New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Nov 30, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #9,421 of 11,260
This is just a thought.

Im wondering why kingwa is not changing his sales strategy. All the highend units is seriously too big, Im not gonna lie.

He should split the highend in dac and power supply,(2 units) same with the amps. Sell two units with proprietary power cable and connectors....

This will give a much more highend experience. Im seriously in a little doubt because of the sizes R8HE/R7HE.

Nov 30, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #9,422 of 11,260
Im wondering why kingwa is not changing his sales strategy. All the highend units is seriously too big, Im not gonna lie.

If you look at most high end gear it is large. The reason is big transformers, shielding, cooling, and correct layout take space. There is no way around it.

He should split the highend in dac and power supply,(2 units) same with the amps. Sell two units with proprietary power cable and connectors....

Nobody wants that....

Nov 30, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #9,423 of 11,260
If you look at most high end gear it is large. The reason is big transformers, shielding, cooling, and correct layout take space. There is no way around it.

Nobody wants that....
I would seriously like a seperate/psu considering the RH7HE mk2. But yeah its a preference.

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #9,424 of 11,260
I would seriously like a seperate/psu considering the RH7HE mk2. But yeah its a preference.
That will wind up taking more space than having them in one enclosure. It will cost more, it will be heavier. The only possible benefit is that it will stack.

If you keep pushing this idea, and perish the thought, it ever happened, you will have started new wars over which power cable interconnects sound best. And it won't stop there. Well, this power cable is better with the R8, but this other one sounded way better with the R7.

1669835665839.png

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #9,425 of 11,260
haha! I see your point! But still stacking upwards would be easier.

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #9,427 of 11,260
Stacking upwards is good for space but introduces more noise intrusion unless there's thick aluminum walls between components.

There also may be a heat issue as the transformers would need to be on the bottom.

Nov 30, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #9,428 of 11,260

No it wouldn't. Right now the format is perfect for normal stereo shelving and even studio racks with shelves. If you have two pieces, now you need two shelves instead of one.

Dec 1, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #9,430 of 11,260
That does not look like a separate power supply. It looks like a separate controller and preamp.

Dec 1, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #9,432 of 11,260
So just want to catch up because theres alot of discussion beyond my comprehension, is the consensus for the ock-2 a go or no go?
A few OCK-2 users on this thread. The 2's little brother OCK-1 is outstanding. From the spec sheet differences the OCK-2 should be better by 5dB/hz at 1hz. More reports next few weeks perhaps but these clocks take several weeks to run in. Just in time for AliExpress December holiday sales and lowest prices.

I know one person who has OCK-1 and OCK-2 and he says the OCK-2 with his Audio GD equipment has better bass definition. Effortless and laid-back feeling. Biggest difference is bass quality.

We talk a lot on this thread about 10M clocks. Because they have a profound affect on sound quality of Audio GD DACs and DI-20.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #9,433 of 11,260
A few OCK-2 users on this thread. The 2's little brother OCK-1 is outstanding. From the spec sheet differences the OCK-2 should be better by 5dB/hz at 1hz. More reports next few weeks perhaps but these clocks take several weeks to run in. Just in time for AliExpress December holiday sales and lowest prices.

I know one person who has OCK-1 and OCK-2 and he says the OCK-2 with his Audio GD equipment has better bass definition. Effortless and laid-back feeling. Biggest difference is bass quality.

We talk a lot on this thread about 10M clocks. Because they have a profound affect on sound quality of Audio GD DACs and DI-20.
Well i definitely fall into that category as i have all audio-gd gear at this point.

Looks like the ock2 is in store for me in the future.

Dec 1, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #9,434 of 11,260
Well i definitely fall into that category as i have all audio-gd gear at this point.

Looks like the ock2 is in store for me in the future.
Feels like it's time to petition Kingwa to come out with his own clock. I mean, why break your perfect record :wink:

Dec 1, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #9,435 of 11,260
I got my OCK2 today. It is burning in now.
I have a C18, my initial feeling is OCK2 slightly better than C18. This I will need more listening to confirm again.
The scenario is I listen to the Beethoven Symphonies from 1 to 5 non-stop and feel very pleasant to continue until finishing the whole album.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back