New Audeze LCD3
May 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #5,851 of 11,521
Quote:
The LCD3s still show the truth, they just don't lay it bare like a super sharp lens, and there is such a thing as too much focus.

Nope.  What there is, is focus poorly portrayed and related to paying more for less in audiophilia... ugh.  If you want less detail, less anything for that matter, pay less not more to get it :wink:

May 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #5,852 of 11,521
My RMA'ed LCD-3 and HD800 with Black Dragon cable are much more similar than they are different. One is somewhat more visceral and present while the other is slightly more polite and refined, but as relates to the terms being thrown around here -- focus, resolution, etc. -- they're within a whisker of one another.

I guess old grudges die hard.

May 29, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #5,856 of 11,521
And so I wave the flag of that signifies that the Audez'e LCD-2 and 3 sound great out of an iPod! 
o2smile.gif

May 29, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #5,859 of 11,521
I have an interesting piece of writing in the making, which contains some thoughts on the LCD-3 and a few other new flagships. I'll keep you posted. :)

May 29, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #5,861 of 11,521
Quote:
Are you going to compare them to watches? Or cars?

Nope, just headphones. :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/612250/comparing-some-of-the-finest-headphones-sennheiser-hd-600-hd-700-hd-800-hd-25-1-and-amperior-audio-technicas-ath-m50s-and-audezes-lcd-2-rev-2-and-lcd-3#post_8419930

May 30, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #5,862 of 11,521
Have had a pair of LCD-3s for the last month or so and have been really enjoying them. They are quite a breath of fresh air compared to my normal speaker setup. Glad a friend introduced m to headphones. Really nice sound and "very affordable" compared to my speaker setup.

May 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #5,863 of 11,521
Quote:
Have had a pair of LCD-3s for the last month or so and have been really enjoying them. They are quite a breath of fresh air compared to my normal speaker setup. Glad a friend introduced m to headphones. Really nice sound and "very affordable" compared to my speaker setup.

What's your normal speaker set-up? Sometimes I prefer listening with my Emotiva 4s over headphones and sometimes I enjoy using the LCD-3s and Stax instead. I'm in two minds about this, but some of that has to do with the ribbon tweeters in the Emotivas and that I'm using them in near field.

May 30, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #5,864 of 11,521
There is something about the scale of speakers that headphones just cannot achieve , I am a total believer in ribbon tweeters after spending time with my RAAL based monitors. I really enjoyed Audeze's near field monitors at RMAF too ! ..dB

May 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #5,865 of 11,521
Quote:
My RMA'ed LCD-3 and HD800 with Black Dragon cable are much more similar than they are different. One is somewhat more visceral and present while the other is slightly more polite and refined, but as relates to the terms being thrown around here -- focus, resolution, etc. -- they're within a whisker of one another.

I guess old grudges die hard.

Funny, I have exactly what you have, black dragons and all on both phones, and think the sonics are very different, but equally satisfying and valid. The Lcd3s having very deep but not bloated or lumpy bass, larger images, smoother sounding.
Whereas the HD800s are sharper and will show some roughness if the recording has it, but in better recordings has a finer and uncanny texture with lots of little tiny sounds from vocals and instruments
and recording techniques that is great fun. I need both. I love listening to a favorite CD on the 800s and then the LCD3s, like hearing 2 different performances or interpretations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back