New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Mar 4, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #6,587 of 11,260
Just put 50 hours on the Nimak acss (audio 5).

Already, it's at level that makes you smile. The first hours, it sounded too soft, lacked spatial cues and was a littly muddy. Bass extension was lacking too. Piano lacked sharpness.

Now, it's at a level that makes Nimak's statement as to it's the best in the world very plausible.

It fits the r7he like a glove. Textured, dynamic sound. More shades of grey, more color variations I did not know the recordings contained. A very black background. Silky treble. And very musical. Excellent presence throughout the spectrum. Splendid lower mid. And midrange in general. Really no flaw i can identify. Soundstaging/imaging also excellent.

So much so i asked Dubravko at Nimak to make me a 4-pin xlr version to use between the he9 and m3. Not that i need it, but what if things get even better... This will be tough.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #6,588 of 11,260
The AliExpress A-GD sales seem to be from different vendors. At least two. It is strange if you search "audio-gd" you get no hits. ??

Everything is going up in price everywhere. KIngwa direct may be able to beat those AliExpress prices until he runs out of stock. I would even bet the AliExpress vendors do not have stock and are just resellers.

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #6,590 of 11,260
Rumor has it that Kingwa is revamping the product line. He is closed mouth about it and not letting any details escape. I have a Master 10 and Kingwa told me 6 months ago that he can no longer manufacture the M10 and keep the same price level on that particular amp. Covid has increase lead times for material and manufacturing costs... Just an awesome amp connected by ACSS.

http://www.audio-gd.com/En audio-gd.htm

the cost of production has gone up a lot over the past 6 years, Kingwa cannot maintain the outgoing units at their current prices anymore. From what i know, there will be a new flagship amp at greater cost and a M3 replacement, M10 is no more.

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #6,591 of 11,260
The AliExpress A-GD sales seem to be from different vendors. At least two. It is strange if you search "audio-gd" you get no hits. ??

Everything is going up in price everywhere. KIngwa direct may be able to beat those AliExpress prices until he runs out of stock. I would even bet the AliExpress vendors do not have stock and are just resellers.
Aliexpress is a direct sale, completely no support. Kingwa gives direct sale prices, warranty and 10 years repair support. Magna Hifi and/or Audiophonics handle local repairs, prices are similar locally considering shipping&customs cost.

I was surpised with the appearance of some models on Aliexpress at even higher prices. It is indicative that these models will be discontinued and someone is buying old stock. NFB-1AMP is already announced, more will come soon.

Mar 5, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #6,592 of 11,260
I just received my R8 DAC (which feeds into my Master 19). I also have a DI-20 but haven’t connected it yet as I’m waiting for my i2s cable to arrive. So for now I connect the source into the DAC via USB (AQ Coffee) and the DAC to the amp through Audio GD ACSS cable, (Nimak cable on the way) AMD balances XLR. I play Tidal off a Microsoft Surface Pro. For whatever reason, there is a static type crackling every few seconds. It comes and goes but it’s definitely there very noticeable. Kingwa suggested it was a faulty USB but the same static cracking occurs with the standard provided USB cable or any other USB cable. Has anyone experienced this and know how to fix it? I also used a Project Stream Box as an alternate source but it also has the same static crackling. The cradling noise sounds like a vinyl record playing...the sound is just a amazing outside the noise but it’s unbearable! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Mar 5, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #6,594 of 11,260
I just received my R8 DAC (which feeds into my Master 19). I also have a DI-20 but haven’t connected it yet as I’m waiting for my i2s cable to arrive. So for now I connect the source into the DAC via USB (AQ Coffee) and the DAC to the amp through Audio GD ACSS cable, (Nimak cable on the way) AMD balances XLR. I play Tidal off a Microsoft Surface Pro. For whatever reason, there is a static type crackling every few seconds. It comes and goes but it’s definitely there very noticeable. Kingwa suggested it was a faulty USB but the same static cracking occurs with the standard provided USB cable or any other USB cable. Has anyone experienced this and know how to fix it? I also used a Project Stream Box as an alternate source but it also has the same static crackling. The cradling noise sounds like a vinyl record playing...the sound is just a amazing outside the noise but it’s unbearable! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I had the same issue playing 48KHz files via Coaxial input on the R7HE 2021 I received last month. Had to end up shipping it back to Kingwa for repairs. Still in transit, will keep the thread posted if anyone's interested.

Strange, because otherwise all of my audio-gd products have been bullet-proof reliable over the past 12 years.

Mar 5, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #6,595 of 11,260
Could be the usb board or a ground loop. Try connecting the usb source on the same power distributor as the r8. Otherwise, if the noise is on both side, it could be the usb board. If so, it's an easy swap. You'll know when you get the hdmi. Any hdmi cable will do in the mean time.

Be sure to turn of both the dac and di20 before making the connection.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #6,596 of 11,260
I had the same issue playing 48KHz files via Coaxial input on the R7HE 2021 I received last month. Had to end up shipping it back to Kingwa for repairs. Still in transit, will keep the thread posted if anyone's interested.

Strange, because otherwise all of my audio-gd products have been bullet-proof reliable over the past 12 years.
12 years! Amazing. My first audio-gd product/purchasing, the Ref-5, was in year 2013 only.

Mar 6, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #6,599 of 11,260
2012 and Ref 5.32. SPDIF was the best sounding input. Back in the dark ages for computer audio.

I don't want to start a argument, and just want to say that all digital interfaces have their pros and cons. SPDIF is good on handel noise and USB on timing and so on.

I got my Master 9, 2013 BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back