New Audeze LCD3
Oct 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #181 of 11,521

Quote:
That's typical audiofool thinking  "what?! my cables don't cost at least 800$ to match with ma headphone?"Sorry I tried hard not to.

Correct. This thread has not had a single mention of cables. And for good reason. They have nothing to do with the topic at hand. But opinions do change.. =/ it's very headphone dependant. ; ) And only really matters with cans like hd 800, the 6x0, lcd-2.
Stax cans never need recables as their cables already rock. If you want something nice, just make your own. That is cables in a nutshell.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #182 of 11,521
Okay, sorry to derail on the subject of cables, just that with experience with my JH16 stock cable vs. OCC copper was significant .... but certainly not "measured", subjective of course ... anyway, this thread is about LCD-3's so back to that. 

But I would love to hear some amp recommendations come out of the show ...... other than the Lyr, RWA, Apex and the usual suspects. 

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #186 of 11,521
Well, in honour of the LCD3's I have just spent a pleasurable 20 minutes using the supplied wax to feed the wood and leather on my rev1's.. All the while thinking of ways to reverse what I said earlier and make a set of 3's happen in my near future!

oh, and I for one am glad they have left the design as it is. I think I am one of the few that actually find these headphones the most comfortable I have owned to date!

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #187 of 11,521
Quote:
I think I am one of the few that actually find these headphones the most comfortable I have owned to date!

I think that's the problem 
wink.gif

I find them comfortable too, but many don't. That they didn't even attempt to address ergonomics in a headphone that costs twice as much is not going to make the customers feel heard.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #188 of 11,521

However it is true.
Quote:
This would be surprising considering they've put their name behind the Red Wine Audio amp and sell it on their website, I'm not saying it's bad or anything just would be strange from marketing point of view.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #190 of 11,521
maybe it's just me, and trust me, I know these are great headphones, but the LCD-2 and LCD-3 are definitely not the prettiest looking cans on the market. not trying to start any flame wars here, but short of calling them ugly (personal opinion) - aesthetically speaking, they really don't do it for me... 
would love to hear them some day though. 

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #191 of 11,521
As if anyone in their right mind took a first look at the AKG K1000 and thought

'Woah, that's an attractive looking headphone, I must make sure to get glamour shots when they come in the mail'

Aesthetics and comfort ~ meh, who cares. It's all about sonic goodness.

Funny though that many aesthetic critics also happen to be the ones who double-up by stating that any new headphone
does not offer enough 'sonic improvement'.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #192 of 11,521

Quote:
If the LCD-3 is 25% better than the LCD-2, I'd be interested. However, I'd have to see that Audeze has fixed the quality issues. I was not satisfied with Audeze's response when I complained about the issues with my LCD-2, so I'm not inclined to give them more $$$ until I hear that there has been a  substantial improvement. 

On a different note... I sympathize with those can't afford the LCD-3, but when I was a young person I had a pair of very inexpensive headphones that gave me tremendous enjoyment. I sometimes remind myself that it is really not necessary to always have the so-called "best" to get a lot of pleasure from listening to music. 

I totally agree. These days I still enjoy listening to music my my iPhone and Apple In-Ear Headphones / Sennheiser HD-25 headphones (I certainly wouldn't use the LCD-2 as a portable on-the-go headphone when I'm walking around out of the house. With either of those aforementioned combos, I get to place of being in the moment and 'hearing' the music. Nice headphones are a bonus.  

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #193 of 11,521
Quote:
maybe it's just me, and trust me, I know these are great headphones, but the LCD-2 and LCD-3 are definitely not the prettiest looking cans on the market. not trying to start any flame wars here, but short of calling them ugly (personal opinion) - aesthetically speaking, they really don't do it for me... 
would love to hear them some day though. 

I don't know about you, but it's not like I look in the mirror when wearing the LCD02, even though they can be perceived as having an interesting facial expression. :)

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #194 of 11,521

Quote:
HA!  Now I am glad I kept my Rev 1's and didn;t buy Rev-2's!  LCD-3, here I come!  I can't wait to hear this bad boy at RMAF tomorrow!

Aren't you going to hold off for the LCD-3 Rev2 in December?

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #195 of 11,521
with the RWA amp now gone the liquid fire is really on top of my list, either that or the rsa dark star
     Please try to take a look at Eddiecurrent  there is a new Super 7 amplifier which is cheap (cost around 1500-1600$
it was mentioned at the previous Venice meeting that it is perfect match for LCD2 and HD800 and now Craig has upgraded
the transformer to make it better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back