New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Aug 8, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #10,546 of 11,266
Including his video on how manufacturers use measurements to deceive people? Have you actually seen any of his reviews, or did you just see the analyser and react?
He has a maschine thats telling him what to hear.

...anyways when will you review the DI20HE? - the replacement for your mscaler

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #10,547 of 11,266
Aug 8, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #10,548 of 11,266
No, he doesn't. Go and read or watch his reviews. You don't even know what his main DAC is.

Not the same kind of device.
I dare you to the challange. dave and mscaler vs AGD-R2R/di20he maybe + master clock

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #10,549 of 11,266
I dare you to the challange. dave and mscaler vs AGD-R2R/di20he maybe + master clock
I think you guys are in violent agreement- read his post again :wink:

Aug 8, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #10,550 of 11,266
Aug 8, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #10,552 of 11,266
Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #10,553 of 11,266
the smsl d400ex works very well with the agd he9 mk2 btw. Absolute magic. Can't say the same for other DS dacs, but the d400ex is something good. Just wanna put that out there. Borrowed a friends zen streamer also su6 ddc. to my ears than going direct from my tablet to d400ex, all sound fantastic via streamer, ddc or direct. Saves space too. Probably a tube amp will next on my list for different sound coloration and the zmf caldera

Aug 8, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #10,554 of 11,266
Useful and interesting feature of AGD dacs switching from NOS to OS2, OS4, OS8.
The last few months I mostly used the OS8 mode. Seemed better instrument separation, better sound stage and a brighter. But a little bit analitical, the edges is rounded. Anyway the OS8 suited better to my speakers.

Meantime I did some changing: AC power, digital and analog cables, power supply for the router.
Now I switched back to NOS.
More organic, natural and bass is better. If the speakers would be more detailed, I would hear more difference.

I start to feel that my Usher speakers is not able to give the details that AGD chain is able to reproduce. A 3500 USD speaker is not good enough to my AGD chain.
Any experience with speakers?

Aug 8, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #10,555 of 11,266
The last few months I mostly used the OS8 mode. Seemed better instrument separation, better sound stage and a brighter. But a little bit analitical, the edges is rounded. Anyway the OS8 suited better to my speakers.

Meantime I did some changing: AC power, digital and analog cables, power supply for the router.
More organic, natural and bass is better. If the speakers would be more detailed, I would hear more difference.

I start to feel that my Usher speakers is not able to give the details that AGD chain is able to reproduce. A 3500 USD speaker is not good enough to my AGD chain.
Pricerange? - for speakers

Aug 8, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #10,556 of 11,266
Pricerange? - for speakers
About 10k USD.
I wonder whitch speaker fits the best to AGD chain.
Anybody had tried the Magneplanars? Master 3 power amp can drive them properly, I think.

Aug 8, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #10,557 of 11,266
About 10k USD.
I wonder whitch speaker fits the best to AGD chain.
Anybody had tried the Magneplanars? Master 3 power amp can drive them properly, I think.
You could write to Kingwa and ask. He loves to talk hifi with his customers :)

Aug 9, 2023 at 1:27 AM Post #10,558 of 11,266
Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #10,559 of 11,266

If you listen very analytical and solely for details and technicality - I don´t think AGD is a forgiving sound. Everything comes through, with pure balance. I would get a pro monitor(mid field). 3 way one that could handle the technicalities. Definitly active

If you are looking for space saving(small room) get a good pro 3way. If I ever had the room and freedom to play out loud I would audition these:

Genelec 1237APM

ATC SCM25A Pro Mk2​

No doubt between those two my assumption for the win is ATC as they make great AB amps. They make everything in UK but the casing/housing is from a european country if I remember correctly. That mid tweeter can blow minds, be prepared. I had the ATC SCM40A and I never forget. Same price range, if I would ever have a speaker again I would try the Pros of ATC.

Im saying it again. AGD is a little far ahead of my endgame sound. It gets too good. Only headphone that can manage to deliver 99-100% is Susvara in Hifiman series, nothing under. I understand when you say you want a speaker that can handle your chain, because it looks really good in the signature.

ATC makes very unforgiving speakers, even their consumer speakers that are sealed, the ones I have owned(SCM7, 11, 19, 40A). I have not tried the speaker I am recommending btw.
____
EDIT: I forgot to mention, because Im not impressed with any of their headphones, but studio monitors they are pretty good at. They also make most of their things inhouse afaik.

Focal Trio11 Be Red Burr Ash

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #10,560 of 11,266

Users who are viewing this thread

Back