus clock cable.
Eventhough I have a budget clock, a Morion, the difference is easy to detect.
More resolution is there for sure. Not a huge change, but a noticeable one
Another step to audio nirvana. Expensive, but I believe worthwile.
Nice. When you upgrade the Morion, you'll be happy to have it. I bought a second one for my Chinese streamer. Was worth it, i would never have thought.

Dec 30, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #11,047 of 11,260
Nice. When you upgrade the Morion, you'll be happy to have it. I bought a second one for my Chinese streamer. Was worth it, i would never have thought.
Well, the only problem is that to make a good upgrade I think it will request to spend more than two grand as I'm not sure if the OCK-2 clock will be much better than the Morion. I'm kind of tired of spending.

Dec 30, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #11,048 of 11,260
Well, the only problem is that to make a good upgrade I think it will request to spend more than two grand as I'm not sure if the OCK-2 clock will be much better than the Morion. I'm kind of tired of spending.
LOL. Me too. I am an upgrade addict. Power tweaks brought more to my setup than the afterdark. But upgrading in a different order could lead to a different conclusion. Those upgrade were not cheap either. My main conclusion is noise can enter from anywhere /everywhere and that it's the main enemy to great sound.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #11,050 of 11,260
This is what I love about the HIFI Rose R130 streamer. The total isolation. Pure fiber for Ethernet and pure fiber / isolation for USB including external DAC and external SSD with the RSA720 fiber usb hub. Total noise isolation.

Jan 1, 2024 at 4:17 AM Post #11,054 of 11,260
I checked all sorts of digital inputs today (USB/AES/Optical) - all have the same issue. With AES/Optical I was able to use the fixed output setting on both the streamer and the Node X streamer so I've ruled that out sources as an issue. Only thing to do now is to burn it in and see what happens. Confident given the issue if I sent it back to Audio-GD they would fix it or give me a replacement - but it's Christmas, and I will be patient. Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Edit: No I am not using any power conditioner. I thought at first that it could be a current issue - as in not enough power? But then I put everything else on a powerboard, and the DAC straight into the wall but that hasn't changed anything.

Further Edit: I have tried changing powercables. I was using the upgraded power cable that I bought from Audio-GD. I used the standard one that also came with the DAC and there was no change.

Thanks for all the ideas for troubleshooting, I'm quite confident I've tried everything now and it is not user error.

Just an update - I worked through this issue with the retailer (Stars Audio Library in Malaysia) and they diagnosed the problem. As best I can explain it, the output signal from the DAC was too strong for my pre-amp (Yamaha C-5000) causing distortion. There is a -6dB attenuator on the pre-amp which I toggled, and this fixed the problem - now I can finally hear the DAC. No first impressions, but looking forward to exploring now that the immediate problem was fixed.

Jan 1, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #11,055 of 11,260
Just an update - I worked through this issue with the retailer (Stars Audio Library in Malaysia) and they diagnosed the problem. As best I can explain it, the output signal from the DAC was too strong for my pre-amp (Yamaha C-5000) causing distortion. There is a -6dB attenuator on the pre-amp which I toggled, and this fixed the problem - now I can finally hear the DAC. No first impressions, but looking forward to exploring now that the immediate problem was fixed.
I should have thought about this. Thanks for letting us know. Enjoy your dac!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back