New Audeze LCD3
Feb 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #7,111 of 11,521
It's fine, I sit on your leather couch naked.

Quote:
I don't sit on my leather couch naked. Anyways I really don't want to bicker needlessly on the internet. This is my final response to this conversation.  

Can't we all go back to talking about our love for the LCD-3?

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #7,114 of 11,521
An LCD-3 bamboo with a headband like the STAX 009 would be my ideal headphone.  I hope a headband redesign is in the mix from Audeze.  I miss the sound of the LCD-3 almost every day, but the form, fit, and feel of the headphone just needs some working on for me to really like it at $2k.

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #7,115 of 11,521
Quote:
An LCD-3 bamboo with a headband like the STAX 009 would be my ideal headphone.  I hope a headband redesign is in the mix from Audeze.  I miss the sound of the LCD-3 almost every day, but the form, fit, and feel of the headphone just needs some working on for me to really like it at $2k.

A headband is one of the easiest things to play with. There are aftermarket headband cushions. I had Grado PS1000s for a while and wrapped a 
half-inch thick rectangle of foam around the headband and secured it with some electrical tape and it was really comfortable. 
I actually find the LCD3 headband fine, but if I didn't, I think I could fix it.

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #7,116 of 11,521
If you find the music plays exceptionally well from the LCD-3 - minor comfort issue is insignificant. IMHO. Either you appreciate the Audeze - or yo don´t. If you don´t - and - complain on comfort - you are indeed missing out on something. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #7,117 of 11,521
Only have the LCD2 but I think the comfort impression I have fits the sound signature.....heavy and and at the same time soft/smooth on the ears.
Whereas my HD800 are almost not noticeable and so is the soundsignature.....too light at times, without the Oomph!
Right now I prefer Audeze but I respect the HD800 for what they are.

Feb 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #7,119 of 11,521
I have a LCD3 with an early S/N# 231xxxx, just last week, both side of the metal housing for the mini xlr connector got loosen & literally dropping off from the wooden housing. 

I send it to the local agent & they claim that Audeze's advice is to glue it back.

My concern is that the wooden slot for the metal housing is already loosen and no matter how they re-glue it back, the damage is already done. So, with frequent change of cable, the metal housing will be loosen again.

I would like to check if anyone has this problem before and how Audeze request to this manufacturing defect, thank you. 

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #7,122 of 11,521
Every 6 months approx depending on climate. Simply moist the cloth with the protector, and apply it gently to all of the wood so it looks wet. Leave it be for 20 minutes, and then buff it off with a clean lint free cotton cloth. 

Thanks for the advice. Have you done yours already?

Quote:
I figure I will wear them six months straight first... :wink:

When I return home I'm going to do mine and report. They are kept in a room with A/C which tends to dry out the air, plus I think it will make them look closer to how good they sound :)

Feb 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #7,123 of 11,521
Quote:
I have a LCD3 with an early S/N# 231xxxx, just last week, both side of the metal housing for the mini xlr connector got loosen & literally dropping off from the wooden housing. 

I send it to the local agent & they claim that Audeze's advice is to glue it back.

My concern is that the wooden slot for the metal housing is already loosen and no matter how they re-glue it back, the damage is already done. So, with frequent change of cable, the metal housing will be loosen again.

I would like to check if anyone has this problem before and how Audeze request to this manufacturing defect, thank you. 

+1 talk to Audeze!Your local doesn't want to be bothered and I don't think to glue it back yourself is Audeze's advice.

Feb 10, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #7,125 of 11,521
Best but cheapest amp for the LCD3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back