New Audeze LCD3
Mar 11, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #8,671 of 11,521
Yes they are still listed at $1945. I know I saw that price somewhere ($2900) but anyway very good to see they are still at $1945. Would I buy them again at that price? ABSOLUTELY. YES. Although the X sure seems like it is really hard to beat also and a little less expensive to boot.

I saw an ad right here on HeadFi (before logging in) showing Amazon advertising the LCD3s for $2900. I knew I saw that somewhere!
That does make one wonder what might be in store for the next "flagship" from Audeze though. LCD 4? And how would they improve it?
Honestly for the money it is really hard to argue with just getting a pair of the LCD-X. If I was looking to upgrade from the LCD2.2 (I once did) that is the way I would go I think. Along with likely the GS-X MkII and maybe the PWD dac. Although the Schiit stack I have has really been good to me with the LCD 3s. No complaints at all.

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #8,672 of 11,521
Note this Audeze weblog warning:
http://www.audeze.com/about-audeze/blog/unauthorized-dealers
Due to the nature of the goods sold by unauthorized dealers and their business practices, products sold by unauthorized dealers will not be covered under warranty by Audeze. We are using our best efforts to prohibit these companies from taking advantage of customers. We urge you to use caution when selecting a dealer to make your purchase.

Please contact us for verification of a dealer's status if you are unable to locate them here.

We cannot verify the authenticity of Audeze products purchased from unauthorized dealers. The current list of UNAUTHORIZED dealers:
Amazon.com Market Place Sellers
JetLive Audio ( and www.jetliveaudio.com )
EBAY

Yes they are still listed at $1945. I know I saw that price somewhere ($2900) but anyway very good to see they are still at $1945. Would I buy them again at that price? ABSOLUTELY. YES. Although the X sure seems like it is really hard to beat also and a little less expensive to boot.

I saw an ad right here on HeadFi (before logging in) showing Amazon advertising the LCD3s for $2900. I knew I saw that somewhere!
That does make one wonder what might be in store for the next "flagship" from Audeze though. LCD 4? And how would they improve it?
Honestly for the money it is really hard to argue with just getting a pair of the LCD-X. If I was looking to upgrade from the LCD2.2 (I once did) that is the way I would go I think. Along with likely the GS-X MkII and maybe the PWD dac. Although the Schiit stack I have has really been good to me with the LCD 3s. No complaints at all.

Mar 11, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #8,673 of 11,521
^ these are other sellers operating through amazon, not amazon itself and not audeze's pricing.

One has a pair listed - used! - at $5000 :eek:

Mar 12, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #8,674 of 11,521
Amazon pricing from affiliate sellers is sometimes bizarre and way above retail. It's basically meaningless. Amazon should probably keep tabs on this kind of thing before they let an offer go public.
If someone buys something accidentally and figures it out later it could get complicated.

Mar 12, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #8,675 of 11,521
It's using the power and reputation of Amazon's name. Imagine if someone bought their partner an LCD3 or whatever at this price, not themselves knowing enough about the hp/whatever world to realise it was way overpriced. Amazon most certainly should keep tabs!

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #8,676 of 11,521
Good point AiDee. I think these amazon sellers are just fishing for impulse buyers to click without thinking. Ebay does this too sometimes, but I think the buyers there are more alert in general.

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #8,677 of 11,521
Just got my LCD-3's back from Audeze with the drivers replaced,sounds great.I plan keeping these headphones past the warranty,does anyone know what the cost would be to get the drivers replace out of warranty?With all the cases I hear about driver failure I think it would be a concern.

Mar 28, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #8,678 of 11,521
Just got my LCD-3's back from Audeze with the drivers replaced,sounds great.I plan keeping these headphones past the warranty,does anyone know what the cost would be to get the drivers replace out of warranty?With all the cases I hear about driver failure I think it would be a concern.

There are no LCD-3s out of warranty yet so nobody will have an answer to this. I suspect that Audeze may honour driver swaps longer than 3 years in view of the premature failures (although there are still plenty of people with early ones that have never had any issue). But if not, it must be at least around 50% of the cost of the headphones as the drivers are where most of the manufacturing cost is!

Mar 28, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #8,679 of 11,521
Good point AiDee. I think these amazon sellers are just fishing for impulse buyers to click without thinking. Ebay does this too sometimes, but I think the buyers there are more alert in general.

They are actually undercutting dealers in their region, those sellers arent based in the U.S. It would be nice if those links on Head-Fi were smart enough to support sponsors rather than checking for an item on Amazon

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Mar 28, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #8,681 of 11,521
Glad to hear that your LCD-3 are back in top shape again. My pair is on it's way to California now for repair.
It's gonna be long time without my headphones.

Mar 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #8,682 of 11,521
Glad to hear that your LCD-3 are back in top shape again. My pair is on it's way to California now for repair.
It's gonna be long time without my headphones.

It won't be too long,they are quite speedy,some have shipped them out on a Monday and received them back on the Friday of the same week!Hopefully u will have the same treatment :)

Mar 28, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #8,684 of 11,521
I just noticed on a new LCD-3 i opened at work that it has the peaks on the driver same as the new LCD-X and LCD-XC... a new revision 2 without telling anyone with fazor drivers perhaps?...

Will get pictures next week..

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #8,685 of 11,521
  I just noticed on a new LCD-3 i opened at work that it has the peaks on the driver same as the new LCD-X and LCD-XC... a new revision 2 without telling anyone with fazor drivers perhaps?...

Will get pictures next week..

Any more news about this? I was thinking of getting one tomorrow, might have to wait now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back