New Audeze LCD3
Oct 15, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #241 of 11,521
I actually think the fact that people are upset about the price might point towards them selling well because it's an indication that the demand for them is really high.  Otherwise people would just shrug and move on.  But instead it's frustration at feeling like we have to come up with this much money somehow. 

Kind of funny how that works. 

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #242 of 11,521

Quote:

Would you expect anything else of the LCD2 faboys?

You misunderstood Yucketa.

Quote:
I actually think the fact that people are upset about the price might point towards them selling well because it's an indication that the demand for them is really high.  Otherwise people would just shrug and move on.  But instead it's frustration at feeling like we have to come up with this much money somehow. 

Kind of funny how that works. 

Demand is high, otherwise there would not be casual interest, but it's the principle that is getting out of hand. Doubling, and doubling, and doubling every year. But it's not the frusteration with (having to come up with the money) that you mention. It's that these companies THINK they've got us around their fingers and we need to pay this much. AKA, they think they can charge us this much. WTYH?!! The margins are approaching the 1000%'s of percent universally across the board. It's called consumer rape. It may not be pretty, but that's what it is. And in the end it's our job as consumers to monitor and behold the products we want at an ethically reasonable price. In no other market has 1500$ price gouging taken place accept gold.

The principle is that it's insulting to you and I as a customer.

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #243 of 11,521

Quote:
You misunderstood Yucketa. 

Demand is high, otherwise there would not be casual interest, but it's the principle that is getting out of hand. Doubling, and doubling, and doubling every year. But it's not the frusteration with (having to come up with the money) that you mention. It's that these companies THINK they've got us around their fingers and we need to pay this much. AKA, they think they can charge us this much. WTYH?!! The margins are approaching the 1000%'s of percent universally across the board. It's called consumer rape. It may not be pretty, but that's what it is. And in the end it's our job as consumers to monitor and behold the products we want at an ethically reasonable price. In no other market has 1500$ price gouging taken place accept gold.

The principle is that it's insulting to you and I as customer. 

Hey...some people believe everything they are told and thus, believe it to be a great deal.

I'm holding off until I hear them.

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #244 of 11,521
Ok, I don't like it anymore than you do, but it's nothing new, headphones have sold for this much for decades especially if you take inflation into account.  How much did the orpheus sell for when it was released way back when?  And today the 009 is 5k.  As long as there is demand for good headphones, there will be headphones at this price point.  It's just the way it is.  I think what makes it difficult is the lack of decent low priced headphones. 

I think you ought to be able to get a headphone without any serious flaws for under 300.  Then as you pay more, you get more of the wow factors like soundstage, resolution, dynamics, subtleties.  But that's not the way it is for whatever reason, the wow factors come first, and you have to pay thousands just to get something that is mostly worked out and isn't deeply flawed and just wrong.  But whichever way it went, there'd always be phones at this price when headphones are in such demand. 

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #245 of 11,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's that these companies THINK KNOW they've got us around their fingers and we need want to pay this much.

Fixed.

Seriously, why would a firm enter Senheissers playing ground without a good strategy, business is business.

Think about it, the LCD2s are half the price of the LCD3s and perform 90 percent.  Everyone needs to buy an LCD2.  Simple really.

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #246 of 11,521

Quote:
Fixed.

Seriously, why would a firm enter Senheissers playing ground without a good strategy, business is business.

Think about it, the LCD2s are half the price of the LCD3s and perform 90 percent.  Everyone needs to buy an LCD2.  Simple really.

Isn't that the general structure of it?

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #251 of 11,521

Quote:
You're supposed to glean a little bit more out of that post.. If the headphone market can artificially manipulate you, why can't I artificially manipulate you?

Your diaphragms are not thin enough.  I can't wear you on my head.  I don't know how good you are with classical and jazz.

Oct 15, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #252 of 11,521

Quote:
You're diaphragms are not thin enough, and I can't wear you on my head.

I thought you were saying "I am mature, I am mature, I am mature" earlier.
tongue_smile.gif
Was that someone else?

Oct 15, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #253 of 11,521
Interesting, I'd like to hear them.

But we're going to have to go through the Head-Fi New Headphone Rollercoaster!

First, initial proclamations of Best Ever.

Second, the Backlash and claims of being overrated.

Third, fight fight fight!

Fourth, general consensus of sound signature.

Since I've enjoyed the LCD1 and LCD2, I think I'll enjoy these, too. Though I'll give them a listen before buying and probably pick up a used pair after the Backlash begins. Or maybe I'll grab a LCD2 from someone upgrading. Those are pretty good headphones.

Oct 15, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #254 of 11,521

Quote:

I thought you were saying "I am mature, I am mature, I am mature" earlier.
tongue_smile.gif
Was that someone else?

I think you are thinking of someone else.

I hope these LCD3s fare well against the 009.  I envy those with the 009, I wish I have a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back