New Audeze LCD3
Mar 7, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #8,656 of 11,521
They'll likely just swap out both drivers for some brand new units, they did for me last month 
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #8,657 of 11,521
Thanks!! I feel a little better,I will call them tomorrow if they are open.Kind of strange timing,but hopefully they can make er good as new:)

Well the best part of audeze is that my LCD3 came back sounding BETTER than new.... I had a few albums where I distinctly prefer to listen on the HD800 for its transparency. But since my LCD3 came back from the driver replacement, I actually feel the gap is not as apparent as before. Oh, and they also cleaned nd polished the wood... so it looks newer than when I sent them in. All within a week's time. Highly appreciated!! Just hope they can keep this up with an ever expanding clientele.

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #8,658 of 11,521
I am just curious,is driver failure common on the LCD-3?I seem to hear about it a fair bit,maybe because the driver material is thinner than the LCD-2??? 

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #8,660 of 11,521
Hello dear LCD-3 owners,

I thought I'd just share with you some nice and gorgeous sounding music I've recently discovered:

AlunaGeorge - Body Music
Disclosure - Settle

I'll let you have a listen instead of trying and describing these with words.  If you want a quick overview you can just listen to these two songs:

AlunaGeorge: You Know You Like It (track #2)
Disclosure: White Noise (track #5)

I enjoy lots of musical styles, and I enjoyed those two particular albums because their sound is quite enjoyable on the LCD-3 with their yummy and accurate bass sound.

I hope it will be enjoyed by someone else as well :)

Mar 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #8,661 of 11,521
I am not worried in the least about there customer support,just posing a question about how common this issue is.I know 2 other people who also have LCD-3's,both of them had driver failure along with myself,that's 3 for 3 in my tiny world.Just saying.I love the way these sound and would like to keep them long term but this concerns me especially when I get outside the 3 year warranty.

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #8,662 of 11,521
Hopefully these phones will last a long time as the prices for the LCD3s have now gone to $2900. I just don't think I am going to pay that much and would probably look into some magnepans with a full dac/amp for speaker setup at that point. Having said that mine have hundreds of hours listening time on them and they sound awesome. Will they still replace the drivers if outside of the warranty period? If not, I will have a decision to make.

At what point does the price become a deterrent to purchase? At $3000, the Stax equipment starts to look like a viable alternative or a nice speaker/dac/amp system... Opinions?

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #8,663 of 11,521
Hopefully these phones will last a long time as the prices for the LCD3s have now gone to $2900. I just don't think I am going to pay that much and would probably look into some magnepans with a full dac/amp for speaker setup at that point. Having said that mine have hundreds of hours listening time on them and they sound awesome. Will they still replace the drivers if outside of the warranty period? If not, I will have a decision to make.

At what point does the price become a deterrent to purchase? At $3000, the Stax equipment starts to look like a viable alternative or a nice speaker/dac/amp system... Opinions?

They're still listed at their original price on the Audeze website ($1945):

http://www.audeze.com/products/headphones/lcd-3

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #8,665 of 11,521
  Hello dear LCD-3 owners,

I thought I'd just share with you some nice and gorgeous sounding music I've recently discovered:

AlunaGeorge - Body Music
Disclosure - Settle

I'll let you have a listen instead of trying and describing these with words.  If you want a quick overview you can just listen to these two songs:

AlunaGeorge: You Know You Like It (track #2)
Disclosure: White Noise (track #5)

I enjoy lots of musical styles, and I enjoyed those two particular albums because their sound is quite enjoyable on the LCD-3 with their yummy and accurate bass sound.

I hope it will be enjoyed by someone else as well :)

That whole Disclosure album is a beast, regardless of the system. White noise
beerchug.gif

You should try out Kryptic Minds - Can't Sleep for all your bass needs. Sick album.

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #8,666 of 11,521
Yes they are still listed at $1945. I know I saw that price somewhere ($2900) but anyway very good to see they are still at $1945. Would I buy them again at that price? ABSOLUTELY. YES. Although the X sure seems like it is really hard to beat also and a little less expensive to boot.

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #8,667 of 11,521

I hope you are not prescient here. With the X and XC priced where they are, Audez'e may revamp the 3 completely, sell it as a new top end north of $2,000- 2500 maybe ?

Mar 11, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #8,670 of 11,521

Users who are viewing this thread

Back