New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Mar 7, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #11,146 of 11,282
R7HE mk3
One could consider it risky to buy because it was without return period...
Rally liked dealing with magna-hifi!

https://magnahifi.com/de/audio-gd-r...psu-balanced-r2r-ladder-fpga-dac-pcm-dxd-dsd/
To be honest, I never considered magnahifi in the past because of the exchange rate.

But after the pandemic where the euro dropped in value vs the dollar, I got a great deal on the r8mk2 with the silver i2s upgrade. I think they were trying to clear out mk2 stock before the mk3 came out.

Would definitely recommend them also. Really good people to deal with and the dac was delivered 5 days after ordering.

Mar 9, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #11,147 of 11,282
second proper extended listening session today with R7-HE/HE9 mk3
First positive impressions affirmed... surpassed actually!

I think I now get a feeling what all that non fatiguing and R2R vs DS sound commentary is about! time flies, being in the zone and so easy on the ears!

my first post here on march 26 2022
now if one is interested in the Audio-GD – HE7 mk2... where to start in this thread?
answer:
Just save yourself some time and buy it :D

Mar 14, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #11,148 of 11,282
I already asked the question but I didn't understand everything! Sorry
I have a 2017 R2R7 modified New front panel and amanero to become a R7 2020
at the back I have:
75 Ohms
Coaxial
Optical
RJ45
HDM
USB

What is HDMI and Rj 45 used for? what can we plug in?

Also, does anyone know how to stop the buzz when you change Chanel with button? Do you have the same problem ?

Mar 14, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #11,149 of 11,282
I already asked the question but I didn't understand everything! Sorry
I have a 2017 R2R7 modified New front panel and amanero to become a R7 2020
at the back I have:
75 Ohms
Coaxial
Optical
RJ45
HDM
USB

What is HDMI and Rj 45 used for? what can we plug in?

Also, does anyone know how to stop the buzz when you change Chanel with button? Do you have the same problem ?
En francais: il y a du bruit en passant de 3 a 4 et de 6 à 1. C'est normal. Les entrées rj45 et HDMI sont des entrées i2s. L'entrée hdmi permet de brancher les appareils comportant une sortie i2s hdmi. L'entrée rj45 permet de brancher un appareil avec sortie i2s rj45.

Le format i2s n'est pas standardisé. L'appareil branchė doit utiliser le format propre à audio-gd, qui est le même que celui utilisé par PS-Audio et Singxer.

Mar 15, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #11,152 of 11,282
Bonjour,
Pourquoi le bruit en passant de 3 à 4 et de 6 à 1 est normal ? On ne peut rien faire?
Kingwa has solved these issues completely with the HE mkii. And likely with most design as recent.

Some. Improvement (inconvenience reduction) have been introduced in fw updates at some point.

If you have a version with the optical input as fourth one, there is is specific fw list for this model. Make sure you have the latest fw. Whoever upgraded the DAC should be able to te) you this.

The available fws are there

http://www.audio-gd.com/Firmwaredownload.htm

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:31 PM Post #11,155 of 11,282
post deleted by me.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #11,156 of 11,282
my speakers exhibited reversed audio output, with the left sound playing out of the right speaker and vice versa. This anomaly persisted despite changing out multiple sources, except when using USB.
Does all the sources you have tried have this pin diagram?
http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/DI20/HDMI1.jpg

If they do there is something wrong with the R7 if those sources works as intended with other DACs. It is very important that the pin diagram match exactly for the DSD pins.

Mar 16, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #11,157 of 11,282
post deleted by me.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #11,158 of 11,282
Great question. I conducted thorough testing with all three sources using two additional DACs via i2s and employing the PS-Audio profile, which is the same according to Audio-GD technical support and Kingwa himself, and encountered no issues whatsoever. It became evident that the issues stemmed specifically from the Audio-GD DAC. Despite this, the unit was requested for inspection to pinpoint the exact problem. However, obtaining a resolution was hindered by the circumstances outlined in the previous post.
I would have asked them to sent you a DI24HE on a very good deal if it solved the issue(with return policy). It is hard to decipher the I2S diagrams from PS audio as there are not just one but I have googled atleast 3 different profiles.

The DI24HE should have HDMI modes to solve this issue on non-audiogd. But as standard it runs compatible HDMI1 on audio-gd with both the R1 and R8....and the others

----

EDIT: USB worked fine, you said that in previous post I forgot....sorry

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 7:04 PM Post #11,159 of 11,282
post deleted by me

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #11,160 of 11,282
I am grateful for your dedication to resolving this matter. However, it's important to note that these email exchanges mirror the discussions I previously had with Audio-GD. I meticulously provided them with the detailed specifications of all my i2s sources, and Audio-GD themselves affirmed that compatibility should not be an issue. It was Audio-GD who initially proposed that the unit be returned for inspection, suspecting potential wiring errors. Unfortunately, my ability to pursue this course of action was hindered by the request to engage in unethical and illegal import/export practices.
I actually have similar problems with my DI20HE. When connecting two dacs. The boot-sequence decides to swap LR(random). However this does not happen with one dac....so far

The swap happens on all outputs, when it happens. I don´t play DSD at all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back