New Audeze LCD3
Oct 14, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #151 of 11,521
Be honest, if you have good glass are you really being held back by the camera body?
tongue.gif

want and need are 2 separate things:D I just want the d800 to play with nothing more nothing less. I am pretty much set in term of lens holy trinity plus 24 50 and 85

Oct 14, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #152 of 11,521

Quote:
[snip]

I AM TRULY WAITING TO SEE WHAT THIS HEADPHONE CAN'T DO.

Once this headphone is released, it will see the wrath of some of the smartest people and dumbest people i have had the chance to interact with
on this website.  For Audez'e's sake, i hope you did it right. 

P.s.  Audez'e if you're reading this, it's probably to late but this whole lcd-3 thing has really brought a lot of the owners out of dwelling and it is
giving a lot of people who don't own an lcd-2 the opportunity to see how many people are complaining about the comfort.  I'm really considering
just saying screw it and not worrying about buying something so expensive as it seems very unpractical. 

(for anyone reading this, don't yell at me saying that if you haven't felt one then don't run you're mouth.  As a potential customer, i am only going
by what i'm reading, so while you might not have a problem, obviously other people do, and it has caused me to seriously reconsider buying
an Audez'e headphone)

Do you happen to an agent of Audeze's working on their viral marketing campaign?

Oct 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #154 of 11,521

Quote:
... but we should at least wait for the big guys' (Jude, Skylab, Ttyl) reviews to come out before jumping to the conclusion that Audeze is suddenly turning from the head-fi game changer / savior to a greedy monster.

You should wait for your own conclusion.

Oct 14, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #156 of 11,521
I can't wait to hear myself, or at least get impressions ... however, now that I think about it they could have priced it closer to the HD800 (i.e. $1495 or $1595) and still distanced it enough from the LCD-2 to not offend customers, while at the same time not seeming "outrageous" at $2k. 

Time will tell, but I'm guessing that would be a smarter pricing strategy and would have eaten more into both Sennheiser and possible Stax's business at just a few hundred less .....

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #158 of 11,521

Quote:

Wait.... what? And here I was thinking the T1, HD800, and LCD2 will be the only flagships for a decade.

Nope.  Sennheiser at least had something else in the works right before the launch of the HD800.  I can't say what, but I got the feeling it was something big.  And I don't mean big as in The Surrounder.  :)

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #159 of 11,521

Quote:
Nope.  Sennheiser at least had something else in the works right before the launch of the HD800.  I can't say what, but I got the feeling it was something big.  And I don't mean big as in The Surrounder.  :)

Another 500$ design product that ends up at 1500$?
ph34r.gif

Sennheiser clearly knows how to bring the consumer the best product. My source would know if such a thing were coming out anytime soon, (the next 3-4 months) but the HD 700 ~ the 'drop in' HD 6xx replacement will be 800-900$ January.
confused_face_2.gif

Sennheiser Luvs you. < 3

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #160 of 11,521
Quote:

What makes you say that? And what do you mean by had? Have they somehow lost the design after the launch of the HD800?

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:18 PM Post #161 of 11,521

Quote:
What makes you say that? And what do you mean by had? Have they somehow lost the design after the launch of the HD800?

Lol, well after HD 800, which (originally was meant to be around $600 in their product line) turned out to be a $1500 product, Sennheiser just decided to forstall the design that was better than HD 800. as it was unecessary and would not make them money anyway. Pretty cewl of them, no?

Fictional or not, Do you see the problem here?

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #162 of 11,521

Quote:
Screw this upgrade desire I have with a stick the size of the QEII.

LOL!  Upgrade desire is a serious impulse.  I have it for sure but I have decided to save for the Mini Maggies instead and even if I don't end up getting them it's a good distraction until the urge passes.   unless of course Skylab posts that he has heard the LCD-3 and fell into a walk towards the light, walk towards the light sonic calling.  Then I think we are all doomed or at the very least destined to suffer the upgrade desire at an intensive care unit for a very long time or at least until the LCD-3 has its first driver failure.  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #164 of 11,521

Quote:
I wouldn't mind a person marriage between the HD650 and HD800. 

It's called a tube amp and Jazz mod.  
tongue.gif

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #165 of 11,521
If the LCD-3 is 25% better than the LCD-2, I'd be interested. However, I'd have to see that Audeze has fixed the quality issues. I was not satisfied with Audeze's response when I complained about the issues with my LCD-2, so I'm not inclined to give them more $$$ until I hear that there has been a  substantial improvement. 

On a different note... I sympathize with those can't afford the LCD-3, but when I was a young person I had a pair of very inexpensive headphones that gave me tremendous enjoyment. I sometimes remind myself that it is really not necessary to always have the so-called "best" to get a lot of pleasure from listening to music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back