New Audeze LCD3
Feb 7, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #7,081 of 11,521
Quote:
Anybody owns one of these Omega style headphone stands with the LCD2 or LCD3 ? I like them, but tried one in a store, and find the earpads squeezed again the stand. I know they're squeezed when you wear them, but that's for a short period of time. On the stand they'll be squeezed 24 hours a day, and not sure if that will affect their shape on the long run.

I have a Sieveking headphone stand for my LCD2s and I am more concerned that the connectors are in touch with the bottom part of the stand.
Perhaps not the best situation or in other words,the stand should be slightly taller.....but,man,...they do look good!

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #7,084 of 11,521
You can get replacement pads from Audeze if you go through their repair department. For some reason they aren't selling the LCD-3 pads directly.

Protection kit should be applied 2-3 times a year.

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #7,085 of 11,521
Quote:
You can get replacement pads from Audeze if you go through their repair department. For some reason they aren't selling the LCD-3 pads directly.

Protection kit should be applied 2-3 times a year.

That is apparently because they don't want LCD-2 owners using LCD-3 pads!! LCD-3 pads will only be sold to those who actually own an LCD-3.

Feb 7, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #7,086 of 11,521
Vegan pads apparently are pretty similar to the LCD-3 pads in their squishy-ness, though the surface will feel different and possibly seal differently as well.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #7,087 of 11,521
Quote:
K interesting. I was thinking about just covering it, but perhaps their kit will work well. Do you just apply the solution and wipe it down? 

Also, any comments on the wood kit that's included?

I just gently wipe to keep headphones clean and dry before and after each use, or when needed. You sure can cover the pads with soft cloth to keep-out the dust/dirt or grime.  But if it keeps moisture as well, that won't be good.  We have to be gentle when handling the leather pads, as the adhesive can detach/peel-off.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #7,088 of 11,521
Quote:

That is apparently because they don't want LCD-2 owners using LCD-3 pads!! LCD-3 pads will only be sold to those who actually own an LCD-3.

This. A very significant part of the improvement of going from LCD2 -> LCD3 is in the upgraded earpads, LCD3 pads are sublime both in comfort and transparency. (The other portion of the LCD2->3  performance jump is of course the driver membrane)

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #7,090 of 11,521
Quote:
Vegan pads apparently are pretty similar to the LCD-3 pads in their squishy-ness, though the surface will feel different and possibly seal differently as well.

Audeze told me the foam in the vegan pads is the same foam in the leather LCD-2 pads.

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #7,091 of 11,521
Quote:
Quote:
when / how should I be using the wood protector?

X2

Every 6 months approx depending on climate. Simply moist the cloth with the protector, and apply it gently to all of the wood so it looks wet. Leave it be for 20 minutes, and then buff it off with a clean lint free cotton cloth. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back