New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Mar 17, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #11,176 of 11,260
Appreciate all that info. I'm not trying to add anything to the system. For me the idea is to to the most with the least amount of components. I don't want the Preamp/headphone amp to be separate from the DAC in the speaker room. That system sounds amazing though. I love my HE9LE.
Did not remember you had one. I have no experience with combo except the original r28. Going with the r27 mk2 is the logical move if you AC wave is clean. Otherwise, go RE or HE. But they both will run hotter, especially the RE.

Mar 17, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #11,178 of 11,260
Did not remember you had one. I have no experience with combo except the original r28. Going with the r27 mk2 is the logical move if you AC wave is clean. Otherwise, go RE or HE. But they both will run hotter, especially the RE.
That’s what I’m thinking.

I’ve got a headphone corner of my office where the HE9LE and Yggi OG lives. That’s where I do the serious headphone stuff when I need an escape. I I also work so much on my desk that I wanted the R28NOS on my desk to get some of the audio GD R2R magic in a “smaller” size, that’s why I want it back there and out of my speaker room. It compliments the delta sigma dac amp I have on my desk very well.

I’ll most likely just do the R27mk2 in my speaker room so I can have amazing headphone options there too. I was actually thinking about just getting a second R28NOS for the speaker room because it sounds so good but I figured while I’m at it I might as well see what’s one step up. The dac/amp/preams audio-gd make are so so so good it’s just crazy.

Mar 18, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #11,180 of 11,260
I have not been able to take my headphones off the whole day:L3000: The effect is soo great I agree, however I don´t see the DI20HE as the "normal" DDC:ksc75smile: - It is much more special for me.

Where did you plant that Teradak? - LAN - WAN
The Teradak is right before the streamer, in the "clean site" LAN.

Mar 18, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #11,181 of 11,260
Mar 18, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #11,182 of 11,260
I tried but this showed up:

This member limits who may view their full profile.
Hmm. It does not show signature under my posts?

Mar 18, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #11,184 of 11,260
Hmm. It does not show signature under my posts?
not at my end, maybe I should change setting...

but I wanted to look up your ABOUT and in order to do that I have to click on your name first and that didn't work.

Mar 18, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #11,186 of 11,260
How does Yggi compare to

How does Yggi compare to R28NOS?
Thx
For headphones I cannot help you. I have never hooked up the Yggi to the headphone amp section of the R28NOS to test the internal R28NOS dac and the Yggi. With speakers though when I still did have the Schiit Kara as a preamp, I hooked up the Yggi for a few days to my gaming/tv/music set up then I hooked up the R28NOS to the Kara for the same use and the Yggi was easily an entire couple levels above the dac section of the R28NOS, it was obvious within seconds. Everything we love on speakers, soundstage, instrument placement, dynamics, all of it was way better on the Yggi. I still LOVE the R28NOS for speaker set up. That is what is on my speaker room right now. The preamp out on the R28NOS in fact is so good and the Schiit Kara is so transparent (props for shiit for making a great preamp) that I sold the Kara and just have the R28NOS as the dac/preamp for my speaker amps. The only comparison one can really do between the Shiit Yggi and the R28NOS is of course comparing the dac section only and yes the Yggi is on a whole other level for me when compared to the dac section of the R28NOS. It's almost unfair to compare the two.

That said, in my nicer headphone listening zone I do have the Yggi hooked up to the Audio-GD HE9LE. That combo is wild. That is the closest comparison I can do for headphones for the R28NOS but the problem here is that both the dac and amp in this comparison is far batter than the dac and amp combined to make the R28NOS. In the Yggi HE9LE combo the soundstage is so realistic and open in all directions that i sounds like it is showing me parts of the rooms in which the recondings were recorded. There is a dimenstionality to old songs I have listened to for years that I have never heard before. Its like I can hear the artists in the room almost. The R28NOS in all its awesomeness doesn't do that for me, not even close. For a time I did have the Audio-GD - R7 MK2 dac connected to the HE9LE. That was fantastic but I still like the Yggi OG connected to the HE9LE better. It's not because I like the Schiit house sound better than the Audio GD house sound. I don't. It's the specific synnergy between the Tggi OG and HE9-LE that I love. I had the Bifrost 2/64 connected to the Schiit kara and that was rad and fun but the R28NOS in place of the Bifrost 2/64 + Kara is WAY more realistic and organic and that's what I want for my speakers.

Mar 18, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #11,187 of 11,260
For headphones I cannot help you. I have never hooked up the Yggi to the headphone amp section of the R28NOS to test the internal R28NOS dac and the Yggi. With speakers though when I still did have the Schiit Kara as a preamp, I hooked up the Yggi for a few days to my gaming/tv/music set up then I hooked up the R28NOS to the Kara for the same use and the Yggi was easily an entire couple levels above the dac section of the R28NOS, it was obvious within seconds. Everything we love on speakers, soundstage, instrument placement, dynamics, all of it was way better on the Yggi. I still LOVE the R28NOS for speaker set up. That is what is on my speaker room right now. The preamp out on the R28NOS in fact is so good and the Schiit Kara is so transparent (props for shiit for making a great preamp) that I sold the Kara and just have the R28NOS as the dac/preamp for my speaker amps. The only comparison one can really do between the Shiit Yggi and the R28NOS is of course comparing the dac section only and yes the Yggi is on a whole other level for me when compared to the dac section of the R28NOS. It's almost unfair to compare the two.

That said, in my nicer headphone listening zone I do have the Yggi hooked up to the Audio-GD HE9LE. That combo is wild. That is the closest comparison I can do for headphones for the R28NOS but the problem here is that both the dac and amp in this comparison is far batter than the dac and amp combined to make the R28NOS. In the Yggi HE9LE combo the soundstage is so realistic and open in all directions that i sounds like it is showing me parts of the rooms in which the recondings were recorded. There is a dimenstionality to old songs I have listened to for years that I have never heard before. Its like I can hear the artists in the room almost. The R28NOS in all its awesomeness doesn't do that for me, not even close. For a time I did have the Audio-GD - R7 MK2 dac connected to the HE9LE. That was fantastic but I still like the Yggi OG connected to the HE9LE better. It's not because I like the Schiit house sound better than the Audio GD house sound. I don't. It's the specific synnergy between the Tggi OG and HE9-LE that I love. I had the Bifrost 2/64 connected to the Schiit kara and that was rad and fun but the R28NOS in place of the Bifrost 2/64 + Kara is WAY more realistic and organic and that's what I want for my speakers.
Wow. Great post.

I don't know to what extent things improve with the r28nos, but using a di20he on the r2r 11 mkii brings it to a whole new level, as far as res, depth and staging. An another significant upgrade is obtained with an external clock on the di20he. It is as good as a 3k dac with both IMO. Perhaps better.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #11,189 of 11,260
Wow. Great post.

I don't know to what extent things improve with the r28nos, but using a di20he on the r2r 11 mkii brings it to a whole new level, as far as res, depth and staging. An another significant upgrade is obtained with an external clock on the di20he. It is as good as a 3k dac with both IMO. Perhaps better.
I use a Matrix SPDIF 3 from my computer in my office to connect to everything on my desk. I still have not been able to tell if I personally can hear the differences between having a device like that or not but I like it. It makes things easier.

Mar 18, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #11,190 of 11,260
I use a Matrix SPDIF 3 from my computer in my office to connect to everything on my desk. I still have not been able to tell if I personally can hear the differences between having a device like that or not but I like it. It makes things easier.
It is highly dependent on the dac implementation and level of quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back