New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Dec 5, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #5,626 of 11,260
IMG-20191205-154637.jpg

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #5,628 of 11,260
I recently installed the R7tda_Asy_P2_dsdclk firmware on my M7S and noticed the stereo channels are reversed. I've tried both NOS Mode 3 and OSx8 and the result is the same. Other than reversing the ACSS cables is there some adjustment I should be doing under the hood (bonnet)?

Listening to Chris Isaak's Forever Blue Album.
Fortunately, I never got an answer to this question which would have started people wasting time trying to help with a non-issue. It turns out a thought struck me yesterday that maybe my headphone cable connections were reversed so I pull my headphones off my head to take a look. DOH! What an idiot.

Dec 5, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #5,630 of 11,260
Dec 5, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #5,631 of 11,260
Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #5,632 of 11,260
I measure with my ears and do not need any other tools to decide whether the sound is good. This Amir guy is not trustable IMHO.
You don't have any audio-gd gear, do you? I guess you just dropped by to help people form a valid opinion...

My tube amp measures much worse than that and still my favorite. Is this the same guy that has a Topping DAC?

What are the test conditions? Sampling rate, OS/NOS, balanced/ singled ended out,input, firmware, and device used to measure and its setup....? Give us the facts before flaming.

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #5,633 of 11,260
Consider this link an FYI. Each of us may find it useful or ignore it altogether. Specific questions about the methodology just ask the person who tested it. In this case this user, Wolf, is not the ASR owner, Amir.

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #5,634 of 11,260
Consider this link an FYI. Each of us may find it useful or ignore it altogether. Specific questions about the methodology just ask the person who tested it. In this case this user, Wolf, is not the ASR owner, Amir.
And i see that you are indeed just a good samaritain.

I should try a Topping dac since their ratings are so good on ASR.

But then no i guess. A guy at the office just bought one, a 200$ one. I have to say that for him, contempling specs is the real deal. But he somehow can't figure out why the Topping's sound is so dull.

Dec 5, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #5,635 of 11,260
On the other hand, a friend of mine who just bought my M1 pre says it beats his old Moon P-3, no contest. I trust my friend's ears.

I trust also my brother in law, who can assert instantly when a guitar is ever slightly out of tune. I sold him my Nfb-1amp, and again it trounces his Moon i-5 pre's out.

Life is good for them. And for me.

Dec 5, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #5,636 of 11,260
It is just amazing how people still do not realize what aspects these so called "audio measurements" floating around the internet are missing. I can immediate name two: imaging and resolution, which no audio measurements available are measuring.

An army ration bar will be easily "measured" to have better nutrition ingredient than a Michelin 3-stars restaurant dish. So go treat your guests with army ration bar next time when you arrange your business dinner.

I recall Kingwa put up a video before showing how those SNR measurements can be faked to be bad by just crossing input cables. Kingwa even make a "measured good" DAC called the AS-1 to silent the criticisms of those measurement freaks (http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/AS1/AS1EN.htm). But it seems almost no one had bought that DAC. Also for discrete component circuit designs like audio-gd's, the measurements would sure look bad before fully warm-up.

Yeah, go try convincing people that the stick drawing by a 2 years old is more worthy than a Monet painting, because it looks much "cleaner".

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #5,637 of 11,260
Excellent points. A proper burn-in, warm-up and power cord are all needed and are things that any serious reviewer will take into account after ideally getting in touch with the manufacturer.

Depending on believes about burn-in and cables, some can be inclined to ignore any recommendation but the fact is these things matter.

Facts matter, believes are just obstacles to the truth.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #5,638 of 11,260
This Amir guy is not trustable IMHO.

ASR hahahahahahahahahaha .... My useful reply to anyone in the least bit intrigued :wink:

Day 3 of DI-20HE burn in today, I have hooked up my Master-11S via regular coax to run with it overnight.

When actively listening, I switch to the R7HE and my Glenn OTL headamp.. Not going to rely on memory for an A/B of the R7HE fed by SU-6 or U16, but i can say that I'm enjoying a very realistic listening experience with the DI-20HE feeding the R7 :)

The AGD DI has been very stable so far on all PCM and DSD sample rates, and I am thinking to get a BNC coax cable to connect the M-11S to it too (mine is the 1st gen with RJ45 IIS, no HDMI).

Dec 5, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #5,639 of 11,260

Users who are viewing this thread

Back