New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Apr 24, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #6,976 of 11,260
Apr 24, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #6,979 of 11,260
I'm currently using the RH7-HE2021 with a Linn / Naim combo. Works super great (passive setup). The R7HE is amazing !
Wondering what it would give with ATC SCM100/150 Active :)
I'm 100% sure Audio-GD preamp / amps are amazing but an ATC Active setup could also be amazing too...
Someone I know personally auditioned the ATC scm100aslt with Rockna Wavedream multiple times and was ready to buy. Then he listened to the Hulgich Duke once with HE1 + Master M2H and said it was way better.

It might be very hard to get a pair of Hulgich Duke unless you live in Australia, Europe or China, but the point is you can't have great sound without great components. And Audio-GD was part of that.

Audio-GD will do justice to any ATC.

Apr 25, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #6,980 of 11,260
Mine is arriving on Monday if all goes as planned. I am impatient
Waiting for your impressions.

Anyway, I just ordered the LP1HE, HE1, HE2 MK2 today before the HE2 promotion ending. It will take at least 2 month leadtime now. I hope the full HE setup will be my game end, I have never stopped the upgrade during the last 10 years but my DAC was always Audio GD. Now is the time to sit down and enjoy the music.

The next project is trying to sell my McIntosh c500 and mc501 with a better price.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Apr 25, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #6,981 of 11,260

Anyway, I just ordered the LP1HE, HE1, HE2 MK2 today before the HE2 promotion ending. It will take at least 2 month leadtime now. I hope the full HE setup will be my game end, I have never stopped the upgrade during the last 10 years but my DAC was always Audio GD. Now is the time to sit down and enjoy the music.

The next project is trying to sell my McIntosh c500 and mc501 with a better price.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks man. From the heart, really. The shock to my bank account looks much better in context :D

"But there's this other guy on headfi who just bought..."

:p

Apr 25, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #6,982 of 11,260
By the way, I just ordered an UpTone EtherREGEN based on the amazing reports I could gather here and there...which I’ll power via an LPS.
should arrive end of May as currently out of stock

I have an EtherREGEN and it makes a notabel SQ improvement.

Apr 25, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #6,984 of 11,260
More than happy to discover soon, and I’m supposing it will improve my Qobuz streaming SQ, as I can already notice major differences from locally stored music from LMS versus streamed one from Qobuz as the NIC is constantly working while streaming...
A reason is probably different. Streaming content is heavily watermarked. It has to survive compression, it is why is audible.

Apr 25, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #6,985 of 11,260

This a big investment but end-game material indeed.

I hope the new clock will improve the sound, but i can’t asked for much more. My setup is already fantastic. Totally addictive. The clock will replace a very good Morion mv89. No complaint about this ebay clock. When you connect it on both the di20he and r7he, soundstaging/imaging gets to the next level. Once i got a r7he with a 10M input, the external clock became mandatory.

You HE amplification should have a finesse you rarely heard. You will just have to be patient with the burn-in. I remember my m3 sounded dead for weeks. The dynamics take time.

Apr 25, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #6,986 of 11,260
I have the R7HE21. I don't feel the need for external clock. Kingwa told me with the R7HE21 you need an external clock at price over >$4500 to get a little improvement.
The R7HE21 is truly amazing, totally addictive.
I use it with USB Input with Daphile.

Apr 25, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #6,987 of 11,260
I have the R7HE21. I don't feel the need for external clock. Kingwa told me with the R7HE21 you need an external clock at price over >$4500 to get a little improvement.
The R7HE21 is truly amazing, totally addictive.
I use it with USB Input with Daphile.
You need a quality clock indeed. But i disagree. You can get a clock under 1k that will make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back