New Audeze LCD3
Jun 4, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #10,457 of 11,521
  Hey Ill buy soon LCD3, do you know if it will be well driven by iBasso DX90? Thanks

A couple things come to mind.  

First, the LCD3 is in a different class than the DXC90.  It is a truly great headphone especially with the Silver Dragon V3 cable.  Unless you'll be upgrading to a better DAC / Amp in the future, you'd be missing all the LCD-3 had to offer.  IMHO  Still it should be an OK match since the LCD-3 is supposed to be easy to drive.  Something like an AKG 701 or 702 may be a better match for the DX90, (and it already comes with a 3.5mm plug).  

Second, the LCD-3 has a 1/4" plug that could damage the 3.5mm socket in the DX90 (via a rigid adapter).  I'd suggest having an adapter made up with flexible cable between the two plugs.  

just my $.02 worth . . . 

Jun 4, 2015 at 6:49 AM Post #10,458 of 11,521
Now Im with AKG K545, I think the problem comes from the HPs themselves, before time I had K317 and Im familiar with the AKG sound. The highs are too heavy and they even hurted my ears, now Im healing and in order to that I want to choose something that will sathisfy me in the whole spectrum without need to level up (The EQ of DX90 is not good at all). Because of that I want open back even (I dont know how it be if Im outside but the open back I thing will be softer sounding to the ears). Then I think the LCD3 will be well driven only by desktop DAC/AMPS not even Astell & Kern K240.

Are EL-8 something to be paired with DX90? And are EL-8 near to the awesomness of the LCD3 (with DX90)? Some people say EL-8 is mids heavy and I dont like it if its so.

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #10,459 of 11,521
  Now Im with AKG K545, I think the problem comes from the HPs themselves, before time I had K317 and Im familiar with the AKG sound. The highs are too heavy and they even hurted my ears, now Im healing and in order to that I want to choose something that will sathisfy me in the whole spectrum without need to level up (The EQ of DX90 is not good at all). Because of that I want open back even (I dont know how it be if Im outside but the open back I thing will be softer sounding to the ears). Then I think the LCD3 will be well driven only by desktop DAC/AMPS not even Astell & Kern K240.

Are EL-8 something to be paired with DX90? And are EL-8 near to the awesomness of the LCD3 (with DX90)? Some people say EL-8 is mids heavy and I dont like it if its so.

I think you will have more luck getting your questions answered over on the DX90 thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697035/dx90-2x-sabre-1st-page-downloads-info-inst-lurker0-fw-mod-link-1st-page-new-fw-2-2-0/12465

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #10,460 of 11,521
Okay I have written to them, what about that Silver Dragon V3 cable, are there also other cable options. I want it 1.5 meter long with 3.5mm out.

Also how heavy in grams or about are the LCD3, do you get very sweaty when you listen to them? Is the lamb leather warming or maintaining one good temperature? 

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:28 AM Post #10,461 of 11,521
Well, my pair of LCD3F's developed a left driver failure a little over a year in. :frowning2:

How long does the replacement process typically take?
So far it's been over a week with 2.5-3+ business day response times to the two messages on my support ticket. Am I better off trying to call in and talk to someone?

EDIT:typo

Jun 6, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #10,462 of 11,521
  Well, my pair of LCD3F's developed a left driver failure a littel over a year in. :frowning2:

So far it's been over a week with 2.5-3+ business day response times to the two messages on my support ticket. Am I better off trying to call in and talk to someone?

Bummer !

I had that happen not long ago.  Mine were about 6 months old and it was the second time the left driver crapped out.  They "fixed" it the first time and the turnaround was about 2-3 weeks, but the second time they said the driver failed and they would be sending a new LCDf the following week.  After a month, I sent several messages on my support ticket and they usually responded a few days later promising delivery in the next few days.  After another 2-3 weeks  they sent a customer support survey asking, "How did we do?"   So I let them have it.  I got a quick response claiming that "production" had given wrong information to customer support on availability of new stock.  They shipped the following week. and I'm burning in the new ones.

I can only assume Audeze is still trying to recover from their gigantic theft.  I'm sure they need to raise capital by selling new stock.  So maybe that contributes to the delay.  I'd cut them a little slack on that score, but they should communicate if that is, in fact, the situation.

I'd keep sending support ticket messages.  Hope you have some backup cans there . . . 

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #10,463 of 11,521
  Well, my pair of LCD3F's developed a left driver failure a littel over a year in. :frowning2:

I would highly recommend calling them.  I've always gotten much faster response and turnaround times on repairs via phone than via the email based support system.
Total turn around average has been around 10 - 14 days after submitting the ticket then following up with a call.

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #10,464 of 11,521
So far I've had two failures requiring RMA. The second experience varied from the first, supposedly because Audeze had moved their facility.

The second time, I sent an email and that resulted in a response within 24 hours. The email told me from now on, all my correspondence should be via my online account. However, it turns out they do not monitor this online account. So it took me a week to figure that out, then I started sending emails again and the emails were answered in 24 hours.

Finally after another weeks of emails, they gave me an RMA number and told me to ship the phones. I had to send another email to get the shipping address which they omitted.

When it was over they sent a feedback email, which was most peculiar in that it only asked a single question, did the problem get fixed. Since the phones did get fixed (and they are sounding great by the way), I said yes. I would have appreciated being able to provide them with feedback concerning the difficulties I had getting the phones fixed. That's the only way they'll learn after all.

Jun 6, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #10,465 of 11,521

I can only assume Audeze is still trying to recover from their gigantic theft.  I'm sure they need to raise capital by selling new stock.  So maybe that contributes to the delay.  I'd cut them a little slack on that score, but they should communicate if that is, in fact, the situation.

I'd keep sending support ticket messages.  Hope you have some backup cans there . . . 

Oh wow, I somehow hadn't heard of the theft until now.

I've got a bunch of backup options, but I was really enjoying the LCD-3s with the GS-X that just arrived.

Hopefully they don't give me too much of a hard time about the serial number falling off since they were purchased direct from Audeze. The serial number was on a super flimsy gold sticker that fell off in the first month or so. Strangely the one on my LCD-XC purchased at the same time seems super secure and isn't coming off anytime soon.

Jun 7, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #10,466 of 11,521
May be you'll find this useful. Story about failed LCD-3 modification attempt: http://www.head-fi.org/t/770678/instructive-and-sad-story-about-lcd-3-modification-attempt

Jun 7, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #10,468 of 11,521
I would think the only damage, if any, would have been to the wood.  I highly doubt the heat would have affected the internals after that amount of time.

I'm not exactly an authority on this type of subject but honestly, if you don't hear or see any difference just enjoy them and be happy mate.

Jun 7, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #10,469 of 11,521
  So I had my LCD-3s on top of an amp that gets super hot, forgot to move them off when I turned the amp on so they sat up there for like an hour. Any chance I caused any damage?

I would think the only damage, if any, would have been to the wood.  I highly doubt the heat would have affected the internals after that amount of time.

I'm not exactly an authority on this type of subject but honestly, if you don't hear or see any difference just enjoy them and be happy mate.

I agree.  Probably no damage.  Do all your listening and visual test.

That F1J sure does get hot...

beerchug.gif

Jun 7, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #10,470 of 11,521
May be you'll find this useful. Story about failed LCD-3 modification attempt: http://www.head-fi.org/t/770678/instructive-and-sad-story-about-lcd-3-modification-attempt

Very interesting! Makes the TOTL seems not so TOTL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back