New Audeze LCD3
Oct 14, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #211 of 11,521
Quote:
excellent observation. are you suggesting Sylafari spread mayo on it and then add a few layers of clearcoat?
biggrin.gif

Oh, I was just getting hungry.

Oct 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #212 of 11,521

Quote:
I just thought of an ingenious plan! I'm going to unscrew the metal plates off my LCD-2s, sand off the 2 and replace it with a 3. Than i'll use a highlighter and highlight the white letters so they look yellow!  Not sure about the wood though... any tips? 
tongue_smile.gif

LOL!

Oct 14, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #213 of 11,521
My friend went there earlier today. Here are some pics he took. Enjoy.

As for the LCD-3, he gave them an extended time of audition. He simply threw 3 words at me: "Not worth it." To him the LCD-3 is not even 10% better than LCD-2. Also he mentioned that Audeze told him that they change to a different type of wood just for the aesthetics. Nothing sonic involved.

Oct 14, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #214 of 11,521
I will be absolutely livid if there's a pre-order special.

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have many chances to listen with speakers. I'm still considering a desktop near-field rig for those times though. However, if there is a $1500 pre-order special then I'm sold for sure. If they've taken the driver design significantly further then I'll be most pleased. 

Oct 14, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #215 of 11,521
Oct 14, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #216 of 11,521

Quote:

Unfortunately I don't have many chances to listen with speakers. I'm still considering a desktop near-field rig for those times though. However, if there is a $1500 pre-order special then I'm sold for sure. If they've taken the driver design significantly further then I'll be most pleased.  

I think the stock cable is very good. However I do think that the aftermarket cable I have here improves the sound, subtly, but significantly enough over the current stock one. The improvement is behind a good choice of tubes in the Stacker II or behind a good source and amp, but it only costs a couple of hundred, which is fraction of the cost of my system, so I feel it is worth it, for me. 

Not sure if you're talking about the Mini Maggies or the LCD3 in the first paragraph but there is definitely going to be an in home trial audition program for the Maggies.  It's on their webpage for the Minis.  No hassle return policy.  I'm super interested in those to replace my current dynamic bookshelves.  They use a real ribbon ala the 1.7/3.7 and also have a separate sub unit for bass. :)

As for cables, it doesn't matter what high end headphone or amp I've used but I've never heard a difference between cables.  I have however passed several of the Sound Science tests between different bitrate files, etc. so my ears can't be all that bad.

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #217 of 11,521
Oct 15, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #224 of 11,521

Quote:
I think Currawong was talking about the Mini Maggies.

Nah, Googlei was inventing a new reality in his head where he already owned the LCD3 but Audeze didn't know it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back