New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Oct 16, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #496 of 11,276
@FredA. Thanks Fred. I am going to have to give a listen to the R2R 7 someday. How many do you think have sold since it started shipping?
I would not know the number. They are sold in France, the Netherlands, direct, and in a few other places by distributors. My guess would be around 10 to 20.. it's probably not such a big upgrade compared to S7. But piano is as mentioned exceptional with it. Vocals as well. And the match to my headphone setup is more enjoyable too. But still, the m7 was great.

Now, after 3 months, i am finished adjusting my setup. I can say safely it it a significant upgrade to the M7. It is not huge but it is significant. More definition and smoothness sums up the difference.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #497 of 11,276
I would not know the number. They are sold in France, the Netherlands, direct, and in a few other places by distributors. My guess would be around 10 to 20.. it's probably not such a big upgrade compared to S7. But piano is as mentioned exceptional with it. Vocals as well. And the match to my headphone setup is more enjoyable too. But still, the m7 was great.

Now, after 3 months, i am finished adjusting my setup. I can say safely it it a significant upgrade to the M7. It is not huge but it is significant. More definition and smoothness sums up the difference.

Count to 10th. Oct, there have sold 29 units R7 and 10 units R7HE . One unit R7HE on order.
That is not big number, I guess some customers have upgraded M7 to M7S , and some few still waiting more reviews.
Now I don't know how to upload the pictures in here, it show an URL option but can not select the desktop pictures.

Oct 16, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #498 of 11,276
Count to 10th. Oct, there have sold 29 units R7 and 10 units R7HE . One unit R7HE on order.
That is not big number, I guess some customers have upgraded M7 to M7S , and some few still waiting more reviews.
Now I don't know how to upload the pictures in here, it show an URL option but can not select the desktop pictures.

Kingwa can remote into my PC and flash my DAC firmware (oops sent prematurely)
But posting a pic -- that's another challenge :)

Tonight I was brought this Yamaha A-S2100
Yamaha.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #499 of 11,276

Click on "upload a file" and choose a picture. Then you'll see an option below the reply box to insert the picture into your post.

Oct 16, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #502 of 11,276

I was hoping you would drop in, Kingwa.

Nice. Those are good numbers even without taking into account the lack of reviews. If i had no dac right now, knowing what i know, i would still buy the r2r 7 without hesitation. It's the best value out there as far as high-end dacs are concerned and one of the best or possibly THE best under 10000usd.

Too bad there is not a full review out yet.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #504 of 11,276
I was hoping you would drop in, Kingwa.

Nice. Those are good numbers even without taking into account the lack of reviews. If i had no dac right now, knowing what i know, i would still buy the r2r 7 without hesitation. It's the best value out there as far as high-end dacs are concerned and one of the best or possibly THE best under 10000usd.

Too bad there is not a full review out yet.
The best of course besides the he version...

Oct 16, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #507 of 11,276
Listening to Bill Evans now. With the loudspeaker tweak i have undone yesterday to increase the bass (which was done to reduce the bass with the M7 in the first place), and the other adjustments made, the r2r 7 is perhaps even better than the M7 with old jazz, which is a HUGE bonus to me. I love Bill Evans. The piano sounding better and the bass section being more present now, i am enjoying the How My Heart Sings album very much.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #508 of 11,276
Got the fifth one, by the way!
I'm #12. I thought you had the 1st and I had the 5th.

@Wynnytsky: how good is this amp? Nice audio rack, by the way, i like the massive shelves. Made it yourself?
Mapleshade has got the Pennsylvania Amish making those audio racks. It's crazy heavy, and those are just the 2" shelves, not 4".

Sold a Bryston B60R today -- actually I did nothing, the Klipshorns sold it! I kept the walnut remote because I'd like to eventually get a B135. Brystons are honest to the bone -- lot's of structure and information in the bass, which happens to be the biggest weakness for this Yamaha. But you listen to the Yamaha for a couple seconds and be instantly seduced by the mosfet tails in the mid and treble. Sounds like it's tubed, or at least class A, but it's 52lbs, 90wpc, idle draw is 75watts, and that climbs a couple watts when cranked. After I recreate my Dirac filters for this amp I'll record another track for youtube.

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #509 of 11,276
I'm #12. I thought you had the 1st and I had the 5th.

Mapleshade has got the Pennsylvania Amish making those audio racks. It's crazy heavy, and those are just the 2" shelves, not 4".

Sold a Bryston B60R today -- actually I did nothing, the Klipshorns sold it! I kept the walnut remote because I'd like to eventually get a B135. Brystons are honest to the bone -- lot's of structure and information in the bass, which happens to be the biggest weakness for this Yamaha. But you listen to the Yamaha for a couple seconds and be instantly seduced by the mosfet tails in the mid and treble. Sounds like it's tubed, or at least class A, but it's 52lbs, 90wpc, idle draw is 75watts, and that climbs a couple watts when cranked. After I recreate my Dirac filters for this amp I'll record another track for youtube.
You could consider a Master-10 or Master-3 (if you own a pre-amp). Huge amp though and 130w dissipation idling but it's got consistently good reviews. It's very quiet and got great bass control accoding to the reviews.

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #510 of 11,276
R2r modules connected to M10 preamp without any stages,dc servo or transformers only cap,sound much better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back