New Audeze LCD3
Feb 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #7,096 of 11,521
Audeze told me the foam in the vegan pads is the same foam in the leather LCD-2 pads.

Interesting. I've read several times on here that the vegan pads are more similar to LCD-3 pads than the leather LCD-2. Guess I'll find out when my pair arrives tomorrow.

Feb 7, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #7,097 of 11,521
It's the firmness of the LCD-2 pads that's different. At least that's what it feels like.
The LCD-3 and Vegan pads are much plushier and have more give.

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #7,099 of 11,521
Quote:
This. A very significant part of the improvement of going from LCD2 -> LCD3 is in the upgraded earpads, LCD3 pads are sublime both in comfort and transparency. (The other portion of the LCD2->3  performance jump is of course the driver membrane)

Also, if you look very closely at photos of the exposed innards, the LCD-3 has eight magnet bars to six for the LCD-2, and perhaps equally or more important, appears to have many more, smaller and finer wires/traces on the diaphragm. These factors and the lighter Lotus diaphragm, taken together, could possibly yield substantially greater driver control, microdynamics, inner detail and subtlety. Sexy proposition, eh? 
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #7,100 of 11,521
Quote:
Quote:
Every 6 months approx depending on climate. Simply moist the cloth with the protector, and apply it gently to all of the wood so it looks wet. Leave it be for 20 minutes, and then buff it off with a clean lint free cotton cloth. 

Thanks for the advice. Have you done yours already?

I figure I will wear them six months straight first... :wink:

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #7,101 of 11,521
Quote:
It's the firmness of the LCD-2 pads that's different. At least that's what it feels like.
The LCD-3 and Vegan pads are much plushier and have more give.

Any extra firmness of the LCD-2 over the vegan would be from the thicker leather.

Feb 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #7,103 of 11,521
Feb 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #7,105 of 11,521
Quote:
Quote:

Humourous. but pointlessly aggressive. If the area where the ear pads rest on your head doesn't get a little moist, I would love to learn from your heretofore unknown evolutionary trait of not having sweat glands!

No aggression intended my friend. I would think normal leather conditioner will serve your purposes well. A normal furniture shop should have you served.

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #7,106 of 11,521
Quote:
Humourous. but pointlessly aggressive. If the area where the ear pads rest on your head doesn't get a little moist, I would love to learn from your heretofore unknown evolutionary trait of not having sweat glands!

Primary sweat glands aren't located near the ears :wink:  If you get all hot and bothered wearing headphones... try sitting still :p  10 years in I've never had sweat around the ears from a headphone.  Leather especially tends to just slide around my normal skin and velour stays still having more friction.  Are you saying we maybe shouldn't sit on your leather couch because you sweat into it too?

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #7,107 of 11,521
Quote:
Quote:

Primary sweat glands aren't located near the ears :wink:  If you get all hot and bothered wearing headphones... try sitting still :p  10 years in I've never had sweat around the ears from a headphone.  Leather especially tends to just slide around my normal skin and velour stays still having more friction.  Are you saying we maybe shouldn't sit on your leather couch because you sweat into it too?

I'll chip in one more non aggressive LOL.

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #7,109 of 11,521
Quote:

I don't sit on my leather couch naked. Anyways I really don't want to bicker needlessly on the internet. This is my final response to this conversation.  

Can't we all go back to talking about our love for the LCD-3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back