New Audeze LCD3
Jul 20, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #6,271 of 11,521
^ I'm thinking more the perfect headphone warmer, for those colder mornings...

Jul 24, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #6,272 of 11,521
Really...really excited to hear one. Everytime I talk to Alex he drops some comment about the Liquid Glass on me and I just want to roll tubes in it all day.

Quote:
The Liquid Glass, Cavalli's upcoming dynamic tube amp, is supposed to be an evolution of the Stacker.  

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #6,273 of 11,521
Quote:
Really...really excited to hear one. Everytime I talk to Alex he drops some comment about the Liquid Glass on me and I just want to roll tubes in it all day.

Ya think you'll get your hands on the prototype?

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #6,275 of 11,521
This thread is very long...and maybe the answer to my question is already in it. But I can't manage to go through this big number of posts too quickly so if you could please help me with the simple answer - if I was to buy LCD headphone, should I go for LCD2 or is it really worth paying twice as much to get LCD3. Thank you!

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #6,277 of 11,521
Quote:
This thread is very long...and maybe the answer to my question is already in it. But I can't manage to go through this big number of posts too quickly so if you could please help me with the simple answer - if I was to buy LCD headphone, should I go for LCD2 or is it really worth paying twice as much to get LCD3. Thank you!

If ya got the funds for the LCD-3 go for it. If not, then don't, it's not worth 2x the price of LCD-2.

Jul 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #6,278 of 11,521
Jul 25, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #6,279 of 11,521
I heard the rev 2 as better sounding overall, so get those instead! LCD-3 sounds thicker and weightier in the bass and treble is more open sounding, but the midrange is more withdrawn than the rev 2 with some upper mid graininess. The midrange is also a bit thinner sounding. 

This is based on the pair I heard, which COULD have been a "veiled" unit. So take this with a grain of salt eh :wink:

One thing though, the LCD-3 pads are wonderfully comfortable. I think the LCD-2 grips your head too tight (almost feels like a helmet to me) but the LCD-3 sits much more gently.

Jul 25, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #6,281 of 11,521
Been a while since I've been able to catch up to this thread...
Quote:
Quote:

All things considered, the colours are fairly accurate (on my MacBook Pro).

Yeah, the colors looked good. Just seemed a bit overexposed on my screen. Pulled it down with a bit of gamma correction.

I deliberately blew the highlights slightly (the original was under-exposed) as they were in areas such as reflections off the amp and tubes and it keeps the headphones highlighted, especially the darker parts such as the pads and grill. Time to start a headphone photography thread!

Jul 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #6,282 of 11,521
Quote:
I deliberately blew the highlights slightly (the original was under-exposed) as they were in areas such as reflections off the amp and tubes and it keeps the headphones highlighted, especially the darker parts such as the pads and grill. Time to start a headphone photography thread!

Ah, gotcha.

Quote:
Time to start a headphone photography thread!

That'd be cool. There isn't one already?

se

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #6,283 of 11,521
I'm not sure I care where the LCD-3 is at now.  After hearing an LCD-2rev2 completely demolish the LCD-3 I heard in just about every way I don't want anything to do with the 3.  The only Audeze I would consider buying is the Rev2.  They'd have to make consistently amazing LCD-3's for a long time before I would consider it.  Assuming I had the money. 

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #6,284 of 11,521
Rev.1 with rev.2 pads is my preference, need to switch back to the metal headband!

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #6,285 of 11,521
I'm not sure I care where the LCD-3 is at now.  After hearing an LCD-2rev2 completely demolish the LCD-3 I heard in just about every way I don't want anything to do with the 3.  The only Audeze I would consider buying is the Rev2.  They'd have to make consistently amazing LCD-3's for a long time before I would consider it.  Assuming I had the money. 

Glad I'm not the only one who prefers the rev 2 :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back