New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Jun 17, 2022 at 12:47 PM Post #8,749 of 11,282
Hello guys
This is a little bit out of topic, but regarding Aliexpress gems.

I've just got this cable (0.5m long) to replace a 1m regular BNC cable that was feeding my HE-7 from my Morion:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKMoICQ

It made a noticeably difference for about 30 bucks including shipping.

More analog and better 3D soundstage.

Only mind that it's pretty stiff to handle.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #8,750 of 11,282
Hello guys
This is a little bit out of topic, but regarding Aliexpress gems.

I've just got this cable (0.5m long) to replace a 1m regular BNC cable that was feeding my HE-7 from my Morion:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKMoICQ

It made a noticeably difference for about 30 bucks including shipping.

More analog and better 3D soundstage.

Only mind that it's pretty stiff to handle.
What other cables did you compare it to?

Jun 17, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #8,751 of 11,282
What other cables did you compare it to?
Just a regular unbranded RG400 that cost me about $10.

Maybe any cable can outperform a regular RG400 :beyersmile:

But for $30 it's a bargain for me.

The Morion seller told me that I shouldn't expect big changes in SQ with different cables, so I wasn't expecting much. I was wrong.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #8,752 of 11,282
Just a regular unbranded RG400 that cost me about $10.

Maybe any cable can outperform a regular RG400 :beyersmile:

But for $30 it's a bargain for me.

The Morion seller told me that I shouldn't expect big changes in SQ with different cables, so I wasn't expecting much. I was wrong.
I was using a regular RG58, then it got bettered by a Shure 50 Ohm coax, and this one was bettered by a cable purchased directly to Cybershaft. As I need a 1.5m cable, was not able to compare with the red cable from AfterDark.

Jun 18, 2022 at 3:46 AM Post #8,753 of 11,282
Jun 18, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #8,754 of 11,282
I was using a regular RG58, then it got bettered by a Shure 50 Ohm coax, and this one was bettered by a cable purchased directly to Cybershaft. As I need a 1.5m cable, was not able to compare with the red cable from AfterDark.

Well, after several of us having a very good experience with a chinese pure silver HDMI and having myself also a nice experience with other budget chinese cables, I'm not sure anymore about spending the asking price of "audiophile" cable brands.

For instance, I bought a pair of budget chinese RCA cables that I prefer over a very well known US brand RCA cables that costed me almost 10 times more. Now I bought some chinese power cords to see how they compare with another well known US brand power cords.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #8,756 of 11,282
How much better is the Nimak 7?

Hi Fred. I haven't A/B among them as I want to keep Nimak 5 in "brand new" condition. It is still in the original plastic wrap sent by Dubravko.

Jun 19, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #8,757 of 11,282
I'm curious if the new incarnation of R8HE (Mk2) got any closer to R7HE Mk2 in terms of SQ. Has anyone got a chance to A/B the two?

Just got a word from Kingwa that in NOS mode the two DACs are virtually the same, there is a slight difference in OS modes in terms of transparency... In this regard, I wonder if there are many users that prefer OS to NOS both for R8HE and R7HE..?

As an owner of R28 I mostly prefer NOS as it sounds more natural to my ears.. But I'm a bit concerned that R8HE (that provides better value for money and is currently my preferred option) could turn out to be too warm in terms of sound signature and I will have to opt for OS, which is inferior to R7HE..

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #8,758 of 11,282
Hi guys,

Not sure it is the right place to post. I am interested in upgrading my R7HE/DI-20HE/Mutec Ref10 to other DACs. My targets are Holo May KTE, Rockna Wavedream and Mystique X.

I am actually happy with my AGD combo but the curiosity keeps popping up. Is there anyone have experience or comment to share? I just want to know whether it is worth upgrading in terms of price/SQ.

It will mostly for headphones including HE6, 1266 TC and Susvara to name a few. I don't need any fancy features like MQA, etc.

Thank you.

Jun 24, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #8,759 of 11,282
I "like" this forum.. it's like talking to yourself online.. Nobody bothers to respond from their audiophile heaven.. unless you talk about external clocks and some other hi end toys..

Jun 24, 2022 at 4:32 AM Post #8,760 of 11,282
I "like" this forum.. it's like talking to yourself online.. Nobody bothers to respond from their audiophile heaven.. unless you talk about external clocks and some other hi end toys..

Just be patient.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back