New Audeze "Prototype-Z"!
Oct 15, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #47 of 455
loved everything about them except for the lumpy, bumpy headband.  I know I'm not the only one.

I felt the same way about the lcd 2.2 and the X. The headband is the one weakness of those phones.
I really hope Audeze will sell those headbands separately.

Oct 15, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #48 of 455
I hope this the Audeze that takes on the Abyss, I enjoy the tonal quality of Audeze so power to them. Bit of Carbon Fibre is always good for performance :wink:

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #49 of 455
Did they talk about any of the specifics of the new driver, or were they just being a tease and trotting out a prototype with no real details?

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #51 of 455
deadhorse.gif
  is there any AMP that can drive it???

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #53 of 455
  They did the 1200 ohms for a reason, and it is no typo.  Even if it has this high impedance, from what I have heard, they will be very very efficient. So I wouldn't worry that much. 

My 600ohm beyer t1 are much easier to drive than my 38 ohm he500, so its not like ohms is the final word in ease of drivability. 

I hope this style headband will hold the weight of the earcups a bit more towards the head. I always felt that current Audeze phones feel kind of cumbersome, even compared to other heavy headphones.

deadhorse.gif
  is there any AMP that can drive it???

Any amp can drive it, it's a matter of sensitivity of the drivers at this point.

yeaper

all about sensitivity 

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #54 of 455
With 1200 ohms, unless sensitivity is extremely high, I wonder if this will run into problems with amps not being able to deliver a high enough voltage (not current). Even OTLs.

Oct 17, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #58 of 455
  With 1200 ohms, unless sensitivity is extremely high, I wonder if this will run into problems with amps not being able to deliver a high enough voltage (not current). Even OTLs.

Speaker amps that can deliver 100W into 8 Ohm would theoretically be able to deliver enough voltage that this headphone will play ear-splittlingly loud even with the same low sensitivity as the previous generation. There is no "impedance adapter" needed either, as the headphone's high impedance will protect it from any voltage spike.

But you can definitely forget about headphone amps if that's the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back