New Audeze LCD3
Apr 23, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #10,441 of 11,521
Found it, the return policy (not warranty). Thanks to all who replied.

https://www.audeze.com/terms-conditions

Our goal is to ensure your complete satisfaction
If, for whatever reason, you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you can return it to AUDEZE within 30 days of purchase date subject to conditions below. Claims for missing items or items damaged in transit must be received within two business days of receipt of merchandise

Conditions
Please read all conditions below. If conditions are not met, AUDEZE reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a restocking fee not less than 15%. All returned or exchanged items must be in new condition, in their original box, and must include all packing material, blank warranty cards, manuals, and all AUDEZE is not responsible for personal data or items left in returned merchandise. AUDEZE is not responsible for any consequential or incidental damage resulting from the sale or use of any merchandise bought from us. We are responsible for the monetary value of the merchandise only.

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #10,442 of 11,521
I have also contacted Audeze. Their return policy is actually 15% restocking fees within 30 days. It is misleading from their term and condition on their website. This means they don't even consider the condition of the return items even if you return it in less than 30 days.

Apr 23, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #10,443 of 11,521

Here are some other thoughts:

I can't quite imagine not liking the LCD3f.  I think just about any amp will drive it.  If you go through a dealer you may be able to get a better price.  I'd recommend buying new, or guaranteed used, I've had to return mine twice when the left channel cut out.

Some other things to consider:  a cable upgrade can make a big difference in SQ.  When I got the Silver Dragon V3 on my LCD3f, it was like being in a different universe.  Burn-in time, (50 hours minimum), helps a lot.

I'm sure all this is covered earlier in the thread.  So this is just my 2 cents worth . . .

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #10,444 of 11,521
Is it normal for the LCD-3 to push into the foam? I was getting kinda paranoid about perhaps not having shoved them down deep enough...

On my LC2 rev 2 case there are very visible indentation marks (it's flat unlike the LCD-3 foam cover).

May 5, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #10,447 of 11,521
  I have also contacted Audeze. Their return policy is actually 15% restocking fees within 30 days. It is misleading from their term and condition on their website. This means they don't even consider the condition of the return items even if you return it in less than 30 days.

The 15% restocking fee always seemed absurd to me. Even if you were to return a pair of LCD-3s the day you received them you would be looking at a loss of ~$300.

May 5, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #10,450 of 11,521
No, it isn't.

Manufacturers need to have some protection from tire kickers. How many times have we seen posts stating that someone ordered 3 new headphones with the intent of keeping one and returning the other two after listening for a week? The returned headphones can't be sold as full price new units at that point.

Those people should try the headphone lending library at CableCo.

May 5, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #10,451 of 11,521
Those people should try the headphone lending library at CableCo.

Interesting, so there's a 5% deposit with credit card, but what happens if you don't pay return the item? :)
(Thinking of possibly opening up something locally... coming soon)

May 5, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #10,452 of 11,521
Interesting, so there's a 5% deposit with credit card, but what happens if you don't pay return the item? :)
(Thinking of possibly opening up something locally... coming soon)

All the details are on their website. Cheers

May 5, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #10,453 of 11,521
May 5, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #10,454 of 11,521

Nope, they are not, I've checked...

Guess I'm not getting what you're asking then. 

I've used them before and here's the deal. You contact them via phone and see what headphones they have in the library and see if they are currently available, or when then are scheduled to become available if they are already checked-out. Sometimes there are several people in line, such as with popular cans like the LCD series from Audeze. You pay 5% of the retail value of the headphones and shipping both ways. You have 2 weeks to audition the unit. If you don't return them I believe you would be charged the full retail value of the item you checked out (less the 5% I would guess). If you purchase anything from their store or their affiliated stores then you can apply the 5% as a credit towards that purchase. Does this answer your question? 

It's worked really well when I've used it. 

Cheers 

PS - I have no affiliation with their company, but their location is only 40 miles from where I live. 

May 7, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #10,455 of 11,521
Hello all, just need clarification on how to wire to the 2 mini xlr female connectors to a TRS connector

I've seen this floating around

In this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/550728/understanding-lcd-2-schematic Contributor qusp says: 

it just means you can use either or, because those pins are connected internally in the headphones. so you can use 1 or 4 for signal and 2 or 3 for ground, or for balanced 1 or 4 for + and 2 or 3 for -. I personally connect to both for better contact, by striping a bit more wire and connecting across the pins

In other words - I can connect to the L or R signal wires to Pin 1 or 4, and the Ground wire to Pin 2 or  4? And if i wanted to, for strength purposes - split the strands and solder the signal wire to both Pins 1 and 4 and the ground wire to Pins 2 and 3?

Are the pins connected internally with the LCD3? 

Thanks for any help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back