New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Dec 8, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #8,027 of 11,368
Hi guys,
I'm wonder how huge difference between r8 mk2 and r7he mk2? It's 3 times more expensive and last one is out of stock in my country...
I'm looking for a pair to my new HE9 amp+lcd4. Current DAC is Exogal comet....don't want be on same level in case of change DAC and looking on next level...
There is probably not a huge difference. And nobody is going to say it's 3 times better.

It comes down to whether you don't care about value, and you have the money to spend, and you want the best you can get. Or if you want the best value (maybe worth considering the R7 MK2) in that case although the R8 MK2 might still get the edge on value for the money.

And with the HE you have to consider the heat generated. If you have lousy electrical power the HE makes sense.

All these units are heavy and much larger than your Exogal, so make sure you have enough room for the gear and ventilation if you get the HE.

Dec 8, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #8,028 of 11,368
Kingwa is a true genius, his products work so well - even entry models - and his prices are really fair.
I would like to see Kingwa make loudspeakers again.
I'm liking your post because you called Kingwa a genius and said the prices are fair, not because I want him to make loudspeakers.

Dec 8, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #8,029 of 11,368
There is probably not a huge difference. And nobody is going to say it's 3 times better.

It comes down to whether you don't care about value, and you have the money to spend, and you want the best you can get. Or if you want the best value (maybe worth considering the R7 MK2) in that case although the R8 MK2 might still get the edge on value for the money.

And with the HE you have to consider the heat generated. If you have lousy electrical power the HE makes sense.

All these units are heavy and much larger than your Exogal, so make sure you have enough room for the gear and ventilation if you get the HE.
Thank You. Never thought on this one but I have to put DAC on AMP or vice verse.... may be something between them to have more air for ventilation...

Dec 8, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #8,030 of 11,368
Got and R1 and R7HE. The R7HE is of course better but it's not night and day.
I could live with the R1. But the R7HE brings a little something (more texture, hard to describe). To me it was worth it because I can listen for very long times and I'm fairly picky.
Kingwa used to build loudspeakers :) I'm sure they were amazing as well.

Dec 8, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #8,032 of 11,368
Got and R1 and R7HE. The R7HE is of course better but it's not night and day.
I could live with the R1. But the R7HE brings a little something (more texture, hard to describe). To me it was worth it because I can listen for very long times and I'm fairly picky.
Kingwa used to build loudspeakers :) I'm sure they were amazing as well.
I would not venture into this if i were him. Kingwa is already very busy.
have a guy offered r7he more expensive than mk2 and he stands on best technician realisation of mk1... MK2 has been made for cost reduction.
He also noted mk1 has clock input ... I thought it's made in mk2 only...
The mkii costs less to make but has a better layout. I heard the 2019 r7he (without clock input) and the mkii is even better. Not by miles unless i use the external clock. I would go mkii. Or with the 2021 version if the price is right. Not for more money, no way.

The mkii runs cooler, this should be considered as well.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #8,034 of 11,368
With the latest fw update, the mkii has simply incredible staging and definition. Much like a Sabre dac but with better timbres and transcients. This and the new ribbon speaker cables i got. The ext clock makes an even bigger difference now. The old recordings still are great, even better. You would not believe how good they can sound really. The ribbon cables help with these too.

Dec 9, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #8,036 of 11,368
Kingwa just released this m9 variation good for 14W(!) @40ohm, which can drive speakers as well (70W@8ohm). Two 300W toroidals transfos and sufficient power caps are featured to allow driving pretty difficult speaker loads.

For those owning power-hungry headphones, this is interesting.

http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master9P/Master9PAEN.htm
A power amp looks like an integrated amp? But actually a power amp with headphone outputs. An interesting product.

Dec 10, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #8,039 of 11,368
Hi ,,
is there any Comparison , Feedback or Review between the
(HE-7 MK2 / Master-7 MK2) with PCM1704UK chip and (R-7HE MK2 / R-7 MK2) with R2R ladder DAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back