New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Sep 26, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #6,094 of 11,305
What if I plug everything into a PS power plant?
I emailed Kingwa with that exact question. As I have the PS Audio P10.
He said, that I do not need the HE versions. Just the standard R7 or R8 and etc for his product line.

Sep 29, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #6,095 of 11,305
wow even KWa conceded HE wasn't a fit for @elricofchaos72
I started on page 404 of this book looking for a consensus on 2HE or !2HE.
Some stuff I like to leave on 24x7, but if that drastically shortens the lifespan of an HE unit then I'll have to warm up to the idea of shutting down before bed time. If an R7 has been on for a month, how long must an R7HE warm up before it overtakes the R7?

I've been on a r2r7 for the last 3 years and it still checks all my boxes. But the USD is shaky and I should probably take a stronger position in ladder dacs and pork bellies.

Sep 29, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #6,096 of 11,305
HE units don't need very long to sound good. I have the latest transfomer specs which do not need to be powered down after half a day , but there is no reason to leave my gear on all the time either. IMO SQ is very good and consistent within half an hour from cold start with the HE units, vs my old Master-11S which benefitted from being left powered on all day before I get back from work for nighttime listening.

Oct 1, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #6,097 of 11,305
I got the R2R-11 recently and now I'm slobbering over pictures of the HE DACs. Really impressed with Audio-gd service also. Transaction was great.

Now I have to read 400 pages in this thread :frowning2:

Oct 6, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #6,099 of 11,305
The R7 has been in the market for a few years already.
Is there any post-R7 flagship is coming up?
Plan to buy a DAC flagship from Kingwa, want to know there will be any new DAC coming in the near future.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #6,100 of 11,305
Hi all ,,
i have a question , i am connecting the R7 to the master 9 through the ACSS cable and connecting another amp to the XLR ,
the other amp will not work unless i change the M9 input , is this normal ?

Oct 6, 2020 at 8:22 AM Post #6,101 of 11,305
Hi all ,,
i have a question , i am connecting the R7 to the master 9 through the ACSS cable and connecting another amp to the XLR ,
the other amp will not work unless i change the M9 input , is this normal ?

I am assuming the question is on M9:
M9 should select which input sources you are using. For example, CD, phone, etc. In this case ACSS or xlr.

You have to pick input 1, 3 (both xlr) or 5 (acss)

If your question is on the other preamp, both should work

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #6,102 of 11,305
I am assuming the question is on M9:
M9 should select which input sources you are using. For example, CD, phone, etc. In this case ACSS or xlr.

You have to pick input 1, 3 (both xlr) or 5 (acss)

If your question is on the other preamp, both should work

Thanks , my concern is the dac not the amp , if the (master 9) is put on the (IN5) my other amp (which is connected to the R7 xlr ) will not get any signal from the R7 DAC unless i switch the input of the Master 9 to any other input or switch it off , which means i cant play 2 amps at the same time, (and that is specific to the ACSS/any other connection only)

does anybody facing this issue ?

i contacted AudioGD and here there response which i didnt understand

===============
Dear ,
If the Master 9 power on and select the DAC for working, the EF6 can work at same time.
If the Master 9 power off or turn to other input channel, its short input short the signal cause the EF6 no sound.
Kingwa
===============
i assume the EF6 is an amp ?

Oct 6, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #6,103 of 11,305
Thanks , my concern is the dac not the amp , if the (master 9) is put on the (IN5) my other amp (which is connected to the R7 xlr ) will not get any signal from the R7 DAC unless i switch the input of the Master 9 to any other input or switch it off , which means i cant play 2 amps at the same time, (and that is specific to the ACSS/any other connection only)

does anybody facing this issue ?

i contacted AudioGD and here there response which i didnt understand

===============
Dear ,
If the Master 9 power on and select the DAC for working, the EF6 can work at same time.
If the Master 9 power off or turn to other input channel, its short input short the signal cause the EF6 no sound.
Kingwa
===============
i assume the EF6 is an amp ?

Both the ACSS output and the RCA outputs from the DAC are outputting all the time, feeds to both pre amp should be available at all time. I have not tried the XLR and ACSS at the same time, so I cannot confirm this one.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #6,104 of 11,305
The R7 has been in the market for a few years already.
Is there any post-R7 flagship is coming up?
Plan to buy a DAC flagship from Kingwa, want to know there will be any new DAC coming in the near future.
R-7 is now updated to the 2020 version, so I wouldn't expect anything new. If you don't have a common regenerative power supply in your system, R-7HE will be a significant upgrade. It also comes as a new 2020 version.

Oct 6, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #6,105 of 11,305
Based on a discussion* over e-mail with Kingwa about either getting an R-7HE with two ACSS outputs (to connect to both an HE-1 and HE-9), or possibly just to an HE-1 over ACSS (as speaker listening takes priority for me) and to an HE-9 or Master 9 over XLR, I thought he had said that the DAC will only output over one type of balanced output at a time, based on what it senses is on the receiving end.

*I could absolutely be incorrect, as this was many moons ago.

By the way, while we're on the subject, he 100% did say that they recommend only outputting through ACSS to one unit at a time for optimum sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back